Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Mobile Shop

FREEDOM LG VELVET 5G ABSOLUTE $0 | $55/20GB + 300k PC Points

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2020 10:52 am
Nov 26, 2016
568 posts
1047 upvotes

FREEDOM LG VELVET 5G ABSOLUTE $0 | $55/20GB + 300k PC Points

Retailer:
The Mobile Shop
Let the Black Friday madness begin!

TMS just dropped LG Velvet 5G to Absolute $0 on $55/mo 20GB plan on FREEDOM MOBILE + $300 in PC Optimum Points.

WOWZAA!
22 replies
Sep 16, 2017
278 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
thats why it's called "freedom" .. everything about it is freedom
Nov 26, 2016
568 posts
1047 upvotes
This is the best its going to get for this BF
Sep 26, 2013
597 posts
1192 upvotes
seagull1987 wrote: How is their coverage?
Based on my experience 3 years ago, it's horrible. I live about 3 km away from the US border. Everytime I take my phone to the bedroom facing south, i got a message "welcome to the US". There is also no data coverage when going out of town.
Cancelled it 2 month in.
Maybe their coverage is getting better after all this time?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
You can also get it for $0 on $50 15GB
Dec 30, 2013
234 posts
996 upvotes
Toronto
I'll give them $300 to take my Freedom Mobile phone - effin coverage sucks
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
4713 posts
6304 upvotes
Prince George
RFDQ1016 wrote: You can also get it for $0 on $50 15GB
Same 300k points?

Their website also lists $0 with 300k points from other carriers e.g. Fido, Koodo. How do the plans compare?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
3690 posts
2227 upvotes
azraelluz wrote: Based on my experience 3 years ago, it's horrible. I live about 3 km away from the US border. Everytime I take my phone to the bedroom facing south, i got a message "welcome to the US". There is also no data coverage when going out of town.
Cancelled it 2 month in.
Trust me that is with every carrier regarding close to US border. going out of town will trigger away coverage which is actually better since you are using the big 3 coverages.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
3690 posts
2227 upvotes
is the bonus for new activation or also work for renewal?
Dec 8, 2013
783 posts
727 upvotes
British Columbia
zzricezz wrote: is the bonus for new activation or also work for renewal?
Usually the PC Points promos for freedom includes renewal. I did it for the SE
Customer of:
Rogers/Red Wireless and Fizz Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7556 posts
6834 upvotes
azraelluz wrote: Based on my experience 3 years ago, it's horrible. I live about 3 km away from the US border. Everytime I take my phone to the bedroom facing south, i got a message "welcome to the US". There is also no data coverage when going out of town.
Cancelled it 2 month in.
We use Freedom in Toronto, it's not perfect but neither was Rogers. Nationwide coverage with Freedom is good for when you leave their zones, arguably better than in their zone lol.

We used to get "Welcome to the US" with Rogers when near the border (ie Niagara) as well, so it's not just a Freedom problem.
Last edited by hvc on Nov 17th, 2020 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 26, 2013
597 posts
1192 upvotes
zzricezz wrote: Trust me that is with every carrier regarding close to US border. going out of town will trigger away coverage which is actually better since you are using the big 3 coverages.
I switched to fido afterwards and this problem went away. I don't know what is it.
Jul 15, 2010
567 posts
1125 upvotes
Vancouver
When does it start?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2018
5768 posts
3264 upvotes
Cancelled it 2 month in.
Visit the Niagara Falls Freedom Store and say them you are a frequent traveller to US and you work there as well...they have a special plan specific to there store for people who travel ...plan name is "Promo Everywhere 50" this is a $50 plan its a 8gb plan+ any bonus data you get (they recently added free 10gb on top for everyone) Unlimited US & Canada Calling... plus around 1500mins every month if u make calls from US plus 1GB data coverage inside US

No other plans can give you US free calling, and 1gb roaming in US for this price..there is customization for everything you need...don't call them and enquire go physically to there store, carry some proof in hand like passport or some paper work to show them that you travel and u need this plan

All Freedom stores in Canada which are close to US border has this plan... another store I know is the Kingston one close to the border
Nov 26, 2016
568 posts
1047 upvotes
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: Same 300k points?

Their website also lists $0 with 300k points from other carriers e.g. Fido, Koodo. How do the plans compare?
Yes, same 300k PCP but the plans start at $60/4GB with the LG Velvet financing included for Fido/Virgin/Koodo.
Nov 26, 2016
568 posts
1047 upvotes
Surprised not many takers for this deal. It is a solid mid-range phone and the $300 just makes it even better.
Oct 25, 2019
492 posts
212 upvotes
mysttz wrote: This is the best its going to get for this BF
No. Freedom also has samsung fe for $0 on same plan
Mar 24, 2011
85 posts
74 upvotes
But isn't the Samsung Fe a slightly better phone? Seems like a no brainer at least on paper that the FE would be the better choice. Although I may be wrong
Nov 26, 2016
568 posts
1047 upvotes
soulglobaby wrote: But isn't the Samsung Fe a slightly better phone? Seems like a no brainer at least on paper that the FE would be the better choice. Although I may be wrong
Definitely the Samsung S20 FE is a better phone but not everyone necessarily needs a high performance device when they can get a great mid-range device that performs just as great for everyday use but also comes with $300 which is good to have for holiday season especially given the tough times we are in currently.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)