The Mobile Shop Boxing Day

Iphone 12/12 Mini Boxing Week Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2022 2:01 pm
Aug 28, 2016
90 posts
18 upvotes
asterisk* wrote:
Did you have to pay taxes which amount to $56.80?

I just came back and that was my bill. I tried to get more off but he said he applied the maximum PC points possible to reduce the tab. I went with Virgin since it’s 350k points compared to the others at 300k. iPhone 12 128g.

My tab is $8.95 a month. I didn’t do the math but I know it should be higher than Fido and I guess Virgin tried to offset it with the extra 50k points. I think at BB it’s all standardized so it gets confusing. I’m happy since I would rather use the PC points to reduce the tab rather than be stuck with a Walmart or BB giftcard.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
3448 posts
869 upvotes
FYI not all old phones work. Some IMEIs do not register on their system and can't be traded in. I tried some GSM/Edge candy bar dumb phones and they did not come up as phones in their system so could not be traded. Even a Samsung S3 didn't work. So YMMV as to your old phones.
Jul 12, 2018
19 posts
7 upvotes
I am not sure how offer varies differently, but this is what I have today

Iphone 12: 128G Virgin Mobile plan 55 with 10 off first 15 month (15G data), 1000 minutes international minutes (us excluded) 0 down and 22.93 per tab of the phone. Trade in 50K and PC bonus 350K
-- 45*15+55*9 +22.93*24-50-300
Iphone 12 mini: 128G Virgin Mobile plan 55 with 10 off first 15 month (15G data), 1000 minutes international minutes (us excluded) 0 down and 15 per tab of the phone. Trade in 50K and PC bonus 400k
-- 45*15+55*9 +15*24-50-400
Images
  • WX20211227-202935.png
  • WX20211227-202846.png
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2216 posts
1773 upvotes
Surrey
Dang, bummer you can't get the plan discounted on the 12gb plan. Just called a local virgin plus store and they have the $35/12gb plan for BYOD (for first year) and second line is $30 for the same. Might just go with that. But if you want a subsidized phone the plan jumps to $50
Oct 20, 2010
775 posts
1062 upvotes
Toronto
yopman wrote: I just came back and that was my bill. I tried to get more off but he said he applied the maximum PC points possible to reduce the tab. I went with Virgin since it’s 350k points compared to the others at 300k. iPhone 12 128g.

My tab is $8.95 a month. I didn’t do the math but I know it should be higher than Fido and I guess Virgin tried to offset it with the extra 50k points. I think at BB it’s all standardized so it gets confusing. I’m happy since I would rather use the PC points to reduce the tab rather than be stuck with a Walmart or BB giftcard.
My thinking exactly.

The (future) bill according to the documentation would be $55 plus taxes plus device tab $8.95 minus $10 a month for 15 months and $5 a month for 10 months referral. It should be under $60--depending when taxes are charged (pre or post credits).

However, I do plan on switching plans after month 15--we are allowed to change plans right? Can anyone advise on this?
Oct 20, 2010
775 posts
1062 upvotes
Toronto
goob3r wrote: FYI not all old phones work. Some IMEIs do not register on their system and can't be traded in. I tried some GSM/Edge candy bar dumb phones and they did not come up as phones in their system so could not be traded. Even a Samsung S3 didn't work. So YMMV as to your old phones.
There is a workaround for this. I had the same issue. I was trading in a first generation google nexus phone. I was told that the phone has to register a value of greater than $0. The phone came up as $0. However, I asked him if there was a workaround (there always is). The just need to do a second invoice to do the manual credit for the trade-in of 50K points. Hope this helps someone.

The key is that the phone being traded-in has to power on. I had another phone I wanted to trade-in but it wouldn't power on so that was a no go at TMS. I remember that Wow Mobile trade-ins don't matter if it powers on--as long as they can access the IMEI.
Jul 12, 2018
19 posts
7 upvotes
the Rep 100% confirmed on this. You can downgrade your plan no less than $50 plan. So if you are on a 55 then do 50 after 15 months.
Jul 12, 2018
19 posts
7 upvotes
I am sure it depends on the Rep. I had one flip phone and 100% not able to be turned on and I have received 50K trade-in value together with the bonus points.
Jul 28, 2009
166 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto
DEAL IS hotter now for VIRGIN MOBILE IPHONE 12, 128GB 350K PC points (used to be 300K) with trade in of 50K PC points = 400K PC points now you can apply, versus the original 350K. I'm so mad!!! I can't believe waiting 1 day made this deal even better. On Black Friday, if you did not get the deal a day ahead, all stock was gone basically -_- I can't time anything properly it seems.
Sep 2, 2018
57 posts
61 upvotes
BoN23738 wrote: I am sure it depends on the Rep. I had one flip phone and 100% not able to be turned on and I have received 50K trade-in value together with the bonus points.
Okay im going to complain.... They wouldn't let me trade-in for HUP.
Oct 13, 2017
98 posts
11 upvotes
Been eyeing this thread as I haven't gone for any of these deals myself but are the deals from Best Buy, Walmart, wireless wave etc all basically the same as this one from the mobile shop? Obviously depending which iPhone and the plan etc
Oct 20, 2010
775 posts
1062 upvotes
Toronto
xchococatx wrote: DEAL IS hotter now for VIRGIN MOBILE IPHONE 12, 128GB 350K PC points (used to be 300K) with trade in of 50K PC points = 400K PC points now you can apply, versus the original 350K. I'm so mad!!! I can't believe waiting 1 day made this deal even better. On Black Friday, if you did not get the deal a day ahead, all stock was gone basically -_- I can't time anything properly it seems.
No need to feel bad. I don't have a physical phone in hand. I was told that it "may" arrive "the first week of January"---I mean who knows given the messed up state of the global supply chain. I mean, I don't mind. I know that it will arrive. It also gives me time to order my case and screen protector--and sell my pristine iphone XR at 98% battery life--hint hint--anyone?? LOL
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
1104 posts
308 upvotes
xchococatx wrote: DEAL IS hotter now for VIRGIN MOBILE IPHONE 12, 128GB 350K PC points (used to be 300K) with trade in of 50K PC points = 400K PC points now you can apply, versus the original 350K. I'm so mad!!! I can't believe waiting 1 day made this deal even better. On Black Friday, if you did not get the deal a day ahead, all stock was gone basically -_- I can't time anything properly it seems.
TMS will give you the extra 50K points if you ask - they did this for me during Black Friday when a better offer came along. YMMV depending on the rep
Jul 28, 2009
166 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto
golfer29 wrote: TMS will give you the extra 50K points if you ask - they did this for me during Black Friday when a better offer came along. YMMV depending on the rep
Would they? Its 350K with Virgin, I would have gone with them.... I signed up with Fido because it was the only one that was 300K at the time I had gone.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
1104 posts
308 upvotes
xchococatx wrote: Would they? Its 350K with Virgin, I would have gone with them.... I signed up with Fido because it was the only one that was 300K at the time I had gone.
For me it was the same carrier (Fido) so it was easy. You're probably out of luck since you'd have to switch carriers
Apr 17, 2021
25 posts
1 upvote
golfer29 wrote: For me it was the same carrier (Fido) so it was easy. You're probably out of luck since you'd have to switch carriers

I’m confused, you went back and asked for 50k more points? I went today and only got offered 250k so i’m wondering if going tmr and asking for another 50k will work with FIDO.
Feb 10, 2021
104 posts
69 upvotes
SumeraIdrees73 wrote: Just got back from TMS in Brampton.

Got the iPhone 12 Mini 128gb on Fido

Plan offered was $55/mo for 15GB.
Discount of $10/mo for 15mo on plan = $45/mo then $55/mo thereafter
Earned 400,000 PC points + 50,000 PC points for trading in an old dead Samsung S6 ($450 total)
Monthly tab was $15/mo
Was able to put max 240,000 PC points towards tab bringing monthly to $5/mo
Remaining 210,000 PC points left on Optimum card for me to use at my discretion, rep suggested accessories but was not mandatory

$210 in PC points - $120 tab remaining = TMS paid me $90 at the end of the day
Thanks OP and others for their info!
At my TMS location, the guy said he put 240k points towards the tab, but he said I had to pay tax on it, so he had to use 271k points. Not sure whats going on
Aug 28, 2016
90 posts
18 upvotes
Again, I wasn’t able to apply all 400k points for some reason. Guess it’s YMMV. Only 350k could get applied. Same with asterisk* where my bill was approx $50 but he couldn’t apply by $50 phone trade in towards it so I paid $50 out of pocket but got 50k points on my account. Maybe you can get an adjustment like others said. I saw that Virgin also had $350 giftcard at Walmart while the others only had $300 then the next day all the other carriers matched, so looks like they all trying to slightly edge eachother out. My phone is supposed to come in end of December, so delayed like asterisk*
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
3448 posts
869 upvotes
asterisk* wrote: There is a workaround for this. I had the same issue. I was trading in a first generation google nexus phone. I was told that the phone has to register a value of greater than $0. The phone came up as $0. However, I asked him if there was a workaround (there always is). The just need to do a second invoice to do the manual credit for the trade-in of 50K points. Hope this helps someone.

The key is that the phone being traded-in has to power on. I had another phone I wanted to trade-in but it wouldn't power on so that was a no go at TMS. I remember that Wow Mobile trade-ins don't matter if it powers on--as long as they can access the IMEI.
At the one I went to, the guy said it did not have to work, it just had to come up as a phone in their database. The dumb phones I gave them, he showed me on the screen that some did not come up. The S3 IMEI appeared as a smart watch in his database so he said he couldn't take it.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2019
1050 posts
353 upvotes
asterisk* wrote: There is a workaround for this. I had the same issue. I was trading in a first generation google nexus phone. I was told that the phone has to register a value of greater than $0. The phone came up as $0. However, I asked him if there was a workaround (there always is). The just need to do a second invoice to do the manual credit for the trade-in of 50K points. Hope this helps someone.

Thanks for sharing!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)