Locked: Moderators delete post please

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2020 7:47 am
[OP]
Feb 8, 2020
4 posts

Moderators delete post please

Delete post
Last edited by vimal1 on Feb 10th, 2020 7:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Share:
18 replies
Sep 8, 2019
33 posts
37 upvotes
Nice. So It’s possible to open the acct, put $10k, get $500, then take the $10k out. Wait 3 months after receiving $500, then close acct?
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
1109 posts
516 upvotes
I got this promotion in the year 2018-19.. it's been 5 months now I closed my account...can I be eligible for it for the second time?
Jan 13, 2017
337 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
That's nice for new immigrants... But what about the Canadians who've been born and raised here all their life (working hard, paying Canadian taxes all their lives)? Where's their new account bonus incentive? Huh?

FTS. I can't and will never support a bank who discriminates against who gets their new account incentive offers, and who doesn't. Screw that. It should be open to every Canadian, or no one at all. Really shows where this bank's priorities are in Canada.

Cold Deal IMO.
Dec 28, 2019
756 posts
489 upvotes
rendered22 wrote: That's nice for new immigrants... But what about the Canadians who've been born and raised here all their life (working hard, paying Canadian taxes all their lives)? Where's their new account bonus incentive? Huh?

FTS. I can't and will never support a bank who discriminates against who gets their new account incentive offers, and who doesn't. Screw that. It should be open to every Canadian, or no one at all. Really shows where this bank's priorities are in Canada.
Target Marketing and Market Segmentation

This is a private business (HSBC Holdings plc is a British multinational investment bank and financial services holding company. It was the 7th largest bank in the world by 2018, and the largest in Europe, with total assets of US$2.558 trillion.), not YOUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT.

How come kids and elders pay Concession fare to take public transit, when you pay Adult fare?
Last edited by Sgtalpowell on Feb 10th, 2020 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jan 13, 2017
337 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Sgtalpowell wrote: Target Marketing and Market Segmentation

How come kids and elders pay Concession fare to take public transit, when you pay Adult fare?
Because one is on a fixed income (paid Canadian income taxes many many years and now on pensions) and the other has no income at all yet. Sounds fair to me.

and I'm not going to argue with you or anyone, but it just sounds like discriminatory BS marketing to pick newcomers only, for their banking bonus.
Dec 28, 2019
756 posts
489 upvotes
rendered22 wrote: Because one is on a fixed income (paid Canadian income taxes many many years and now on pensions) and the other has no income at all yet. Sounds fair to me.
If that's true, adults with low income would pay less fare or no fare.

It is not discriminatory, when new customers' group get better deals than existing customers ALL THE TIME in USA and Canada.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
4635 posts
2418 upvotes
M-Arkham
rendered22 wrote: That's nice for new immigrants... But what about the Canadians who've been born and raised here all their life (working hard, paying Canadian taxes all their lives)? Where's their new account bonus incentive? Huh?

Cold Deal IMO.
Do you know how many companies offer promos for all provinces and territories in Canada except for Quebec? Guess they don't have your business too, since they're discriminating against Quebecer Canadians.

EDIT: btw, if you're gonna hate on HSBC, you might as well hate on CIBC/RBC as well, cuz from what I remember, both of them had some crazy mortgage packages for new Canadian perma resident at one point or another, with much better rate then current existing Canadians resident/citizens.
2x Zoomer $36 for 4GB and unlimited Can wide txt/talk
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan
Deal Guru
Jul 17, 2008
10061 posts
2698 upvotes
How do they check anyway? Permanent residency cards have the date? What if they expired and they renew it, so it's more than 5 years?
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
1109 posts
516 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote: How do they check anyway? Permanent residency cards have the date? What if they expired and they renew it, so it's more than 5 years?
They will see landing papers
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2008
1231 posts
571 upvotes
Vancouver
rendered22 wrote: Because one is on a fixed income (paid Canadian income taxes many many years and now on pensions) and the other has no income at all yet. Sounds fair to me.

and I'm not going to argue with you or anyone, but it just sounds like discriminatory BS marketing to pick newcomers only, for their banking bonus.
Part of what makes hsbc attractive is that their services are international. So targeting people who cross national boundaries makes sense. You're only seeing the local picture but there's more beyond that. They also tend to target wealthy people.
Jul 5, 2013
946 posts
1427 upvotes
Saint John
Clawback

(i) The Joining Bonus Reward Offer is subject to the condition that the Eligible Account must remain open and in
good standing for at least one (1) calendar year after the end of the month during which the Joining Bonus Reward
Offer is received. If you fail to meet this condition, you will be obligated to repay the full amount of the Joining
Bonus Reward Offer to HSBC.

(ii) If you fail to meet the condition above, after the Joining Bonus Reward Offer is paid, we may withdraw the full
amount of the Joining Bonus Reward Offer from your Eligible Account or any account you have with HSBC or
send you a demand to repay the full value of the Joining Bonus Reward Offer to us within one (1) month
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7080 posts
1431 upvotes
Mont-Royal
hsbc seems like an underperforming bank in canada
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
[OP]
Feb 8, 2020
4 posts
backshottaxi wrote: Nice. So It’s possible to open the acct, put $10k, get $500, then take the $10k out. Wait 3 months after receiving $500, then close acct?
No. There is 5k min balance ( min is $0 for 1st 12 months ) but you need to wait 1 year after bonus so that makes min account length as 15 months. Terms aren't clear about maintenance of 10k over 3 months.
Aug 15, 2019
18 posts
26 upvotes
Kind of confused. Does it mean the $10,000 dollars have to stay in the account for just 3 months and the account itself has to be remain open for 1 year?
demon1102 wrote: Clawback

(i) The Joining Bonus Reward Offer is subject to the condition that the Eligible Account must remain open and in
good standing for at least one (1) calendar year after the end of the month during which the Joining Bonus Reward
Offer is received. If you fail to meet this condition, you will be obligated to repay the full amount of the Joining
Bonus Reward Offer to HSBC.

(ii) If you fail to meet the condition above, after the Joining Bonus Reward Offer is paid, we may withdraw the full
amount of the Joining Bonus Reward Offer from your Eligible Account or any account you have with HSBC or
send you a demand to repay the full value of the Joining Bonus Reward Offer to us within one (1) month