Mogo prepaid Visa
Mogo prepaid Visa. Smartphone/tablet is required to order the card (right now only iOS is supported). You can just borrow a friend's iPhone to order the card, there's no need to use the app on an ongoing basis after ordering the card.
Loading the card is done either by:
- The "pull method"—Use the iOS app to request money be transferred from your linked bank account,
- The "push method"—add MOGO VISA as a bill payee on your bank's online banking site, and making a "bill payment" to it
- No monthly or up-front fees
- No purchase transaction fees
- No loading fees
- $1.50 ATM fee (Canada)
- $3 ATM fee (international)
- $1.99 monthly account inactivity fee after one year of non-use. No inactivity fee if balance is $0.
- Cash withdrawal limits are $250 per transaction, and max $250 per 24 hour period
Other gotchas found in the terms & conditions:
- Unavailable to residents of Yukon, NWT, Nunavut, Saskatchewan, Quebec, and Nova Scotia
- Supplementary cards: minimum $9.99 each
- Replace lost or stolen card: minimum $9.99
- Replace expired card: $9.99
- Refunds of foreign currency charges will also ding you 2.5%
- You must use the assigned PIN, no changes allowed
- Linking your bank account for ordering or loading the card requires entering your bank's online access credentials, including your personal access code, into the Mogo app.