Modern Warfare/Warzone - feel like im not in sync with their servers

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2021 11:13 am
[OP]
Oct 6, 2017
83 posts
29 upvotes

Modern Warfare/Warzone - feel like im not in sync with their servers

So when i play warzone or MW by myself, i have a good time. I get an alright amount of kills playing.

but when i play with my friends who are better than me, and i get put into "high sbmm" matches, i feel like i die due to bull$hit more than being outskilled. Like, i die in a millisecond as soon as an enemy pops a corner, before i can even press aim or shoot. Yet when i spectate everyone else who is still playing, no one dies like that. They have a fair shoot out and kill/die. For some reason, im the only one who dies like this.

This happens in private matches as well. Even though we are all in brampton, i feel like im not even in sync in the game like the others. One of them even told me i am like the offline ai bots you can play against. Also, my aim assist is not as good as everyone elses. (we all play on ps4). im always bottom of leaderboard and sometimes finish with zero kills.

Now before you just tell me "git gud," i know that. But how can i get good if i feel like the game is gimping me? Im able to play fine when im by myself, i even win free-for-all sometimes or get top 3. I dont feel like the game is cheating me. Its only when i play with friends, whether public or private, i feel cheated. im playing wired btw and already forwarded the ports on router
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8993 posts
3294 upvotes
Matchmaking in Modern Warfare is based on skill moreso than other CoD games. If your friends are better than you and you join their game, you will be placed
with players that are of similar skill level as them.

Turn up your aiming speed up in the options. Also, if your internet connection is not good then you will be lagging behind others.
You don't need to have fastest reaction times to be one of the top players in the match. I have a good ratio based on reaction time, anticipation (readying to aim down the sights at probable encounter junctures) and
strategic positioning.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4556 posts
1469 upvotes
Toronto
Counut wrote: So when i play warzone or MW by myself, i have a good time. I get an alright amount of kills playing.

but when i play with my friends who are better than me, and i get put into "high sbmm" matches, i feel like i die due to bull$hit more than being outskilled. Like, i die in a millisecond as soon as an enemy pops a corner, before i can even press aim or shoot. Yet when i spectate everyone else who is still playing, no one dies like that. They have a fair shoot out and kill/die. For some reason, im the only one who dies like this.

This happens in private matches as well. Even though we are all in brampton, i feel like im not even in sync in the game like the others. One of them even told me i am like the offline ai bots you can play against. Also, my aim assist is not as good as everyone elses. (we all play on ps4). im always bottom of leaderboard and sometimes finish with zero kills.

Now before you just tell me "git gud," i know that. But how can i get good if i feel like the game is gimping me? Im able to play fine when im by myself, i even win free-for-all sometimes or get top 3. I dont feel like the game is cheating me. Its only when i play with friends, whether public or private, i feel cheated. im playing wired btw and already forwarded the ports on router
What's the discrepancy between your own K/D and your friends? If it's significant enough, it really could just be a SBMM thing and the people you're facing are just so much better than those you get matched with alone. I mean, reflexes aren't everything, and things like situational awareness and prefiring if they know an enemy is rounding the corner, as well as aiming for upper chest/head shots and recoil control is so different when playing against really good players vs average players.

Although you can't also discount cheating... and since cheaters would have a higher k/d average and probably greater win %, if your friends are good enough, then there's a chance they get matched up with more cheaters than you do when matchmaking alone. I've noticed it's gotten worse in Warzone especially, where it feels like I get killed by a suspicious player with 15+ kills shooting only headshots every 5-6 games or so.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1