Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Mobile Shop

The Mobile Shop $50 9 GB Fido/Koodo/Virgin no Contract No set up Fee

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2020 2:31 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1821 posts
1999 upvotes
adaniel wrote: I'm in the market for an upgrade from IPhone SE (first version). So maybe an iPhone 7 or 8, though the wife likes the SE size (smaller), works better for handling the phone with just one hand.
She is with Lucky $25 for 1 GB and we absolutely love the throttled data option when you go over the 1 GB, which works well for messaging.

I'm with Fido $35 for 6 GB, no contract. Got my phone from Koodo before the loophole was closed (didn't plan to, but Fido lured me back, and Koodo didn't try to retain me hard enough).

Got this offer from Lucky / Virgin, but feels like $60 per month for 6 GB to get a new phone isn't the best we can do, esp we only need 1 GB
Should we wait for Black Friday or are BTS deals generally better than BF deals?

TIA
is there a expiration date on the text? 40 for 6gb frankly isn't too bad. I'm on the koodo migration offers which is 35 for 5gb and 40 for 8gb. One of the earlier migration offers were 40 for 6gb from koodo. For context with my koodo plans we got the xr for 210 on the $35 dollar plan and $120 on the $40 dollar plan. Are you able to get a phone on the fido plan? I think they had some decent deals last year for phones with fido as well
Aug 13, 2015
797 posts
1396 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
MastaOogway wrote: is there a expiration date on the text? 40 for 6gb frankly isn't too bad. I'm on the koodo migration offers which is 35 for 5gb and 40 for 8gb. One of the earlier migration offers were 40 for 6gb from koodo. For context with my koodo plans we got the xr for 210 on the $35 dollar plan and $120 on the $40 dollar plan. Are you able to get a phone on the fido plan? I think they had some decent deals last year for phones with fido as well
There doesn't seem to be an expiration on the Lucky to Virgin migration offer, at least not stated in the system as far as I can see.

Yes Fido has some good phone offers, so I think I may do that, add the phone to my line and let my wife use the phone with her existing Lucky plan.

With your Koodo deals, the $210 and $120 are being amortized over 2 years?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1821 posts
1999 upvotes
adaniel wrote: There doesn't seem to be an expiration on the Lucky to Virgin migration offer, at least not stated in the system as far as I can see.

Yes Fido has some good phone offers, so I think I may do that, add the phone to my line and let my wife use the phone with her existing Lucky plan.

With your Koodo deals, the $210 and $120 are being amortized over 2 years?
yes it's a two year commitment but i'm already 9 months in and realistically there isn't any plan i want to switch to at the moment.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1375 posts
1868 upvotes
Grande Prairie, AB
For those who pulled the trigger, how long to get the Optimum points?
Nov 20, 2015
193 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto, ON
seagull1987 wrote: For those who pulled the trigger, how long to get the Optimum points?
Instant
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2008
1368 posts
457 upvotes
Guys need a phone for my son. He has the S8,

worth getting the LG Velvet as an upgrade and this plan ?

thanks
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2004
5302 posts
2996 upvotes
Durham Region
Does Mobileshop charge for SIM Card for BYOD plans?
Jul 24, 2013
172 posts
111 upvotes
Someone tell me if im wrong.

I want the new plan so they are offering 300k pc points with the velvet.. I can get 9gb $50 plan with the velvet with $120 down and $360 on the tab. I put the 300k pc points toward the tab balance so I essentially get a velvet for $120 and then sell the phone for $700?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2018
5769 posts
3265 upvotes
Zarko1 wrote: Someone tell me if im wrong.

I want the new plan so they are offering 300k pc points with the velvet.. I can get 9gb $50 plan with the velvet with $120 down and $360 on the tab. I put the 300k pc points toward the tab balance so I essentially get a velvet for $120 and then sell the phone for $700?
Can u check if there is any activation credit on the phone ... that amount is payable too i think
Oct 26, 2010
475 posts
170 upvotes
Langley
Zarko1 wrote: Someone tell me if im wrong.

Brand new LG velvet outright price is $600 on shaw mobile.
Oct 26, 2010
475 posts
170 upvotes
Langley
I currently have koodo $40-8GB (Migration plan from PM) and called koodo and ask what plan will I get with HUP, rep told me I could get $45-7GB tab plus plan plus apply $125 tab credit with LG velvet 5G
This is response to Shawmobile offer ($0 down $480 phone with $45–25GB plan)
I am still deciding compare to Costco fido offer which is
$50-9gb plan $480 device price ($20x24 months) with $300 costco cash card.
May 6, 2020
306 posts
366 upvotes
h2oever wrote: I currently have koodo $40-8GB (Migration plan from PM) and called koodo and ask what plan will I get with HUP, rep told me I could get $45-7GB tab plus plan plus apply $125 tab credit with LG velvet 5G
This is response to Shawmobile offer ($0 down $480 phone with $45–25GB plan)
I am still deciding compare to Costco fido offer which is
$50-9gb plan $480 device price ($20x24 months) with $300 costco cash card.
I would keep your current plan and buy a unlock phone from market place... I'm on $45/7G BYOD with $10 credit for 15 month.. spent 2 days battle with Koodo loyalty retention... Your plan is gradepa plan...keep it lol
Oct 26, 2010
475 posts
170 upvotes
Langley
RobinW51044 wrote: I would keep your current plan and buy a unlock phone from market place... I'm on $45/7G BYOD with $10 credit for 15 month.. spent 2 days battle with Koodo loyalty retention... Your plan is gradepa plan...keep it lol
Exactly! I am thinking of new activation with brand new number to shaw mobile, they offer LG velvet $0 plan with $600 device price ($25 x 24 months), and swap the sim card to new device.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2018
5769 posts
3265 upvotes
Is there a way to cancel through Virgin or Koodo and just get the discounted phone?
May 14, 2016
43 posts
47 upvotes
I already registered my email through the link from Koodo Refer A Friend. Can my friend and I still get $25 each if I buy the phone and activate through TMS? Thanks
Mar 31, 2008
834 posts
557 upvotes
Edmonton
urylin wrote: I already registered my email through the link from Koodo Refer A Friend. Can my friend and I still get $25 each if I buy the phone and activate through TMS? Thanks
I believe so. You just need to go back to that referral link and enter your new Koodo number (or ported number once completed) and the email you setup originally.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1821 posts
1999 upvotes
urylin wrote: I already registered my email through the link from Koodo Refer A Friend. Can my friend and I still get $25 each if I buy the phone and activate through TMS? Thanks
If i recall correctly all you have to do is make sure you use the same email. The mobile shop doesn't create an online account. You do that yourself, just make sure you use the referral link to finish setting up the account.
May 14, 2016
43 posts
47 upvotes
MastaOogway wrote: If i recall correctly all you have to do is make sure you use the same email. The mobile shop doesn't create an online account. You do that yourself, just make sure you use the referral link to finish setting up the account.
tsgee wrote: I believe so. You just need to go back to that referral link and enter your new Koodo number (or ported number once completed) and the email you setup originally.
Thanks! Will add my number using the second link from the referral.
Dec 24, 2018
932 posts
1171 upvotes
Canada
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: Is there a way to cancel through Virgin or Koodo and just get the discounted phone?
Yes, you can do that! Just pay out the outstanding balance and keep your phone.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2018
5769 posts
3265 upvotes
FlyingSausage wrote: Yes, you can do that! Just pay out the outstanding balance and keep your phone.
do you know how much will be the outstanding balance with both Virgin & Koodo.? Assuming i used the 250K points as upfront Payment