Black Friday & Cyber Monday Discussion 2017

[The Mobile Shop] Black Friday Round-Up 2017 All Carriers - all provinces except QC

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2018 8:13 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: Which phone will you grab (up to 3)?

• Total votes: 224. You have voted on this poll.
Galaxy S7

23%
Galaxy A5

7%
LG G6

24%
LG Q6

2%
iPhone 6

13%
iPhone SE

8%
Something else (post comment on the thread)

23%
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
12444 posts
9215 upvotes
Leask
Sgt_Strider wrote: So I have no way to dispute this? If I do it your way, then I pay for three months of service. Why should I do that?
Depends on the deal. I get all my phones at TMS and I don't want to give them any clawbacks. Minimum plan, then switch to seasonal hold is not a big expense, especially if you're cashing in on referrals and gift cards.

No way to dispute sales tax after the fact, as billing sales tax as per billing address is not against any rules.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home. Hackers keep changing my location to Leask on weekends.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
19511 posts
585 upvotes
Shanghai, China
titaniumtux wrote: Depends on the deal. I get all my phones at TMS and I don't want to give them any clawbacks. Minimum plan, then switch to seasonal hold is not a big expense, especially if you're cashing in on referrals and gift cards.

No way to dispute sales tax after the fact, as billing sales tax as per billing address is not against any rules.
I thought someone here said tax was applied base on phone number and not billing address?
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
12444 posts
9215 upvotes
Leask
Sgt_Strider wrote: I thought someone here said tax was applied base on phone number and not billing address?
It is, but manual charges are taxed based on billing address, which is something the loyalty agent could have done when you called in to cancel. Safer to port out on a day 2 cancellation once switched to an AB #.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home. Hackers keep changing my location to Leask on weekends.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Sep 15, 2006
8 posts
I'm late to the party...re: TMS current deals - already have an account with koodo - looking at the G6, do you get bonus points as a hardware upgrade? Or is it new activations only? I looked at the T&C on the site and can't find anything that refers to the pc points.
thanks.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
12444 posts
9215 upvotes
Leask
pboim wrote: I'm late to the party...re: TMS current deals - already have an account with koodo - looking at the G6, do you get bonus points as a hardware upgrade? Or is it new activations only? I looked at the T&C on the site and can't find anything that refers to the pc points.
thanks.
PC points at TMS is generally new activations only (with the exception of Virgin Mobile, Fido and PC Mobile). Virgin offers base points for new activations and upgrades (but bonus 50 or 100k pts for new activations only), Fido has tiered points (usually half the points on upgrades, varies per phone), PC Mobile has tiered points for NAC's vs. HUP's, and Koodo rarely or almost never offers PC points on upgrades (HUP's).

Examples of PC points on Koodo upgrades: Black Friday 2017 iPhone 6 250k pts NAC's & HUP's, June 2017 scatch and win doubled on HUP's (but no base points), and I think there was a bonus 100k pts on HUP's (but no base points), and I think LG G4 and LG G3 historically had pts on HUP's.

LG G6 pts on HUP's is possible, but if you're interested in that device, I wouldn't count on it. Now if you're OK to lose your existing plan, then switch to Fido or Virgin BYOD until the LG G6 liquidation starts, then port back to Koodo :D

Expect massive deals on LG G6 in March or June. This gives you time to switch to Fido or Virgin BYOD or take a phone (Virgin silver, Fido tab small), hopefully you get enough PC points to off-set your buy-out). Only catch is once you port out of Koodo/TELUS, stay out for 90 days before you port back in (else the system will be fooled into thinking the number is still with Koodo, and won't allow porting in).
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1763 posts
897 upvotes
Has anyone gotten their referral credits from Black Friday at all yet? Week 7 and still nothing. I know it can take up to 8 weeks, but just curious if anyone else has received their credits yet.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)