Cell Phones

chatr Merge

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2022 11:48 pm
Apr 24, 2021
5 posts
4 upvotes
craftsman wrote: To whom are you asking?
Good question. Now I don't know. Thought I was replying to a thread specifically but I didn't click on " to reply.
Apr 24, 2021
5 posts
4 upvotes
smehmood wrote: I also send them an email last week. Received the following response today. Please advise how to respond?

Thank you for contacting Chatr Mobile™

Good Afternoon,

When Mobilicity was purchased by Rogers, we were provided with a list of all customers who were considered price for life. Unfortunately, your phone number was not on this list.

Mobilicity only offered "Price for Life" to very few customers. Those customer all had to be on a specific plan and activate at a specific time in 2011. Each of these customers were sent a contract with the words "Price for Life" and the customers phone number and personal account information on it. This is the proof we would need from our customers who were offered Price for Life. Do you have one of these contracts? If so please send it to us for proof and we will do what is needed to fix this.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us by responding to this e-mail or dialing *611 from your Chatr phone or 1-800-485-9745 from a non Chatr device and a representative can answer all your inquiries!
This is just a ploy. They know that majority of the Mobilicity customers don't have such a "contract" and so they are asking for something you don't have so they don't have to honour the lifetime plans.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2013
1311 posts
667 upvotes
Toronto, ON
If there is a copy of original, one could just photoshop the contract. Doubt there’s a way to check it’s authenticity for Chatr
Jul 12, 2011
567 posts
248 upvotes
MARKHAM
Is this $25 6gb 3g data plan still worth it nowadays in 2021?

Lots of plans are getting so much cheaper with LTE data.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2009
1314 posts
289 upvotes
Wut? It might be time to change then. What are the details?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
I'm still holding on to my $25 6gb talk / text. It's not my main phone, so the internet speed doesnt bother me. But it does the job for me.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2009
1428 posts
787 upvotes
Edmonton
I'm still on the $25 unlimited everything but in-zone plan. Seems like they expanded the cities that have in-zone? My data is slow as heck but unlimited is unlimited.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2331 posts
826 upvotes
Recently, I switched from $40 in zone plan (6GB US/CAN unlimited in zone 30 min voice roaming) to $40 nationwide 8GB US/CAN unlimited. The new plan was a special offer on my account since last 2 years, but I was avoiding the switch as 30 min voice roaming came in handy during short day trips to Buffalo. Now with no coverage in the US since July 1st, decided to make the switch. I also noticed that data is considerably faster with the new plan as web pages load much quickly. Not sure if they deliberately slowed data on the Mobilicity plan.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
21844 posts
15620 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
kulb wrote: Recently, I switched from $40 in zone plan (6GB US/CAN unlimited in zone 30 min voice roaming) to $40 nationwide 8GB US/CAN unlimited. The new plan was a special offer on my account since last 2 years, but I was avoiding the switch as 30 min voice roaming came in handy during short day trips to Buffalo. Now with no coverage in the US since July 1st, decided to make the switch. I also noticed that data is considerably faster with the new plan as web pages load much quickly. Not sure if they deliberately slowed data on the Mobilicity plan.
I don't believe there is any question that they slowed the data on the Mobilicity plans as they want to get people off the lower-priced plans to higher-priced ones.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
craftsman wrote: I don't believe there is any question that they slowed the data on the Mobilicity plans as they want to get people off the lower-priced plans to higher-priced ones.
The newer plans have LTE access while the mobi plans don't yet. That could be why. At minimum, the latency would be improved even though the speed is the same.
Jul 22, 2016
105 posts
71 upvotes
Anyone still keeping the $25/6gb plan in 2023? I'm looking for reasons to stay instead of porting out to Freedom for their annual $99/50gb plan.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
Aryagorn wrote: Anyone still keeping the $25/6gb plan in 2023? I'm looking for reasons to stay instead of porting out to Freedom for their annual $99/50gb plan.
I just sold mine for 30$.

Reasons why I didnt stay:
-16.75 more per month compared to freedom
-Low data usage. I have it in a spare phone as a GPS/Spotify. I cannot break 4gb a month.
-Coverage is the same, if not better.
-Since this is a secondary phone for me, I always have a backup on the Big 3 in the event that i am out of coverage.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
9570 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
EPcjay wrote: I just sold mine for 30$.

Reasons why I didnt stay:
-16.75 more per month compared to freedom
-Low data usage. I have it in a spare phone as a GPS/Spotify. I cannot break 4gb a month.
-Coverage is the same, if not better.
-Since this is a secondary phone for me, I always have a backup on the Big 3 in the event that i am out of coverage.
How to port out the original phone number to freedom, and keep the charter plan with another number? Thanks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
can2000 wrote: How to port out the original phone number to freedom, and keep the charter plan with another number? Thanks
It was a secondary phone for me, so the number didn't matter....

You won't be able to split the plan and the number. They go together....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)