Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Mobile Shop Boxing Day

Iphone 12/12 Mini Boxing Week Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2022 2:01 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
1168 posts
423 upvotes
bajamukblast wrote: I’m confused, you went back and asked for 50k more points? I went today and only got offered 250k so i’m wondering if going tmr and asking for another 50k will work with FIDO.
Correct. When I bought the phone, the rep said if a better offer comes along, he would give me the extra points. The next day, the offer was 50K better so he gave me an additional 50K
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
1168 posts
423 upvotes
asterisk* wrote: ...
The key is that the phone being traded-in has to power on. I had another phone I wanted to trade-in but it wouldn't power on so that was a no go at TMS. I remember that Wow Mobile trade-ins don't matter if it powers on--as long as they can access the IMEI.
It depends on the rep. My old flip phone didn't power on but they could access the IMEI number shown behind the battery so they accepted it.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
1326 posts
430 upvotes
For those who signed up for Fido through The Mobile Shop, where can we see our discounts/credits? I don't see it on the Fido website or mobile service agreement.
+93___FalconR___________________________🫨
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
Is the iPhone 12 Pro Max 128gb worth 990$? That's the final price of it that I'd have to pay.. Comes to like 41$bux all in taxes per month myTAB (24 months contract) .. Way more costly then just getting a iPhone 12 huh? That would only pay like10 bux Allin per month? This is from freedom mobile
Last edited by mikka2017 on Dec 28th, 2021 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
3681 posts
1738 upvotes
ucool80 wrote: So I signed up with Fido at TMS then I told
My brother in law who went and signed up as well. How do I get this $55 credited after the fact? I do have my referral link that I sent to him.
If you mean for referring your BIL, in a couple months it should appear on your bill in 1-3 months.

If you mean for you to be referred by someone else for you signing up then you’re going to have to register under someone else’s referral. I don’t know how long after you sign up will a referral still be counted, but at this point there is no harm in trying. It will need to be someone different than your BIL though.

I signed up today and followed a referral link right after. So I should expect to see the credit in a couple months.

Program details can be found here: https://www.fido.ca/support/mobility/re ... nd-program
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2013
1311 posts
667 upvotes
Toronto, ON
goob3r wrote: If you mean for referring your BIL, in a couple months it should appear on your bill in 1-3 months.

If you mean for you to be referred by someone else for you signing up then you’re going to have to register under someone else’s referral. I don’t know how long after you sign up will a referral still be counted, but at this point there is no harm in trying. It will need to be someone different than your BIL though.

I signed up today and followed a referral link right after. So I should expect to see the credit in a couple months.

Program details can be found here: https://www.fido.ca/support/mobility/re ... nd-program
If I have 2 lines planning to move to Fido, what’s the best sequence?
Sign up under someone’s else’s referral, and then right after that, port to Fido the second line and then use my own referral to sign up for 2nd line? Like how does that work lol, do I get 2 bill credits? What if someone else uses my 2nd line referral, then I get another bill credit? This is so confusing 🤦🏻‍♂️
Aug 25, 2018
30 posts
39 upvotes
I have the same question, I did the upgrade at WOW mobile and didn't receive a printed copy of the contract, the electronic one does not show any device credits, checked my account online and is not showing the credits either, I got the IPhone 13 mini (Fido), it's supposed to be $22.84 per month but my electronic agreement says $40.84. I called the store and the rep told me that it is normal and the credits will be there on the first bill but I'm afraid if i wait and If the credits are not there after 1 month then I won't be able to fight it or return the device because nowhere in the contracts says that I will get the credits...
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
those on FM: can u confirm if the myTAB balance includes the taxes or no taxes yet on this page on the FM portal

https://myaccount.freedommobile.ca/dashboard/billing

where it says you pay, and freedom pays ...that does NOT include taxes yet? tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Sep 20, 2010
66 posts
101 upvotes
Mississauga
Varian wrote:
There is no clawback. Only have to pay for tab balance + activation bonus + 1 day of usage.

Before (august 2019 to be exact) everything was same…except there was no such thing as activation bonus.
You only had to pay tab balance and got to keep all the gift cards. Now, it’s still possible to cancel the next day…just not as good as it used to be.

But if someone is planning to buy outright from Apple…it makes sense to sign up and cancel the next day.
I still don’t understand the incentive for doing this if you’re buying a phone outright from Apple. Assuming the “activation bonus” is the gift cards, then what does anyone gain by signing up and canceling?
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
awcool wrote: I still don’t understand the incentive for doing this if you’re buying a phone outright from Apple. Assuming the “activation bonus” is the gift cards, then what does anyone gain by signing up and canceling?
cheaper price but u gotta jump thru the hoops and gas/lineups , some peeps don't got the time or worth to them to save a few hundred bucks!
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
3681 posts
1738 upvotes
Varian wrote: If I have 2 lines planning to move to Fido, what’s the best sequence?
Sign up under someone’s else’s referral, and then right after that, port to Fido the second line and then use my own referral to sign up for 2nd line? Like how does that work lol, do I get 2 bill credits? What if someone else uses my 2nd line referral, then I get another bill credit? This is so confusing 🤦🏻‍♂️
It’s one referral per account. If the second line is on the same account as the first then you can’t self refer.

Once your first line is created you can use a referral link to get credit. I can confirm that a referral 2 days after signing up is still accepted by the system, so not too late to get referred for those that signed up recently.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2013
1311 posts
667 upvotes
Toronto, ON
awcool wrote: I still don’t understand the incentive for doing this if you’re buying a phone outright from Apple. Assuming the “activation bonus” is the gift cards, then what does anyone gain by signing up and canceling?
iPhone 12 mini 64GB at Apple: $799+GST=$902.87 in Ontario.
iPhone 12 mini 64GB at Fido:

$898 full price + $50 connection fee + 1 day of usage $1.5 + GST 13% = ~$1073
$1073 - $450 gift card = $622.93

$902.87 - $622.93 = $279.94 is your savings
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
7479 posts
1467 upvotes
Ottawa
mikka2017 wrote: Is the iPhone 12 Pro Max 128gb worth 990$? That's the final price of it that I'd have to pay.. Comes to like 41$bux all in taxes per month myTAB (24 months contract) .. Way more costly then just getting a iPhone 12 huh? That would only pay like10 bux Allin per month? This is from freedom mobile
Maybe get iPhone 12 and sell it and buy a mint or new iPhone 12 Pro Max on kijiji, or just use iPhone 12 until you can upgrade next time, I would go all in for iPhone 13 pro max, but 12 pro max still without 120hz screen and battery life not stellar like 13 pro max
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
rivet wrote: Maybe get iPhone 12 and sell it and buy a mint or new iPhone 12 Pro Max on kijiji, or just use iPhone 12 until you can upgrade next time, I would go all in for iPhone 13 pro max, but 12 pro max still without 120hz screen and battery life not stellar like 13 pro max
well i got the ip12 pro max , i thnk im gonna pick it up instore once the store has stock! i got 14 days for full refund...ya i dont want the 12, i want 13pro max for the 120hz! once u go 120 u can't go back Face With Tears Of Joy

is the 13 pro max worth 200$ more than the 12 pro max? tia , might have to resell the 12 and get the 13
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
7479 posts
1467 upvotes
Ottawa
mikka2017 wrote: well i got the ip12 pro max , i thnk im gonna pick it up instore once the store has stock! i got 14 days for full refund...ya i dont want the 12, i want 13pro max for the 120hz! once u go 120 u can't go back Face With Tears Of Joy

is the 13 pro max worth 200$ more than the 12 pro max? tia , might have to resell the 12 and get the 13
I don’t have them but from reviews, I definitely think it is worth $200 more, but If you resell 12 max to buy 13 max, you may need more than $200 unless you get really good deal on 13. I end up giving my new 12 to my daughter, who definitely does not need such an expensive phone, I bought a 11 pro max second hand and I just like the max line way more than 12, but from the experience, the past couple of years I can never get a good phone deal on the max line from freedom mobile. I will wait 13 pro max come down to price then upgrade my 11 max to 13 max or later model
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2018
5772 posts
3268 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: those on FM: can u confirm if the myTAB balance includes the taxes or no taxes yet on this page on the FM portal

https://myaccount.freedommobile.ca/dashboard/billing

where it says you pay, and freedom pays ...that does NOT include taxes yet? tia
No tax is included, if you decide to pay off tab or get a new device, tax is applied on top :)
Sep 20, 2010
66 posts
101 upvotes
Mississauga
Varian wrote: iPhone 12 mini 64GB at Apple: $799+GST=$902.87 in Ontario.
iPhone 12 mini 64GB at Fido:

$898 full price + $50 connection fee + 1 day of usage $1.5 + GST 13% = ~$1073
$1073 - $450 gift card = $622.93

$902.87 - $622.93 = $279.94 is your savings
That makes sense if you don’t have to return the gift cards, but from @Varian’s comment, I understood that you now have to return the activation bonus which I assumed were the gift cards. So, if not the gift cards, what exactly is the “activation bonus”?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2013
1311 posts
667 upvotes
Toronto, ON
awcool wrote: That makes sense if you don’t have to return the gift cards, but from @Varian’s comment, I understood that you now have to return the activation bonus which I assumed were the gift cards. So, if not the gift cards, what exactly is the “activation bonus”?
$898 full price

$480 is your tab
$418 is remaining…is what’s called activation bonus.
It gets less every month so if you cancel after 1 year, you will pay twice less penalties that someone who does right after signing up.

Activation bonus is always what’s left of full price minus tab balance.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135831 upvotes
888888 upvotes
goob3r wrote: I moved two lines onto Fido today for the iPhone 12 mini and a iPhone 13.

FYI, even if you signed up already in the store, or if you haven't yet, get a referral link for Fido. You'll get 1 month service fees credited back to you. That's another $55 savings right there.
do you know if we can do self referral on the same account?
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)