Hot Deals

[The Mobile Shop] 200k points for iPhone 11 Pro at TMS (Bell)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 8:14 pm
[OP]
May 12, 2009
301 posts
611 upvotes

200k points for iPhone 11 Pro at TMS (Bell)

Deal Link:
Price:
$1100
Retailer:
The Mobile Shop
This is bound to attract a few downvotes because Bell, but I also hope to get some genuine feedback discussing if this is a good deal or not. So here's my case:

If somebody doesn't care about the iPhone 12 Pro 5G hype and novelty tax it comes with, but still wants a top of the line smartphone, the iPhone 11 Pro is worth looking at. Apple has discontinued the sale of iPhone 11 Pro, which makes it available only through carriers, third party resellers or used via eBay/Kijiji. Getting it through a carrier might make sense because you get the full Apple warranty, the extra warranty afforded by the credit card you pay with, one year of free Apple TV+ subscription, and/or access to AppleCare+.

Nobody says that you have to stick with the horrible plans that you are forced to take in order to get the phone. I am not advocating for this, but if you decide to break the contract, you end up paying the retail price of $1100, the $45 connection fee, but get back 200k PCO points.

And you might further reduce the out-of-pocket money if you can increase the down payment using PCO points you might have available (not sure if this is possible though). Also to be mentioned is the possible temporary hit to your credit score, but as someone with an almost perfect credit score who couldn't get the best rates that were available in the market when I tried to renew my mortgage back in June, I couldn't care less about that number.

Looking back at BF deals from 2019, there were no deals available for the 2018 iPhone, so this might be as good a deal as one can get on last year's best iPhone, or is it?

Edit 1: paragraphs. Edit 2: title change (currently only Bell has reduced the retail price)
Last edited by horiah00 on Oct 18th, 2020 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
30 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2147 posts
1179 upvotes
GTA
Make few paragraphs would make reading way easier.
¸

- - - - -
;)
[OP]
May 12, 2009
301 posts
611 upvotes
DragOnT wrote: Make few paragraphs would make reading way easier.
Thanks for the suggestion, done Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Nov 26, 2014
241 posts
433 upvotes
Calgary, AB
There's also 200k on the XR and iPhone 11. But with the XR you can also connect with Koodo/Virgin/Fido and get 200k points.

That's probably the best deal on a perfectly functional phone at a good price, on a decent carrier if you can get a decent plan without a winback offer.
Nov 3, 2010
796 posts
689 upvotes
If you're going to get an iPhone 11 / Pro then you might as well wait. They're going to need to clear out stock after iPhone 12 releases so there'll be much better deals than this. iPhone 11 is already free on $60/mo plans at Freedom for example.
[OP]
May 12, 2009
301 posts
611 upvotes
asbraich wrote: There's also 200k on the XR and iPhone 11. But with the XR you can also connect with Koodo/Virgin/Fido and get 200k points.

That's probably the best deal on a perfectly functional phone at a good price, on a decent carrier if you can get a decent plan without a winback offer.
As you can probably tell, I'm hunting specifically for an iPhone 11 Pro deal, but you are right, if you are not hung on getting the 11 Pro, the XR (Virgin Mobile retail price $720) and 11 (VM retail price $875) are better bang for your buck deals.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6188 posts
5335 upvotes
Calgary
Yeah, if you are spending over 1000$ for an iPhone I would always get the latest version.
Unfortunately they kept the 11 around so no big clearance expected on those.
[OP]
May 12, 2009
301 posts
611 upvotes
Ambushes wrote: If you're going to get an iPhone 11 / Pro then you might as well wait. They're going to need to clear out stock after iPhone 12 releases so there'll be much better deals than this. iPhone 11 is already free on $60/mo plans at Freedom for example.
Please correct me if I am wrong, but usually only regular iPhones from previous year get any kind of discounts around BF, not top of the line ones.
Sep 23, 2020
73 posts
19 upvotes
Be patient and wait, the deals will only get better.
I had the same thing in mind last week when I was deciding to sign 2yr or not.
If there were blk friday sale, I would miss out, but I signed the iPhone Xs $20/month with 200 bill credit anyways.
Because I am feeling iPhone 11 Pro prices won't drop that quickly.
I am guessing in summer 2021, iPhone 11 Pro for $25/month with $200 bill credit $0 down and any carriers, that is when you should sign.
Personally, I won't sign until it is less than $500 in total cost. Signing 2yr has a cost itself as well.
Especially, you're signing Bell/Telus, you won't benefit from the 5G this early.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6188 posts
5335 upvotes
Calgary
horiah00 wrote: Please correct me if I am wrong, but usually only regular iPhones from previous year get any kind of discounts around BF, not top of the line ones.
The difference is the regular phone being the 11 is still around so it might play out a little different this time. But you are probably right in that we won’t see a blowout of 11 pro’s.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1873 posts
523 upvotes
Toronto
Lvxios wrote: Be patient and wait, the deals will only get better.
I had the same thing in mind last week when I was deciding to sign 2yr or not.
If there were blk friday sale, I would miss out, but I signed the iPhone Xs $20/month with 200 bill credit anyways.
Because I am feeling iPhone 11 Pro prices won't drop that quickly.
I am guessing in summer 2021, iPhone 11 Pro for $25/month with $200 bill credit $0 down and any carriers, that is when you should sign.
Personally, I won't sign until it is less than $500 in total cost. Signing 2yr has a cost itself as well.
Especially, you're signing Bell/Telus, you won't benefit from the 5G this early.
That would be a great price for an 11 Pro... but that's a long ways off.
Jan 6, 2019
11 posts
5 upvotes
horiah00 wrote: And you might further reduce the out-of-pocket money if you can increase the down payment using PCO points you might have available (not sure if this is possible though).
Does anybody know if you can do this?

I’m thinking 200k points will probably be about the same as any Black Friday sales. The 11 pro is $1100 upfront now and I doubt anybody will be offering more than the equivalent of $200 off. Bell has a $65/month 15GB “promo” plan right now, which might not be around for BF as well, so this could be a pretty good deal.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6188 posts
5335 upvotes
Calgary
stingywpgdude wrote: Does anybody know if you can do this?

I’m thinking 200k points will probably be about the same as any Black Friday sales. The 11 pro is $1100 upfront now and I doubt anybody will be offering more than the equivalent of $200 off. Bell has a $65/month 15GB “promo” plan right now, which might not be around for BF as well, so this could be a pretty good deal.
Some TMS stores will do it. Not sure how they do it but I think Embguy on this forum gets it done.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6188 posts
5335 upvotes
Calgary
Can you only get preowned phones from Telus online? If TMS had access to those that would sweeten the deal.