Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
mobilefun

Samsung DeX Station Galaxy S8 & S8+ transform phone to desktop PC $137.99 inc tax

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2017 1:09 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1640 posts
2883 upvotes
Calgary, AB

Samsung DeX Station Galaxy S8 & S8+ transform phone to desktop PC $137.99 inc tax

Deal Link:
Retailer:
mobilefun
Official Samsung DeX Station Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus Display Dock

Pretty cheap compared to the $249.99 price tag at all the big box stores.
Shipping is expensive. However, you might be able to price match - $29.99 for shipping.

Transform your Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus into a fully-featured, fully customised desktop PC with the DeX Station from Samsung. All the functionality and power of a PC, right from your smartphone.

here is a pretty good review:
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
24 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4447 posts
877 upvotes
Edmonton
This would be sweet if it works well. Of course won't be gaming and if it can handle video I would be surprised but technology like this would completely change my mind set.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Dec 16, 2015
226 posts
118 upvotes
BC
this seems pretty awesome actually! Makes me want to jump back into android phones.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2012
1802 posts
369 upvotes
Don't know if I will actually use this, but this was a sick deal. Thanks OP
Last edited by plebeian on Aug 2nd, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12291 posts
6076 upvotes
Its a nice setup.I had another brand cellphone and dock and it worked really nice and now will grab this for the s8 plus even though i have one sitting here the wife wants one for the office.

Shipping is a bit high but still cheaper then elseware
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1640 posts
2883 upvotes
Calgary, AB
plebeian wrote: Don't know if I will actually use this, but this was a sick deal. Thanks OP
You are welcome.
Sep 17, 2016
331 posts
151 upvotes
Does it require a S8 or can it be used with any Android phone?
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1640 posts
2883 upvotes
Calgary, AB
TitusBobby wrote: Does it require a S8 or can it be used with any Android phone?
you need a S8
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7333 posts
1896 upvotes
blazed16 wrote: Its a nice setup.I had another brand cellphone and dock and it worked really nice and now will grab this for the s8 plus even though i have one sitting here the wife wants one for the office.

Shipping is a bit high but still cheaper then elseware
Does it work with other Android phones? I thought it only works with S8
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12291 posts
6076 upvotes
golden wrote: Does it work with other Android phones? I thought it only works with S8
This dock will work s8 and s8 plus.

I had another brand cellphone and doc not this one that i use to use
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Jun 28, 2007
358 posts
122 upvotes
Whoa, that looks great. A few questions : first, would it support 21:9 resolutions? Second, do you think it will support the Note 8 at release (guess at this point but I'm curious what everyone thinks)?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2004
2133 posts
531 upvotes
Mississauga
now where to find a S8 Plus under $900 or a reasonable price without risking blacklisted scammers on Kijiji
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4270 posts
2844 upvotes
Ottawa
I just bought this hoping it'll work with the note 8 when it comes out. Will use with s8 in interim. Looks neat. Thanks op
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3996 posts
2937 upvotes
Calgary
pretty cool gadget! almost cool 'nuff to make me wanna get back into a sammy phone. Naaaaah.....they'll likely muck it up by making it non future proof so everyone has to buy new phones with new docks for that particular model. regardless, this dock is neat Smiling Face With Sunglasses
May 12, 2006
474 posts
380 upvotes
ON
guessguy wrote: now where to find a S8 Plus under $900 or a reasonable price without risking blacklisted scammers on Kijiji
If you're in the Ottawa/NCR area I can get you a 8+ for $900
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
4009 posts
712 upvotes
Canuck485 wrote: If you're in the Ottawa/NCR area I can get you a 8+ for $900
I'm interested, PM me details
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7333 posts
1896 upvotes
Honestly, most people have a PC or laptop or tablet in additional to the phone, so I don't see why people would bother using it.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20191 posts
8259 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
"All the functionality and power of a PC, right from your smartphone."

What kind of dirty lies are these?

I especially like the photo showing Windows 10 on it... in VNC.
Last edited by BinaryJay on Aug 3rd, 2017 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4270 posts
2844 upvotes
Ottawa
Read you can RDP to wherever so it's pretty neat. Basically do everything you need to off your phone.. And keep a virtual desktop for specific apps that need it.

I know if I don't need a extra pc at the office I'd forgo it. I'm going to try to see if it works for almost everything. I'm also going to try it with a wireless multi media keyboard and my tv.. Because it'd be useful as googlecast sucks colors connectivity etc. And apple airplay drops out often with newest apple tv as well. So might be a good way to work or do presentations.
Dec 4, 2005
510 posts
684 upvotes
Mississauga
An alternative to consider: https://www.sentio.com/. Things to know:

1. It's a laptop form factor;
2. works with most android phones;
3. works as extra bettery;
4. there is a choice of screen resolution (HD vs FHD), keyboard (regular vs backlit), color;
5. it was a kickstarter project, was delayed but currently on the latest stages of production with the first 100 units shipped to beta testers. So it is real but hasn't been proven yet.

There are other interesting applications like a second monitor, etc. I am a project backer and am patiently waiting to get mine. :-)