Shopping Discussion

Mobilicity customers now on Chatr - RU happy?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2020 4:11 pm
[OP]
Banned
Dec 24, 2019
117 posts
111 upvotes

Mobilicity customers now on Chatr - RU happy?

I was a Mobilicity customer from the first week.
I was very happy with the company and service.
Ever since Rogers bought Mobilicity quality of service has declined.
Wireless data is almost unusable with Chatr.
Voicemails disappear after 5 days.
Mobile hotspot is not supported.
Customer service is absurd - all talk no action.
I stay because I have the $35 F&F plan.

It seems like Chatr is sabotaging service so that we low ARPU customers will leave.

What sort of experience are others having?
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2036 upvotes
Toronto
I have the same plan though they increased it a bit recently from $35.
I hardly use phones, nor mobile data which really sucks though and is unusable.
So that's why I kept it.
Wouldn't be surprised if Rogers bought it out and purposely sabotages it with bad unusable service to sink it.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
2416 posts
360 upvotes
im happy with Chatr, signed up with Mobilicity in 2011 for $25/month unlimited everything. Monthly is now $30 with 5 GBs of data. Only issue I noticed is some times ppl call me and tell me they went straight to voicemail a few times. I'm wondering if im missing calls that i don't know about.

The best part for me is not ever having to change or renew contracts. I remember leaving Rogers and trying to negotiate, extend my deal etc all that hassle.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2036 upvotes
Toronto
Wilmega wrote: im happy with Chatr, signed up with Mobilicity in 2011 for $25/month unlimited everything. Monthly is now $30 with 5 GBs of data. Only issue I noticed is some times ppl call me and tell me they went straight to voicemail a few times. I'm wondering if im missing calls that i don't know about.

The best part for me is not ever having to change or renew contracts. I remember leaving Rogers and trying to negotiate, extend my deal etc all that hassle.
I have the same problem.
Don't realize a call is coming in until I hear the cue for voicemail or see the light blink on my phone.
Used to think it was my older phone but seems the service.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17013 posts
4799 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
I am OK. Rogers Chatr service as a whole is below average when compared with other brands from Bell, and Telus. Lucky, Public. Also a reflection of Rogers network that barely works, even on LTE.

Downtown Toronto, on my other Rogers LTE line, I get barely 12-15mpbs.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17013 posts
4799 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
gh05t wrote: I have the same problem.
Don't realize a call is coming in until I hear the cue for voicemail or see the light blink on my phone.
Used to think it was my older phone but seems the service.
Thats Rogers 3G network, which prioritizes Rogers traffic vs sub-brands.