MLB.TV - Half Price Aug 14-16 $24.99 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2015 4:47 am
200 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
3900 posts
720 upvotes
i'm guessing this one doesn't include playoffs either?
[OP]
Jul 18, 2006
414 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
nx6288 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2015 1:33 pm
i'm guessing this one doesn't include playoffs either?
Nope.

"Postseason Live Blackout: Due to Major League Baseball exclusivities, during the MLB Postseason, all live games except for those games for which Authenticated Access is available, will be blacked out in the United States (including the territories of Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands) and Canada. If you are an MLB.TV Subscriber in an area subject to blackout each of these games will be available as an archived game approximately 90 minutes after the conclusion of the applicable game.

Postseason.TV: Subscribers to Postseason.TV, available only during the MLB Postseason, will be able to view live alternative video feeds (excluding the broadcast feed) from MLB Postseason games without blackout restrictions.

Live Audio of those games subject to the blackout restrictions reflected above is available as part of any MLB.TV subscription, as part of MLB.com Gameday Audio."
Jun 20, 2005
198 posts
15 upvotes
London
I wonder if any of the dns services would support this. As the playoffs are available as long as you are outside of USA and Canada? Or do they tie your account to how you paid?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
1190 posts
196 upvotes
I reside in Toronto. Does that mean even during regular season, most Blue Jays games are blacked out?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5805 posts
3342 upvotes
Meridian wrote:
Aug 14th, 2015 2:18 pm
I reside in Toronto. Does that mean even during regular season, most Blue Jays games are blacked out?
No, you will get to watch all Blue Jays games.
Jan 24, 2013
277 posts
99 upvotes
Ontario
Does anyone know what the picture quality is like with this subscription on Kodi? Have been getting by watching 480ip on Sports devil but may bite the bullet for the mlb.tv subscription if the quality is better.
Jan 4, 2006
55 posts
6 upvotes
Waterloo
Can anyone confirm if you sign up with a Cdn credit card / address and use Unblock-Us that you can get around the black-out? This is a great deal to watch the remainder of the Jays season and potential playoffs (but only if they are not all blacked out!)
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8513 upvotes
GTHA
Nealester wrote:
Aug 14th, 2015 1:39 pm
I wonder if any of the dns services would support this. As the playoffs are available as long as you are outside of USA and Canada? Or do they tie your account to how you paid?
Yes, DNS services support MLB.TV.
i.e. https://ironsocket.com/channel-guide

Postseason Live Blackout: Due to Major League Baseball exclusivities, during the MLB Postseason, all live games except for those games for which Authenticated Access is available, will be blacked out in the United States (including the territories of Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands) and Canada. If you are an MLB.TV Subscriber in an area subject to blackout each of these games will be available as an archived game approximately 90 minutes after the conclusion of the applicable game.

from http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/in ... R#blackout
darkwing_1978 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2015 2:29 pm
Can anyone confirm if you sign up with a Cdn credit card / address and use Unblock-Us that you can get around the black-out? This is a great deal to watch the remainder of the Jays season and potential playoffs (but only if they are not all blacked out!)
Like Netflix, MLB.TV uses your IP address to find out where you are connecting from.

"Note MLB.com live game blackouts are determined in part by IP address. MLB.com At Bat live game blackouts are determined using one or more reference points, such as GPS and software within your mobile device. The Zip Code search is offered for general reference only."

from http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/in ... R#blackout
Jun 23, 2003
331 posts
123 upvotes
From those that have this, how much data/bandwidth does streaming a game (HD or SD) usually consume? Does that number at all differ if watching on web vs mobile app (assuming you get the premium)?
Feb 13, 2007
223 posts
24 upvotes
darkwing_1978 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2015 2:29 pm
No need to use Unblock-US, I've been using MLB.TV since the beginning of the season in Mississauga and no blackouts of any Jays games.

NefCanuck
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7946 posts
1018 upvotes
Blackouts are determined by local broadcaster, Rogers lifted all blackout restrictions for MLB games in Canada 2 years ago.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
1190 posts
196 upvotes
Winkle wrote:
Aug 14th, 2015 3:07 pm
Blackouts are determined by local broadcaster, Rogers lifted all blackout restrictions for MLB games in Canada 2 years ago.
Does that include playoffs? $25 including post season would be amazing!
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7946 posts
1018 upvotes
Meridian wrote:
Aug 14th, 2015 3:15 pm
Does that include playoffs? $25 including post season would be amazing!
This guy on Reddit says yes, playoffs and World Series, but only because Rogers lifted all blackout restrictions in Canada

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comme ... ackouts_d/

This is probably the only time I'd ever say this in my life but... good on Rogers.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5805 posts
3342 upvotes
Nguygie wrote:
Aug 14th, 2015 2:23 pm
Does anyone know what the picture quality is like with this subscription on Kodi? Have been getting by watching 480ip on Sports devil but may bite the bullet for the mlb.tv subscription if the quality is better.
Quality shouldn't be dependent on app (likely dependent on bandwidth). I watch games on the At Bat app on my phone, the MLB.TV app on Xbox One and the MLB website on my laptop and all are in HD.