MOD, please delete

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2018 12:24 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21738 posts
21353 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
Sanyo wrote: BlogTO is your source? Jesus I should start my own blog and write out nonsense...
I busted out laughing when I saw the link. The desperation is hilarious.

Did you read the responses? We have some seriously dumb people on this planet. There are people who are begging for a crash so they can finally afford a house. This is the society we live in now. The have nots unwilling to work so the whole system needs to be changed. Everyone has to suffer in order for them to get what they want. Just stupid people. Forget the people who didn't come from money but busted their asses to buy property. Those people get shafted. Should a dumb group. They think they will be unaffected by a housing crash? When they're out of a job, will they cry to the government to "do something!!!!!"?
Last edited by JayLove06 on Dec 17th, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 13, 2018
495 posts
539 upvotes
Just enjoy your place.

We all have opinions about how future will unfold and I can assure you we all have been wrong before.

And enjoy what you have is always the best strategy.

Happy Holidays
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21738 posts
21353 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
If you can afford it and you love it, who cares? I've lived in homes that made me good money and was miserable. Most important thing is how you feel about your home. If it's great then you won.
Sep 9, 2015
297 posts
208 upvotes
GTA
Thank you everyone! The area is still pretty affordable compared to other Semis inside Toronto. Sooo passing my good luck to anyone still looking around for a decent priced home Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2001
1152 posts
479 upvotes
Toronto
Ameliaski wrote: The home is a few mins walk to Rouge Hill Go. It’s about 1300sqft above grade with about $30k spent on renovations. With today news about home prices going down drastically setting a record after 22 years I am concerned now if I overpaid. Any advice or anything to make me feel better is appreciated Loudly Crying Face
in the long term you'll come out ahead. as long as you like the place, don't worry about it.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
6517 posts
3798 upvotes
Thornhill
That's a questions best asked about securities not real estate.
Nov 5, 2017
312 posts
313 upvotes
Lol too late to do anything. You will know in few years you overpaid or not
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2010
1459 posts
1176 upvotes
Ontario
This is a perfect example on how comments are made here. Oh, it's BlogTo, that may be a piece of s..t article. And you don't even bother to look at article. Because then you can see from where the data is coming... But what expectation can you have form "word-masters" like the ones below....

StatsCan's New Housing Price Index for October 2018 shows that, while the cost of a new house in Toronto fell just 0.1 per cent between September and October, it plummeted at a faster rate than we've seen since 1996 over the preceding 12 months.
Sanyo wrote: BlogTO is your source? Jesus I should start my own blog and write out nonsense...
JayLove06 wrote: I busted out laughing when I saw the link. The desperation is hilarious.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12381 posts
11307 upvotes
Isostar wrote: This is a perfect example on how comments are made here. Oh, it's BlogTo, that may be a piece of s..t article. And you don't even bother to look at article. Because then you can see from where the data is coming... But what expectation can you have form "word-masters" like the ones below....

StatsCan's New Housing Price Index for October 2018 shows that, while the cost of a new house in Toronto fell just 0.1 per cent between September and October, it plummeted at a faster rate than we've seen since 1996 over the preceding 12 months.
0.1% down is plummeting? Again...as you said words... oooo scary everyone sell sell sell and move outta here... Isostar is gonan tell us the next great place to put your money.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2010
1459 posts
1176 upvotes
Ontario
Sanyo wrote: 0.1% down is plummeting? Again...as you said words... oooo scary everyone sell sell sell and move outta here... Isostar is gonan tell us the next great place to put your money.
As usual, your are missing the point. Point made here is your posting is bashing BlogTo. Which is just posting data from StatsCan.... So is BlogTo article correct or not?

Related to your posting, 0.1% down after increase every month in last 19 years may be big, if StatsCan considered they need to put that in front. Does this impact on RE market? Not at all, at least for now....
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2014
1137 posts
450 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
OP - IMO, you got a solid deal.

Financially in 5 years I bet this house could go for $900K plus based on the area.
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
13011 posts
3095 upvotes
Toronto
That area has been pretty stable for awhile now. Used to be super cheap before the outsiders 'discovered' it. I bid on a 2nd property (planning to downsize in a couple of years type thing) townhouse across the GO in the latter half of 2015 when it started to get super hot. Bid 580s, when before that, none in the immediate area went for that. Winning bid was 615K. Not too long ago, similar unit sold for around that price so it peaked higher, than went back down and is quite stagnant.

OP, you did not 'overpay' compared to market. And the more you take advantage of the area, the better it will be. Especially exercise type thing.
May 3, 2013
760 posts
475 upvotes
Toronto
Ameliaski wrote: The home is a few mins walk to Rouge Hill Go. It’s about 1300sqft above grade with about $30k spent on renovations. With today news about home prices going down drastically setting a record after 22 years I am concerned now if I overpaid. Any advice or anything to make me feel better is appreciated Loudly Crying Face
My advice is to ask this before making the purchase. Once you bought the property, no need to monitor the market anymore unless you are doing some fancy financing with your home equity. You made the purchase for a reason, there was a reason that you convinced yourself it was worth putting that much money into it, if that reason is still valid, you should be fine.
Oct 14, 2017
412 posts
297 upvotes
London
I felt the same way in 2012 when I bought my tiny townhouse in Aurora. 6 years later I doubled after expenses and relocated. I accepted it then and enjoyed what I had.
Aug 16, 2006
212 posts
61 upvotes
700k for a 1300sq ft house sounds pretty average in this market. Price wise I think it's good. If you like the area and it's close to work, then its a good deal. Price is just one half of the equation when deciding to purchase a home.