Hot Deals

[The Mobile Shop] FIDO GALAXY S10 | 288k PC Points + 188 Bill Credit

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2021 12:35 pm
[OP]
Member
Nov 26, 2016
259 posts
430 upvotes

FIDO GALAXY S10 | 288k PC Points + 188 Bill Credit

Expiry:
February 7, 2021
Retailer:
The Mobile Shop
Samsung Galaxy S10 is $0 upfront + $25/mo Financing.

You can get the $45/6GB Chinese New Year Promo plan

+ 288,000 PC Points & BONUS $188 in Bill Credits!

Trade-in for another 50k PC Points!

*Hot Deal!
Last edited by mysttz on Feb 6th, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
1693 posts
917 upvotes
How do you know about the $188 bill credit?
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1930 posts
1376 upvotes
condo
$70/mon for the plan and phone is a warm deal at best.

You can buy the S10 plus for $500+tax which works out to be less than the $25 monthly financing fee.

The only warm part about this deal is the 188K points and possibly $188 bill credit? I'm assuming this offer is on the Fido network, since you're calling it financing program?

If you receive both points and bill credits, then it works out to be about $14-15/month of savings over a 2 year term/agreement. So that means a net cost of $55/month for the phone and plan... or $45/month for the plan and $10/month for the phone.

I'd say Zoomer on a new wireless activation and referral bonus is just as good, if not better... just no S10 and a A71 instead.

For $45/month you'll have 7GB on Zoomer... get the A71 and sell it for $350-400, plus the $150-200 new activation bill credit and referral bonus. Then take the $500-550 and buy any phone you want... like an openbox S10+, S20 FE, One Plus, Pixel...
Last edited by tmonies on Feb 6th, 2021 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jr. Member
Sep 26, 2013
138 posts
220 upvotes
so I try to do the math. 600$ + maybe 100 ish tax (I'm in BC and they charge tax on the before discount price) + 35 connection fee (maybe you can ask to waver it?). so you are paying 700+ minus 376 = 330 ish for a 45 dallor 6 gb plan for 2 years. For a 2 years old phone, i wouldn't go for this. Personally you are better off buying a mid-tier Chinese phone like oppo or redmi, better specs, better everything and not lock in for 2 years.
Warm at best for me.
Sr. Member
Aug 12, 2010
778 posts
586 upvotes
Wait, Cost is $204 in Alberta for an S10 (24*25*1.05-50-2*188) and giving up a trade in. Time to chuck the kids iPhone 4s?

Downside have to go 100km for the deal ($40 wear on the car), and the plan is 1 gig less vs zoomer and a free A71
Zoomer $36 Plan Loyal
[OP]
Member
Nov 26, 2016
259 posts
430 upvotes
tmonies wrote: $70/mon for the plan and phone is a warm deal at best.

You can buy the S10 plus for $500+tax which works out to be less than the $25 monthly financing fee.

The only warm part about this deal is the 188K points and possibly $188 bill credit? I'm assuming this offer is on the Fido network, since you're calling it financing program?

If you receive both points and bill credits, then it works out to be about $14-15/month of savings over a 2 year term/agreement. So that means a net cost of $55/month for the phone and plan... or $45/month for the plan and $10/month for the phone.

I'd say Zoomer on a new wireless activation and referral bonus is just as good, if not better... just no S10 and a A71 instead.

For $45/month you'll have 7GB on Zoomer... get the A71 and sell it for $350-400, plus the $150-200 new activation bill credit and referral bonus. Then take the $500-550 and buy any phone you want... like an openbox S10+, S20 FE, One Plus, Pixel...
This isn't a Zoomer thread so please avoid hijacking the thread for a different service. Zoomer is a 3rd rate service piggybacking off the old Rogers 3G network as far as I am aware.

Fido is LTE, soon to be 5G + 5Hrs of Unlimited Data + Data Pause when you reach your monthly limit + Fido has an incredible Loyalty program if you want to get devices in future.
[OP]
Member
Nov 26, 2016
259 posts
430 upvotes
Here's the math,

Plan is besides the point, so the math is for device only.

$25/mo × 24months = $600+tax = $678

+ One time Connection Fee $45+tax = 50.85

Minus the $288 in PC Points
Minus $50 in trade-in PC Points
Minus $188 in Bill credits

Net cost $202.85 for a Brand New S10.

Pretty Hot if you don't need the latest & greatest device but a solid flagship Snapdragon device!
Sr. Member
User avatar
May 8, 2013
682 posts
618 upvotes
London
Thanks , but plan is always to be considered. Personally I like PC points tho
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 5, 2013
5527 posts
1332 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
mysttz wrote: Samsung Galaxy S10 is $0 upfront + $25/mo Financing.

You can get the $45/6GB Chinese New Year Promo plan

+ 288,000 PC Points & BONUS $188 in Bill Credits!

Trade-in for another 50k PC Points!

*Hot Deal!
That's $70 monthly.

Freedom Mobile

Newbie
Nov 16, 2020
17 posts
24 upvotes
mysttz wrote: Here's the math,

Plan is besides the point, so the math is for device only.

$25/mo × 24months = $600+tax = $678

+ One time Connection Fee $45+tax = 50.85

Minus the $288 in PC Points
Minus $50 in trade-in PC Points
Minus $188 in Bill credits

Net cost $202.85 for a Brand New S10.

Pretty Hot if you don't need the latest & greatest device but a solid flagship Snapdragon device!
Not hot at all. You're locking into a 2 year old device for 2 years. When all said and done, its 4 years old when you've finally paid it off.
[OP]
Member
Nov 26, 2016
259 posts
430 upvotes
Mfudger wrote: Not hot at all. You're locking into a 2 year old device for 2 years. When all said and done, its 4 years old when you've finally paid it off.
$200 bucks for a Snapdragon 855 is pretty hot.. those who know, KNOW..
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1930 posts
1376 upvotes
condo
mysttz wrote: Here's the math,

Plan is besides the point, so the math is for device only.

$25/mo × 24months = $600+tax = $678

+ One time Connection Fee $45+tax = 50.85

Minus the $288 in PC Points
Minus $50 in trade-in PC Points
Minus $188 in Bill credits

Net cost $202.85 for a Brand New S10.

Pretty Hot if you don't need the latest & greatest device but a solid flagship Snapdragon device!
$200 + $500 = $700 for a newer and better phone than a S10 that won't even be able to get 5G signal vs a Galaxy S20 FE 5G... but you might be right that Zoomer may not get 5G service, however, the Rogers subsidiary (Zoomer) definitely offers unthrottled LTE speeds and connectivity, which rivals Fido.

Not hijacking but letting folks on RFD know what's an actual hot deal... and there were even hotter deals than Zoomer but those have all expire so I won't compare since we don't have a time machine...
Last edited by tmonies on Feb 7th, 2021 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
Dec 17, 2009
765 posts
625 upvotes
Vancouver
Was in RCSS@Vancouver today.
Fido offers $188 bill credit, not sure does it stack with the $50 referral credit on both parities.
PC mobile offers 200K points on Samaung’’s phone and $50 credit on trade in an old phone that still can turn on. iPhone 11/12 gets 100K points.
[OP]
Member
Nov 26, 2016
259 posts
430 upvotes
tmonies wrote: $200 + $500 = $700 for a newer and better phone than a S10 that won't even be able to get 5G signal vs a Galaxy S20 FE 5G... but you might be right that Zoomer may not get 5G service, however, the Rogers subsidiary (Zoomer) definitely offers unthrottled LTE speeds and connectivity, which rivals Fido.

Not hijacking but letting folks on RFD know what's an actual hot deal... and there were even hotter deals than Zoomer but those have all expire so I won't compare since we don't have a time machine...
$200 for a S10 is a lot hotter than $700 for a S20FE with lots of touchscreen issues.. S20FE isn't worth the extra $500.. period.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 9, 2012
3790 posts
475 upvotes
Toronto
mysttz wrote: $200 for a S10 is a lot hotter than $700 for a S20FE with lots of touchscreen issues.. S20FE isn't worth the extra $500.. period.
Yes, but what's the cost of the 2yr plan to get the S10?
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1930 posts
1376 upvotes
condo
mysttz wrote: $200 for a S10 is a lot hotter than $700 for a S20FE with lots of touchscreen issues.. S20FE isn't worth the extra $500.. period.
Its not an extra $500 if you sell the free Samsung A71 that comes with the Zoomer 2yr agreement plus $150 activation and referral statement credits (e.g. $350+150 = 500). In addition to the $200 cost of the S10 based on your calc. $700 gets you a lot of phones that are objectively better than the S10, thats all.
[OP]
Member
Nov 26, 2016
259 posts
430 upvotes
That's flawed math based on the assumption you can sell A71 for top dollar.. not taking in to account how many days or weeks you'd have to sit on it.. and then buy HOPEFULLY lucking out and finding a Snapdragon 855+ phone for under $700.. lol Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes

Top