• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2018 4:18 pm
[OP]
Nov 18, 2006
59 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] Mobile Friends & Family

Best Buy has new promotions when signing up for a 2 year term with various carriers.

Examples:
iPhone X 64GB - $199 w/ Telus/Rogers/Bell
IPhone 8 64 GB - Free + $200 gift card w/ Telus
IPhone 8+ 64 GB - Free + $150 gift card w/ Rogers
IPhone 7 32 GB - Free + $150 gift card w/ Fido/Koodo
Samsung S9 64 GB - Free + $200 gift card w/ Telus
Samsung S9+ - Free + $50 gift card w/ Rogers

I'm sure these are mainly Premium+ plans but if you're not plan sensitive (I.e. work pays monthly plan) the device costs plus gift cards look like good incentives.
11 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
1542 posts
1177 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Premium Plan: Pay a bit more for your phone upfront but save more on your monthly bill. Monthly rates include calling and data and start at $85/month.
Premium Plus Plan: Pay the lowest price for your phone upfront but a bit more on your monthly bill. Monthly rate plans include calling and data and start at $95/month.

Guess 95$/mo premium + plan applies to this deal
Dec 25, 2013
700 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
I'm seeing an ad on red flagdeals for a friends and family mobile sale starting tomorrow. Perhaps others are seeing it as well?

My interest is in the Iphone 8 plus with $150 GC for $0 on plan or Iphone 8 for $0 with $200 GC for $0. I know their plans suck. My question is how much does it cost to buy out contract right away also would the phone be unlocked, anyone know/figured it out already? I know the phone companies can't lock the phones anymore and I'm in need of an upgrade soon..
Dec 25, 2013
700 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
I might be interested in the Iphone 8 or 8s plus with the gift cards. Anyone know if the phone itself would be unlocked and how much it would cost to break my contract?
Apr 9, 2011
165 posts
34 upvotes
Am i able to get the plan with rogers and use corporate discount? I doubt but thought i would ask just to be sure
Dec 11, 2013
255 posts
139 upvotes
Victoria
Ychanceit wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 1:24 pm
I might be interested in the Iphone 8 or 8s plus with the gift cards. Anyone know if the phone itself would be unlocked and how much it would cost to break my contract?
All are unlocked these days. All providers cost you nothing to end service. You are only on the hook for the remainder of your device balance/subsidy.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
1208 posts
413 upvotes
Quinte West
Even though it says Rogers with the S9+ for $0, I wonder if telus will have it for $0..
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
1484 posts
1146 upvotes
For anyone who doesnt know, Telus, Rogers and Bell also have NON SHARE 2GB premium and premium plus plans currently.
Yes they're still priced high, but if you don't need more than 2GB data, nationwide calling and texting and aren't sharing data with anyone, they're better deals.

$80 for premium 2GB
$90 for premium plus 2GB

If you only need local calls, they're $75 and $85.
The plans are unadvertised so they won't be on the website.
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin, Bell customer.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
4825 posts
1024 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Ychanceit wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 1:15 pm
I'm seeing an ad on red flagdeals for a friends and family mobile sale starting tomorrow. Perhaps others are seeing it as well?

My interest is in the Iphone 8 plus with $150 GC for $0 on plan or Iphone 8 for $0 with $200 GC for $0. I know their plans suck. My question is how much does it cost to buy out contract right away also would the phone be unlocked, anyone know/figured it out already? I know the phone companies can't lock the phones anymore and I'm in need of an upgrade soon..
It will be base on device balance.

Freedom Mobile

Sep 4, 2013
18 posts
13 upvotes
Arviat
I wonder if the prices for premium plans will come down a bit over the weekend as part of this promo.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3121 posts
466 upvotes
Calgary
This is for a friend looking for iPhone 6.

I noticed it days with Fido it is $0 with $250 gift card on tab small. How much is the subsidy on that? Koodo plans are much more straightforward.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
1208 posts
413 upvotes
Quinte West
So.. with bestbuy extended warranty.. what if you don't have a credit card? What's the options?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)