Mixing 3 doses of Pfizer with bivalent Moderna

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2022 8:55 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
23582 posts
22540 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
AsianXL wrote: Does anyone know if the new Pfizer Bivalent vaccine is available in BC yet?
CTV News on October 7th (updated October 8th)
https://bc.ctvnews.ca/b-c-to-get-1-7-mi ... -1.6101645

That was published Friday
And says next week (which is this week )
Today is Tuesday, after the Holiday Weekend

Maybe call your local Public Health Unit
Or a pharmacy in your area
Places you might get a shot
They should be able to tell you more on the exact expected arrival date
And how to book
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2015
2888 posts
1542 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm also curious if bivalent Pfizer is available in Ontario? Wen I go to government or pharmacies website to book appointment, they don't tell me if it's available :(
"All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others" George Orwell
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
23582 posts
22540 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
gibor365365 wrote: I'm also curious if bivalent Pfizer is available in Ontario? Wen I go to government or pharmacies website to book appointment, they don't tell me if it's available :(
Ya, Booking websites won’t tell you what they have in stock
And are currently vaccinating with

For that info you’ll either have to wait until your appointment
Or call ahead and ask

It can also differ place to place, in my experience

* NOTE - In the past using Ontario public health clinics we’ve run into two situations
1- We are vaccinating today with XYZ
Or
2- We have ABC or XYZ today … do you have a preference?
Sep 15, 2018
110 posts
156 upvotes
gibor365365 wrote: I'm also curious if bivalent Pfizer is available in Ontario? Wen I go to government or pharmacies website to book appointment, they don't tell me if it's available :(
The Shoppers booking system told me what was available in a particular branch, it’s how I knew where to go and not where to go when I wanted the bivalent Moderna booster.

The website claims walk-ins allowed but every time I asked, they wanted me to make an appointment.

Might be too early for bivalent Pfizer right now.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
29100 posts
4787 upvotes
Montreal
Typically Moderna will be in pharmacies and Pfizer in large clinics due to the difference in refrigeration requirements.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4504 posts
4820 upvotes
Pfizer Bivalent vaccine is already available at Walmart pharmacy in BC. Just booked and confirmed for this weekend.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4504 posts
4820 upvotes
I'm getting severe side effects starting about 10 hours after getting my 4th shot (Pfizer Bivalent). It's a little over 24 hours in right now, experiencing intense side effects like fatigue and muscle pain that I did not experience with my first 3 Pfizer shots. The fatigue is so bad right now that I feel like I can't do anything. Disappointed But Relieved Face
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
7239 posts
4892 upvotes
SW ON
AsianXL wrote: I'm getting severe side effects starting about 10 hours after getting my 4th shot (Pfizer Bivalent). It's a little over 24 hours in right now, experiencing intense side effects like fatigue and muscle pain that I did not experience with my first 3 Pfizer shots. The fatigue is so bad right now that I feel like I can't do anything. Disappointed But Relieved Face
It won't make you feel better but my wife had 39.4+ fever for 24 hours after the second Pfizer and third Moderna (the original ones). Fatigue was complementary. She had to stay in bed for the whole day on the next day after the shots. You don't have fever I suppose? All this went away in 24 hours like nothing happened.
Oct 18, 2021
149 posts
125 upvotes
Ballmer wrote: Pfizer Bivalent BA4/BA5 available in Ontario from next Monday, Oct 17.

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontarians-12- ... -1.6107149

(I also posted this in the other similar thread)
I got my Pfizer Bivalent vaccine today in York Region. Took all of 5 minutes tops, clinics seems to have their process down, and public uptake seems slow so it's very quick and easy to go get a booster. Booked the appointment last night for today.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
23582 posts
22540 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Got our jab # 5 with Pfizer BA.4/5 more than 72 Hours ago
This was the easiest one to date
Absolutely no reaction … not even a sore arm / injection site

Lol, we maintain the pattern with our shots (strictly by coincidence)
P - M - P - M - P

Should keep us nicely covered til after Christmas and on into 2023
We’ll be looking for our next jab come late February / early March

Next up our Flu Shots
Got those booked for mid November
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
4991 posts
2021 upvotes
Got my Pfizer Bivalent and the flu shot at the same time today, one in each arm. This will be my first pfizer shot after 3 modernas. Hopefully it wont be too bad, good thing I don't have to goto work tomorrow.

48hr Update: Arm that got covid shot is a little sore, flu shot arm is OK. I also find my covid arm's arm pit area is a little sore as well. Felt a little tired yesterday, general malaise kinda of feeling, had an advil and it was fine. This shot hit me less than the previous covid shots.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)