Mobil Gas Card - New To Me

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2019 11:30 pm
[OP]
Oct 7, 2013
535 posts
262 upvotes

Mobil Gas Card - New To Me

Completed a shop at my local RCSS today and on my way out the door ! was handed a free gift card of sorts.

A young lady was distributing a Mobil gas card that gives 5 cents off per liter. Max purchase 40 liters.

The card expires tomorrow (Sunday May 26) - hard plastic card with magnetic strip etc. etc. The real deal.

My local Mobil station is currently charging 114.2 per liter.

This knocks it down to a 1.09.2. I believe that is just about the lowest price in the entire country including First Nations outlets.

Sweet. I'll be there first thing Sunday morning. First time I've seen this.

Anyone else ever receive a similar type gas card hand out for Mobil gas from a Loblaws company store?
6 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12995 upvotes
YAH! I'd get to fill like 1/3 of a tank.

*cries in SUV*
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
6074 posts
3147 upvotes
Mississauga
They were doing the same at my local Loblaws a few weekends ago. Since the Mobil station was already on the same site as the grocery store, I took advantage of the card.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15459 posts
12654 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Haven’t seen these Cents Off Plastic Cards at Loblaws Group being handed out
But then Mobil’s are few & far between EAST of TO

Have used similar cents off cards at Esso

Esso regularly gives them out themselves in Promo
Or to community groups etc
Who then use them in Promotions

Whole idea is to get folks to TRY / BUY from a chain different from their usual in hopes they’ll switch

Same way, Sobey’s Group has Cents Off Couponed Receipts for Shell (both are AirMiles Partners)
Or, Cdn Tire Offers up Savings by shopping at both their store & gas pumps

Like others, I go wherever I get the best deal on gas
(primarily BRAND NAME Gas... been burned by those small gas stations / gas bars too many times)
Sometimes it’s thru promos (tough to beat Sobey’s / Shell $ 0.04 cents to $ 0.15 cents a Litre Coupons)
Othertimes it’s Costco
I find checking Gas Buddy tells me who’s got the best price at any given time wherever I may be in Canada or USA
[OP]
Oct 7, 2013
535 posts
262 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: It's $2 off a fill-up. Nice, but if you're making a special trip there on Sunday along with everyone else who got one of these, be careful not to burn up all of your savings waiting in some horrendous line.

Don't anticipate any lineups Sunday morning at 8 a.m. - gotta' be in the neighbourhood on business anyway.

So not an out-of-the-way trip.

1.09.2 per liter must sound pretty good to you Vancouverites...