Hot Deals

[The Mobile Shop] 200k points for iPhone 11 Pro at TMS (Bell)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 8:14 pm
[OP]
May 12, 2009
301 posts
611 upvotes
TrainInsane wrote: Will this work with epp plans?
As far as I know you can only get epp through specially authorized dealers like SmartCell or PlaneteMobile or other like them.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1748 posts
1859 upvotes
Quite a hot deal on Bell
Not a deal on TELUS
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5142 posts
1179 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
horiah00 wrote: This is bound to attract a few downvotes because Bell/Telus, but I also hope to get some genuine feedback discussing if this is a good deal or not. So here's my case:

If somebody doesn't care about the iPhone 12 Pro 5G hype and novelty tax it comes with, but still wants a top of the line smartphone, the iPhone 11 Pro is worth looking at. Apple has discontinued the sale of iPhone 11 Pro, which makes it available only through carriers, third party resellers or used via eBay/Kijiji. Getting it through a carrier might make sense because you get the full Apple warranty, the extra warranty afforded by the credit card you pay with, one year of free Apple TV+ subscription, and/or access to AppleCare+.

Nobody says that you have to stick with the horrible plans that you are forced to take in order to get the phone. I am not advocating for this, but if you decide to break the contract, you end up paying the retail price of $1100, the $45 connection fee, but get back 200k PCO points.

And you might further reduce the out-of-pocket money if you can increase the down payment using PCO points you might have available (not sure if this is possible though). Also to be mentioned is the possible temporary hit to your credit score, but as someone with an almost perfect credit score who couldn't get the best rates that were available in the market when I tried to renew my mortgage back in June, I couldn't care less about that number.

Looking back at BF deals from 2019, there were no deals available for the 2018 iPhone, so this might be as good a deal as one can get on last year's best iPhone, or is it?

Edit: paragraphs
What’s the cost?
Plan + tab - GC

Freedom Mobile

[OP]
May 12, 2009
301 posts
611 upvotes
gamer602 wrote: Quite a hot deal on Bell
Not a deal on TELUS
Bell is the first carrier to reduce the retail price on the 11 Pro. As things go in general here in Canada, we can be pretty sure that the other carriers will have the same retail price sooner or later. But you are correct, right now Telus still has the pre-iPhone 12 retail price for the 11 Pro, so this is not a deal on Telus. Title has been updated.
Dec 6, 2008
52 posts
32 upvotes
Terrace
Lvxios wrote: Be patient and wait, the deals will only get better.
I had the same thing in mind last week when I was deciding to sign 2yr or not.
If there were blk friday sale, I would miss out, but I signed the iPhone Xs $20/month with 200 bill credit anyways.
Because I am feeling iPhone 11 Pro prices won't drop that quickly.
I am guessing in summer 2021, iPhone 11 Pro for $25/month with $200 bill credit $0 down and any carriers, that is when you should sign.
Personally, I won't sign until it is less than $500 in total cost. Signing 2yr has a cost itself as well.
Especially, you're signing Bell/Telus, you won't benefit from the 5G this early.
Which provider did you get the XS with $200 bill credit? I see Fido has it for $20 / month but no bill credit. I'm eyeing the XS as well cuz the newer phones are too big and the 12 mini won't be on sale for another year. Fido is just offering me the credit of my device balance which is just under $60 if i upgrade by the 21st. $480 for the XS i think is pretty good considering this was $1300 when first released.
[OP]
May 12, 2009
301 posts
611 upvotes
d1ulove3 wrote: What’s the cost?
Plan + tab - GC
Plans vary by province. Also the focus of this thread is on the phone deal, not on a particular plan, that's why I decided to not look at plans at all.

There is a half-decent (or 1/3 decent if I may say so) $65/15GB promotional plan available in Quebec, or $75/20GB promo plan in Ontario. I guess they are indeed promos for Bell, but they are way too pricey for my taste.
Dec 19, 2006
621 posts
591 upvotes
Vancouver
SammyDavis wrote: The difference is the regular phone being the 11 is still around so it might play out a little different this time. But you are probably right in that we won’t see a blowout of 11 pro’s.
The xr is still around too, but you started seeing discounts on it around holiday season last year.
Jun 3, 2007
495 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
asbraich wrote: There's also 200k on the XR and iPhone 11. But with the XR you can also connect with Koodo/Virgin/Fido and get 200k points.

That's probably the best deal on a perfectly functional phone at a good price, on a decent carrier if you can get a decent plan without a winback offer.
Is there a set time that you need to stay with them to prevent a clawback of the 200K PC points?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6188 posts
5335 upvotes
Calgary
denhammer wrote: Is there a set time that you need to stay with them to prevent a clawback of the 200K PC points?
No clawback
Nov 26, 2017
105 posts
109 upvotes
Not a bad deal.
Was looking for a good deal on the 11 pro max since I was disappointed about the lack of 120hz on the 12th. Ended up grabbing a geek squad certified open box (which I recently learned about) 11 pro max for $1099 at best buy. Practically a brand new phone with unopened accessories and battery health at 100%. Seems to be a recent return as it was first activated on September 14th, 2020. Was opting to buy outright as I am on a 2Gb Public Mobile plan for $24/month and don't need the 10+Gb for $50+ which carriers usually require for their top tier phones. Upgraded from my 4 year old 6s plus and couldn't be much happier.
Rogers Ignite 500u - 35$
Public Mobile 2Gb - 30-6$
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5142 posts
1179 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
horiah00 wrote: Plans vary by province. Also the focus of this thread is on the phone deal, not on a particular plan, that's why I decided to not look at plans at all.

There is a half-decent (or 1/3 decent if I may say so) $65/15GB promotional plan available in Quebec, or $75/20GB promo plan in Ontario. I guess they are indeed promos for Bell, but they are way too pricey for my taste.
If it's just for iphone 11, Freedom promo for iphone 11 is better.

Freedom Mobile

[OP]
May 12, 2009
301 posts
611 upvotes
TruAdmiralAckbar wrote: Not a bad deal.
Was looking for a good deal on the 11 pro max since I was disappointed about the lack of 120hz on the 12th. Ended up grabbing a geek squad certified open box (which I recently learned about) 11 pro max for $1099 at best buy. Practically a brand new phone with unopened accessories and battery health at 100%. Seems to be a recent return as it was first activated on September 14th, 2020. Was opting to buy outright as I am on a 2Gb Public Mobile plan for $24/month and don't need the 10+Gb for $50+ which carriers usually require for their top tier phones. Upgraded from my 4 year old 6s plus and couldn't be much happier.
Same here. Looking to upgrade my daughter's 6s Plus she's had for the last four years.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2241 posts
773 upvotes
Do you still get the 200k for an outright purchase? What’s the outright cost?
[OP]
May 12, 2009
301 posts
611 upvotes
drunkgoat wrote: Do you still get the 200k for an outright purchase? What’s the outright cost?
This is a good question. Retail price on Bell website is $1100. But if you're to take the info on the TMS website at face value, it says "on a new 2-year plan".
Sep 23, 2020
73 posts
19 upvotes
Cheapskate88 wrote: Which provider did you get the XS with $200 bill credit? I see Fido has it for $20 / month but no bill credit. I'm eyeing the XS as well cuz the newer phones are too big and the 12 mini won't be on sale for another year. Fido is just offering me the credit of my device balance which is just under $60 if i upgrade by the 21st. $480 for the XS i think is pretty good considering this was $1300 when first released.
fido-bc-ab-fido-winback-45-25gb-w-addit ... v-2402300/