Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Mobile Shop

(Freedom Mobile) iPhone 11 64gb @ $46 a month lowest ever no code needed

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2021 5:24 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
9651 posts
9180 upvotes
OongaLoonga wrote: How is Freedom in Edmonton, AB?
Good. I never had problem with Freedom/Shaw in the west. They are not a national player so expect roaming issues/hand offs at the fringes of coverage.

I would say they are on par with Rogers in the west. But the king is still Telus here.
Sep 6, 2009
384 posts
335 upvotes
Xtrema wrote: I'm not sure who you are quoting out of the blue in this thread but one recommendation is enable VoLTE if you have an iPhone or VoLTE capable device.

Freedom's voice network is horrible in Toronto (at least 3 years ago). Keep voice traffic on LTE is a bit of improvement. But outside of TO core, it's totally fine.

Also, show me a plan as hot as this deal from the Big 3. You ain't getting a discount for nothing. And when Rogers finishes the takeover, you probably will never see competition like this ever again.
The guy deleted all the comments (not sure why)
He asked if anyone else had a problem of a call going directly to VM which is something that happens to me frequently in Toronto
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
9651 posts
9180 upvotes
beatusk wrote: The guy deleted all the comments (not sure why)
He asked if anyone else had a problem of a call going directly to VM which is something that happens to me frequently in Toronto
Anyway, VoLTE and Wifi Calling is a life changer if you are on Freedom.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6075 posts
1861 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Xtrema wrote: I'm not sure who you are quoting out of the blue in this thread but one recommendation is enable VoLTE if you have an iPhone or VoLTE capable device.

Freedom's voice network is horrible in Toronto (at least 3 years ago). Keep voice traffic on LTE is a bit of improvement. But outside of TO core, it's totally fine.

Also, show me a plan as hot as this deal from the Big 3. You ain't getting a discount for nothing. And when Rogers finishes the takeover, you probably will never see competition like this ever again.
Enjoy and take the advantages of Freedom while Rogers is not taking over.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Nov 24, 2019
182 posts
320 upvotes
Vancouver
Wondering if it would be wise to wait for iPhone 13 to come out? Would that drop prices on the iPhone 11/12?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2005
1105 posts
551 upvotes
Toronto, ON
beatusk wrote: The guy deleted all the comments (not sure why)
This is my fear as well. I'm a bit north in Richmond Hill area. But I don't want my client calls to be going to VM. I'm on the fence as to if I should go and get the Feedom offer or stick with Telus.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
9651 posts
9180 upvotes
SashayAway wrote: Wondering if it would be wise to wait for iPhone 13 to come out? Would that drop prices on the iPhone 11/12?
Hard to be sure but none of Apple's phone is worth MSRP at this point since reveal of 13 is in 2 weeks.

If they are not impacted by chip shortage, then one would assume everything will be bumped down to a lower price point. ie 12 will take price points of 11 and 11 will take price point of Xr and Xr get retired.

Now tougher question to answer is will Apple be able to hold these price points at all given TSMC just raise 20% on them and the rest of chips industry is following suit. So electronics may be 20-30% more expensive in the coming year. Samsung already trying to cut corners to keep S22 price low.

So my recommendation thru out this pandemic is that the cheapest thing you will ever own will be what you can get your hands on NOW.
Last edited by Xtrema on Aug 31st, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6075 posts
1861 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
iverson wrote: This is my fear as well. I'm a bit north in Richmond Hill area. But I don't want my client calls to be going to VM. I'm on the fence as to if I should go and get the Feedom offer or stick with Telus.
If your lines is for business purpose stay with telus, I don't want to give you an headache and comeback here down voting and commenting that your having an issue. Please do me a favor Person With Folded Hands
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
9651 posts
9180 upvotes
iverson wrote: This is my fear as well. I'm a bit north in Richmond Hill area. But I don't want my client calls to be going to VM. I'm on the fence as to if I should go and get the Feedom offer or stick with Telus.
If money is on the line stick with Telus/Bell. There is no point losing businesses over $40/mth.
Dec 2, 2019
300 posts
731 upvotes
While all these phones have good prices (when considering the gift cards), I will probably wait for a $35/4GB plan to go with them (like last year BF deals, which was $45-$10 and additional $5 in case of additional lines). I am not in a hurry though, so will probably wait it out till Black Friday deals.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2005
1105 posts
551 upvotes
Toronto, ON
d1ulove3 wrote: If your lines is for business purpose stay with telus, I don't want to give you an headache and comeback here down voting and commenting that your having an issue. Please do me a favor Person With Folded Hands
Retention quoted me $75+ tax/ month for 12gb data and iPhone 12 128gb. I think I may stick with Telus for it. Maybe not be worth the $20/month difference to go with Freedom considering I use PC points to reduce my Tab with Fredom.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6075 posts
1861 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
iverson wrote: Retention quoted me $75+ tax/ month for 12gb data and iPhone 12 128gb. I think I may stick with Telus for it. Maybe not be worth the $20/month difference to go with Freedom considering I use PC points to reduce my Tab with Fredom.
Go for it!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)