• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 3:22 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 24, 2016
19 posts
5 upvotes

Which model of dyson is better?

There is a deal on refurbished.ca on the v10mh at 349 and the v10b was 339 last week.

The seller is telling me that the biggest model is the mh and is on sale at 349$

What is the truth?

Should i wait for the black friday?

Thanks
8 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
2264 posts
1249 upvotes
Alliston, ON
The v10b is the better model of the 2. The v10 MH has a smaller bin and comes with no accessories.

I'd also check out the official dyson eBay store. They usually have good deals on refurbished units
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5559 posts
1192 upvotes
the Miele model is the best one.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34451 posts
20479 upvotes
Center of Universe
milolai wrote: the Miele model is the best one.
Miele sells handheld vacuums?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
4062 posts
1297 upvotes
Oshawa
My 1980s Sears Kenmore Powermate 840 Canister Vacuum Cleaner is still working like a GEM!

Yes ... the vacuum hose has been duct-taped in various places like an alien spaceship.

Yes ... the vacuum is bulky and clumsy ... whereas the newer ones are stylish and saves a lot of space and some are cordless.

Yes ... the vacuum is heavy to lug up and down the stairs when you vacuum the steps

Yes ... it's corded so it is limited by the length of the electrical cord that is stored in the unit.

Yes ... the vacuum requires a bag in the compartment ... I still have 20 original bags that I bought from Sears when they closed down ... it gets changed only when its full ... once a year (twice at most)

Yes ... it is extremely old school and ugly.

YES ... it is over 30 years old! So what!

BUT ... THE MOTOR IS STILL WORKING VERY VERY VERY WELL!

Until it dies or the hose is beyond duct-tapeable ... or no more replacement bags can be found ... then it would be time to change.

IMG_20201022_095335.jpg
16' x 11' Living Room with 11' Cathedral Ceiling. 65" Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers (FR+FL). Polk Audio S35 (Center). Klipsch R51M (RR+RL). Klipsch R14M (Dolby FHR+Dolby FHL). Polk Audio HTS10 Subwoofer x 2.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
2264 posts
1249 upvotes
Alliston, ON
jdmfishingonly wrote: My 1980s Sears Kenmore Powermate 840 Canister Vacuum Cleaner is still working like a GEM!

Yes ... the vacuum hose has been duct-taped in various places like an alien spaceship.

Yes ... the vacuum is bulky and clumsy ... whereas the newer ones are stylish and saves a lot of space and some are cordless.

Yes ... the vacuum is heavy to lug up and down the stairs when you vacuum the steps

Yes ... it's corded so it is limited by the length of the electrical cord that is stored in the unit.

Yes ... the vacuum requires a bag in the compartment ... I still have 20 original bags that I bought from Sears when they closed down ... it gets changed only when its full ... once a year (twice at most)

Yes ... it is extremely old school and ugly.

YES ... it is over 30 years old! So what!

BUT ... THE MOTOR IS STILL WORKING VERY VERY VERY WELL!

Until it dies or the hose is beyond duct-tapeable ... or no more replacement bags can be found ... then it would be time to change.

IMG_20201022_095335.jpg
My mom still uses a Filter Queen Brown coloured vacuum that has to be 40+yrs old. I'm pretty sure she even has a spare incase it ever breaks

Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
4062 posts
1297 upvotes
Oshawa
schade wrote: My mom still uses a Filter Queen Brown coloured vacuum that has to be 40+yrs old. I'm pretty sure she even has a spare incase it ever breaks

The hose looks MINT!
16' x 11' Living Room with 11' Cathedral Ceiling. 65" Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers (FR+FL). Polk Audio S35 (Center). Klipsch R51M (RR+RL). Klipsch R14M (Dolby FHR+Dolby FHL). Polk Audio HTS10 Subwoofer x 2.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
2264 posts
1249 upvotes
Alliston, ON
jdmfishingonly wrote: The hose looks MINT!
Lol that's just a photo for reference, I'm pretty sure hers has some duct tape around the handle end to get it to hold tight enough