Cell Phones

MKBHD's 2018 Blind Test, PROVES My Point.

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2018 3:10 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1703 posts
875 upvotes
Calgary
arkane wrote: *raises hand*

The auto mode sucks balls for low light and backlit situations, and you really have to play around with the ISO and exposure settings to not blow out everything.
Same here! There's a reason Pro Mode is one swipe away from Auto on my Note 9.....

That said, it was indeed quite silly to base the results on single photos each round. That right there made this whole thing almost meaningless; not to mention no low-light shots or things that would have actually caused the weaker cameras to show their flaws. I could go and mention quite a few of the photos weren't even that pleasing to look at, but thats just me.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2018
1786 posts
1359 upvotes
Bay Area
Devhux wrote: Same here! There's a reason Pro Mode is one swipe away from Auto on my Note 9.....

That said, it was indeed quite silly to base the results on single photos each round. That right there made this whole thing almost meaningless; not to mention no low-light shots or things that would have actually caused the weaker cameras to show their flaws. I could go and mention quite a few of the photos weren't even that pleasing to look at, but thats just me.
Me too! Great minds think alike! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12519 posts
2026 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Amourek wrote: Absolutely. If you ask someone to pick the image that looks best, they'll go for color, saturation, brightness. I personally prefer pics that are more true to life. I wish more reviewers pit smartphone cameras against DSLRs so we could get a better idea of what the picture should actually look like without post-processing.
BINGO!!! Things a dslr cam can do that lame cell cam cant. Point blank. The difference is amazing. Using the same scene, same set-up and same fotographer. You cannot compare pics on the National Geographic IG feed in real life vs cell pics. *welp*
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12519 posts
2026 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
ak-47 wrote:
I agree you don't need a $1000 phone camera to take good photos, but you need to know how to take a good picture to begin with. Because if you don't know how to take a picture with a $1000 phone, it'll end up looking worse than a $500 phone.
Same with dslr's. Peeps who take pics with a $7000 dslr ends up more craptastic than a pro who takes the same pic with a canon rebel. lol.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING