[Mobilicity] Holiday Plans - $20 Unl Talk Text or $40 Unl Talk Text and Data

Deal Link:
For $20/mo, you get:

Province-Wide Talk
Voicemail
North American Text
Caller ID, Call Waiting & Forwarding, 3-Way calling
North American Picture Messaging

Add $10 unlimited data with 6gb soft cap or $20 unlimited data with 20gb soft cap.

For only $40/month, get UNLIMITED:

Data
Canada-Wide Talk
Text
North American Long Distance
Global Text
30 Minutes North American Voice Roaming
Voicemail, Caller ID and Call Features

All this on the Rogers network as confirmed by many including me. Offer runs until January 3rd, 2016. Plus must be on automatic monthly payment withdrawals to be eligible.

Edit: I know many including me were having issues with the smaller coverage zones. Mobilicity does offer roaming bundles which are actually pretty reasonable. Add a basic one for $10/$20 to the $30 plan and most should be good for the occasional trip outside of the coverage zone and still have a great priced plan on the Rogers network.

Light Traveller for $5/month: 100MBs of Data

Regular Traveller for $10/month: 200MBs of Data and 50 Voice Mins.

Frequent Traveller for $20/month: 500MBs of Data and 100 Voice Mins.
352 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
2019 posts
2011 upvotes
Laputa
GG. everyone is going to mobilicity now...
Nov 5, 2013
152 posts
106 upvotes
Can you sign up for Mobilicity online? I can only seem to make a shopping list which says to print off and bring it in to the store. Unfortunately there are no stores in Nova Scotia. Is it even possible to sign up with out going in to a store?
Jan 21, 2003
327 posts
97 upvotes
Edmonton
I haven't seen a definitive answer to this yet, but now that it's the Rogers network are there still Home vs. Away zones (unlimited vs. roaming)? Do you still have to fund your Mobilicity wallet to access the network outside of the city?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5272 posts
633 upvotes
Toronto
dakewldude wrote: I haven't seen a definitive answer to this yet, but now that it's the Rogers network are there still Home vs. Away zones (unlimited vs. roaming)? Do you still have to fund your Mobilicity wallet to access the network outside of the city?
Its similar to Char which runs on Rogers. Coverage is still zoned with 'roaming' charges applying when you step outside zone.
Sep 5, 2005
546 posts
91 upvotes
Markham
Rogers kept the Mobilicity zones. They just operate under the Rogers network rather than on AWS On UMTS.
Jun 10, 2012
120 posts
67 upvotes
icemasta wrote: Its similar to Char which runs on Rogers. Coverage is still zoned with 'roaming' charges applying when you step outside zone.
Did you confirmed this with Mobilicity ? I think Chatr province wide calling is not zoned.
Apr 23, 2014
35 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So does this mean I can bring a Rogers phone to Mobilicity?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5721 posts
2937 upvotes
Winnipeg
welldone123 wrote: Can you sign up for Mobilicity online? I can only seem to make a shopping list which says to print off and bring it in to the store. Unfortunately there are no stores in Nova Scotia. Is it even possible to sign up with out going in to a store?
+1
no stores in MB
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3542 posts
1600 upvotes
'Shwallywood
icemasta wrote: Its similar to Char which runs on Rogers. Coverage is still zoned with 'roaming' charges applying when you step outside zone.
Thats the INFO I needed, bummer they didnt do what Public Mobile did
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Nov 3, 2008
198 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
If I go for the $40 Canada wide plan, then would "zones" still even apply?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
2019 posts
2011 upvotes
Laputa
steady wrote: If I go for the $40 Canada wide plan, then would "zones" still even apply?
It's about Coverage Zones, not long distance calling zone.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2014
1267 posts
394 upvotes
Ottawa
steady wrote: If I go for the $40 Canada wide plan, then would "zones" still even apply?
Yes, unfortunately :( I don't see them getting rid of this at all. And if they did, you're looking at double the cost plus slowing down on data even more haha
Aug 30, 2009
254 posts
98 upvotes
So if I have a rogers #, is it required to "port" the number? Any charge or will they do this for free since its already on the rogers network?
Jan 18, 2005
198 posts
116 upvotes
Wpegger wrote: +1
no stores in MB
Why would you want this deal in Manitoba? There aren't even any coverage zones so you would be paying roaming charges everywhere.

You can get no-zone plans from Koodo for $48 per month.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7309 posts
455 upvotes
York
Would I pay roaming charges if I'm outside the Mobilicity zone and my phone is on but I'm not using it to call, text, or data?
Nov 3, 2008
198 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
Millenniunn wrote: It's about Coverage Zones, not long distance calling zone.
DarkVelvet55 wrote: Yes, unfortunately :( I don't see them getting rid of this at all. And if they did, you're looking at double the cost plus slowing down on data even more haha
Thanks - based on my typical movement / travels, then it's not a workable plan. Too bad.
Nov 25, 2014
442 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Now that Mobilicity is operating on Rogers network, can someone who is currently on Mobilicity please report their data speeds? I ran a speedtest on someone's MB phone and noted Download = 2Mbps and Upload = 0.2 Mbps. These look like crappy speeds compared to Rogers 3g data.
Oct 18, 2014
60 posts
8 upvotes
N/A
Do Rogers cap the speed of Mobi customers? I wouldn't mind migrating one of the lines over to Mobi but I want to know what kind of speed I'll be getting beforehand.
Jan 18, 2005
198 posts
116 upvotes
welldone123 wrote: Can you sign up for Mobilicity online? I can only seem to make a shopping list which says to print off and bring it in to the store. Unfortunately there are no stores in Nova Scotia. Is it even possible to sign up with out going in to a store?
There are no coverage zones in Nova Scotia so you probably don't want this plan. Mobilicity is very limited in the areas that are included in that price, which is why it is so low. Some people are willing to sacrifice roaming for a cheaper price because they don't leave the city very often.