Expired Hot Deals

Mobil

4901 Sheppard Ave E, Scarborough, ON - Wednesday & Weekend Discount On Premium Gas - 6 Cents on 93 Octane

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2021 7:49 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
24155 posts
12191 upvotes
Toronto

4901 Sheppard Ave E, Scarborough, ON - Wednesday & Weekend Discount On Premium Gas - 6 Cents on 93 Octane

Retailer:
Mobil
The new Mobil gas station, between McCowan Road and Markham Road on Sheppard Ave East in Scarborough (formally Pioneer) is offering a deal

EVERY WEDNESDAY AND ALL WEEKEND SAVE ON PREMIUM GAS
6 CENTS ON 93 OCTANE
4 CENTS ON 91 OCTANE
2 CENTS ON 89 OCTANE

SHEPPARD AVE MOBIL
4901 SHEPPARD AVE E
TORONTO , ON M1S 4A6

Mobil is part of Esso, so feel free to collect Esso points or Optimum points at this location.
This location ALREADY offers discounted gasoline compared to the rest of the city, so this is an additional savings on top of that (generally 3 cents cheaper)
Images
  • PXL_20210811_221440758.jpg
  • PXL_20210811_221456332.jpg
  • PXL_20210811_221503410.jpg
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
26 replies
Jan 9, 2010
164 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
asdfasdf2021 wrote: 87 is good enough for most cars
Ok, and for people with cars that recommend premium and live in the area, this is a decent deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2009
1692 posts
1063 upvotes
Calgary
Is it cheaper than Costco after the discount?
May 16, 2009
116 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the heads up OP. i'm surprised pioneer left.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2017
1028 posts
405 upvotes
crayzie wrote: Ok, and for people with cars that recommend premium and live in the area, this is a decent deal.
Recommanded so it is not necessary right?
So you are saying if someone drives a bmw can get 87 grade gas?
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3621 posts
672 upvotes
Toronto
ibuddler wrote: Is it cheaper than Costco after the discount?
Maybe at the very end of the day?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
9198 posts
1183 upvotes
Toronto
must have ethanol mixed in to go that cheap
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9149 upvotes
The NORTH
Ogata wrote: must have ethanol mixed in to go that cheap
Don't most gases have ethanol mixed in? I thought it was only Shell that still had a non ethanol gas.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
2140 posts
908 upvotes
Toronto
Personally I don't know if I can even trust this place. Since 1996 when it was under the station name Beaver...i know before becoming Mobil it was Pioneer during the middle of the pandemic. Why does it keep changing? I don't know.
I'll just go down the road to an actual Esso where it's a 2 cent difference. If I'm filling up a full tank on my car it'll be at most a $5 difference at most. If it's a 10 cent per litre difference then sure,
Rather not mess up with my engine just to save a penny or two per litre
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
Feb 6, 2007
179 posts
75 upvotes
DealsHunterCo wrote: Personally I don't know if I can even trust this place. Since 1996 when it was under the station name Beaver...i know before becoming Mobil it was Pioneer during the middle of the pandemic. Why does it keep changing? I don't know.
I'll just go down the road to an actual Esso where it's a 2 cent difference. If I'm filling up a full tank on my car it'll be at most a $5 difference at most. If it's a 10 cent per litre difference then sure,
I used to buy gas here for years without any issues. The vehicles our family used were an old gm truck, a new vw golf, an audi, a Porsche and an f150. None of them experienced any issues from the fuel.

We switched to Canadian Tire Gas+ for any vehicles requiring 91+ octane because the price difference spread between regular and premium was less. Canadian Tire marks up their premium gas less than the other brands. I get my regular gas at the Petro down the road at Markham Rd because the price is usually similar and I get 3 cents off with Rbc card instead of having to collect points.
Automotive Enthusiast, Mechanical Engineering Technologist, HDTV Antenna Dealer, Amsoil Dealer

FREE HDTV in GTA
Feb 6, 2007
179 posts
75 upvotes
kr0zet wrote: Don't most gases have ethanol mixed in? I thought it was only Shell that still had a non ethanol gas.
The only station I've found that consistently has ethanol free is the Premium 91 octane at Canadian Tire Gas+. I use that for all my lawnmowers, etc because it lasts longer before going stale. If you have a Triangle card u get ctc money back too.
Automotive Enthusiast, Mechanical Engineering Technologist, HDTV Antenna Dealer, Amsoil Dealer

FREE HDTV in GTA
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3621 posts
672 upvotes
Toronto
kr0zet wrote: Don't most gases have ethanol mixed in? I thought it was only Shell that still had a non ethanol gas.
I thought that was their premium gas? In fact, I thought it was premium gas has no ethanol...
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
24155 posts
12191 upvotes
Toronto
Canadian Tire is also 3 cents cheaper at Sheppard and McCowan, like the other local stations.

Was in it for years during gift card promos (diesel).
DealsHunterCo wrote: Personally I don't know if I can even trust this place. Since 1996 when it was under the station name Beaver...i know before becoming Mobil it was Pioneer during the middle of the pandemic. Why does it keep changing? I don't know.
To further your conspiracy, it's the same employees working still too lol

As others have said, haven't had any issues since 2013 on and off
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
2140 posts
908 upvotes
Toronto
DaVibe wrote: Canadian Tire is also 3 cents cheaper at Sheppard and McCowan, like the other local stations.

Was in it for years during gift card promos (diesel).

To further your conspiracy, it's the same employees working still too lol

As others have said, haven't had any issues since 2013 on and off
I never understand WHY that gas station keeps changing lol, is it because they think changing to represent a different company means more customers? Husky > Pioneer > Mobil...next would be Shell/Petro
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
24155 posts
12191 upvotes
Toronto
DealsHunterCo wrote: I never understand WHY that gas station keeps changing lol, is it because they think changing to represent a different company means more customers? Husky > Pioneer > Mobil...next would be Shell/Petro
The last time I was in, I literally asked that question - why the change - and there wasn't a real answer.
"Looks better" - yes, I agree it looks better, but WHY lol

Mobil is a more reliable name though if we are talking about brands. They are now a part of the Esso program
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2014
1044 posts
1265 upvotes
leg3nd wrote: Recommanded so it is not necessary right?
So you are saying if someone drives a bmw can get 87 grade gas?
I'm surprised no one has answered this question yet.

There's a difference between recommended and required for premium fuel.

Check your owner's manual, if it's says premium fuel required, your engine will knock (very bad) if you don't get premium fuel.

If it says premium fuel recommended, that means your engine will likely tune itself to adjust for either regular or premium fuel (very basic explanation, full explanation is more complicated).
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2014
1044 posts
1265 upvotes
kr0zet wrote:
Don't most gases have ethanol mixed in? I thought it was only Shell that still had a non ethanol gas.
flame02 wrote:
I thought that was their premium gas? In fact, I thought it was premium gas has no ethanol...
In Ontario, I've heard (from RFD) that apparently only Shell 91 is ethanol-free.

In the West there's still Chevron 94 ethanol-free as well.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9149 upvotes
The NORTH
3express wrote: In Ontario, I've heard (from RFD) that apparently only Shell 91 is ethanol-free.
I have heard the same.