Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Mobile Shop Boxing Day

Iphone 12/12 Mini Boxing Week Sale

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2022 2:01 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 17, 2016
74 posts
164 upvotes

[Boxing Day] Iphone 12/12 Mini Boxing Week Sale

Deal Link:
Retailer:
The Mobile Shop
For anyone who missed the device sale on black Friday, the mobile shop is doing bonus points and trade in again.
I passed by TMS at 825 Don Mills Road today & the manager Khalees S told me the boxing week sale starting tonight. Most carriers will do 300K bonus points + 50 bucks for old device trade-in. The monthly payment for 64gb iPhone 12 is like 25/month except for Freedom( Freedom is doing 250K bonus points, but only 15/month).
This make the device cost like this:
All carries except Freedom: 25 x 24 x 1.13 - 300 - 50 = 328 Total it's around 78 down and 10 per month in 24 months

Freedom: 15 x 24 x 1.13 - 250 - 50 = 106.8 total. It's around 40 down and 2.5 per month in 24 months. The drawback is you need to go with their "Big gig" plan(75 per month account to the sale). that's very hmmmm

Iphone 12 Mini is only with Fido and Rogers now. Their deals are similar to black Friday. You will get 250K bonus points and 50 trade-in credit for anything can turn on

Iphone 12 Mini(64gb): 15 x 24 x 1.13 - 250 - 50 = 106.8 total. It's around 46 down and 2.5 per month in 24 months
Iphone 12 Mini(128gb): 18 x 24 x 1.13 - 250 - 50 = 188.16 total. It's around 56 down and 5.5 per month in 24 months

Since Fido can give 10 bucks off for 15 months when you do a device upgrade, I think it has the best value from the price point.

You will get 50 accessories credit for Iphone 12/mini as well.
Update:
Iphone 12 mini Bonus points has been increased from 250k to 400k. This is even hotter than black Friday. Iphone 12 Bonus points is 350K instead of 300K for Bell and virgin.
Last edited by WilliamZ108489 on Dec 31st, 2021 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
253 replies
Newbie
Apr 23, 2007
82 posts
22 upvotes
That's great offers are coming back.

What plans can this be combined with? If you can't get the $35 Virgin plan with it, then factor the difference in as an additional cost on getting a device with it.

The Telus store (Richmond, BC) was advertising $40/month on Koodo for 12gb, but if you are already a telus home subscriber then you get $10 additional savings on your home bill with having koodo or telus mobile.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 4, 2005
8120 posts
2073 upvotes
Ottawa
Not bad but not as good as BF. I guess at one point BD deals were the best now it’s just ?

BF deal was $300+$100(trade in) + $20/mth financing.
Sr. Member
Oct 12, 2007
999 posts
609 upvotes
Vancouver
jeeva86 wrote: Not bad but not as good as BF. I guess at one point BD deals were the best now it’s just ?

BF deal was $300+$100(trade in) + $20/mth financing.
I thought BF deal for The Mobile Shop was $200 + $100 trade in with $15/mo or half off OR $17.92 for 128gb.

It seems to me that the boxing day deal is better, though there is the $120 Fido accessories that may be still happening.
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 17, 2016
74 posts
164 upvotes
jeeva86 wrote: Not bad but not as good as BF. I guess at one point BD deals were the best now it’s just ?

BF deal was $300+$100(trade in) + $20/mth financing.
yup I agreed. BF deal is hotter than BD now. As I talked with the manager, the good thing is they have enough stock this time & most of the colors are available. The BF deal was super hot but stocking was an issue. I was lucky to get a phone when it just shipped to the store.
Member
Dec 19, 2016
222 posts
934 upvotes
calgary
Rogers EPP:

iphone 12 mini 64gb $4.09/month (24 months)
return after 24 months or keep it after 24 months but need to pay $237

plan: $55/month 30GB

$55 + $4.09 = $59.09 + tax
Member
May 2, 2013
282 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
So if i were to cancel right after sign up, the iPhone 12 Mini would cost the $800 device balance minus $250 in PC Points and $50 trade in?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 4, 2005
8120 posts
2073 upvotes
Ottawa
Whoaness wrote: I thought BF deal for The Mobile Shop was $200 + $100 trade in with $15/mo or half off OR $17.92 for 128gb.

It seems to me that the boxing day deal is better, though there is the $120 Fido accessories that may be still happening.
At bb it was $300 + $100 + $20 financing on BF. It was $200 days before BF. Factoring in the $100 for financing made it $300 + $15.83.
Member
User avatar
Dec 15, 2015
479 posts
463 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
B.F. officially killed B.D.
"With great discounts comes great battle for self restraint"
Member
Feb 28, 2009
383 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
OP, based on your conversation with the manager, is it safe to assume the points won’t be higher on Boxing Day?

Also, the price on Freedom’s iPhone 12 is different from Freedom’s website. They have iPhone 12 for $20 per month (regular, not with TradeUp), but on a $40 plan. While the price of the phone is higher than what is advertised at TMS, the all in price when factoring points is still enticing if you are okay with Freedom’s network.
PM me for quicker response, thanks
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 13, 2016
1048 posts
667 upvotes
GTA
silversnake71 wrote: OP, based on your conversation with the manager, is it safe to assume the points won’t be higher on Boxing Day?

Also, the price on Freedom’s iPhone 12 is different from Freedom’s website. They have iPhone 12 for $20 per month (regular, not with TradeUp), but on a $40 plan. While the price of the phone is higher than what is advertised at TMS, the all in price when factoring points is still enticing if you are okay with Freedom’s network.
I'm ok with freedom, so I'm upgrading again and again... @ $42.5 plan + $15 iphone 12 - $10 discount loyalty - $5 auto pay -$5 plan rate discount.
DakilangMangingibig
Newbie
User avatar
Jul 18, 2019
3 posts
What's the lowest plan cost and data given that someone can go with if they're with any select carrier except Freedom?
Sr. Member
Sep 23, 2018
592 posts
520 upvotes
Its not cheaper than BF. We got iphone 12 with $20 tab with $400 PC points.

After taking 360 in points, tab was reduced to $5 a month and still got $40 PC points. Plan was $40 per month.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
6890 posts
1130 upvotes
Ottawa
smgksa wrote: I'm ok with freedom, so I'm upgrading again and again... @ $42.5 plan + $15 iphone 12 - $10 discount loyalty - $5 auto pay -$5 plan rate discount.
Did you get this already? When is iPhone 12 $15 on your $42.5 plan, website is showing $20
Last edited by rivet on Dec 24th, 2021 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Jun 22, 2018
303 posts
256 upvotes
So I've been looking for 12 mini.

Costco and TMS offer $250 worth of points / credit with device at monthly cost of $15/$18 for the 64/128 GB models.

However the plans start at $50 for 12 gigs with Fido.

Fido directly offers the same device cost with plans starting $41.25 for 4 GB. However there is no 250 credit, only a $50 credit (YMMV).

I checked with Costco and TMS, they won't be able to offer the lower plans. Now my question is, would one be able to change to plan to a lower value later on if we were to take $50 from TMS for now?
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1395 posts
732 upvotes
Toronto
bhuvan wrote: So I've been looking for 12 mini.

Costco and TMS offer $250 worth of points / credit with device at monthly cost of $15/$18 for the 64/128 GB models.

However the plans start at $50 for 12 gigs with Fido.

Fido directly offers the same device cost with plans starting $41.25 for 4 GB. However there is no 250 credit, only a $50 credit (YMMV).

I checked with Costco and TMS, they won't be able to offer the lower plans. Now my question is, would one be able to change to plan to a lower value later on if we were to take $50 from TMS for now?
I think once you change plans you lose discounts so if the new plan is cheaper vs the old one with discounts, doubt there will be an issue
JS
Member
Aug 13, 2017
253 posts
269 upvotes
confirmed with the store.. The $10 credit for 15 month only applies to plans at $55 rate not $50 that it was on BF.

Does someone have any other info?

Top