• Jun 4th, 2015 3:55 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 18, 2013
53 posts

Mold ? and how to get rid of it

Hi,

Just discovered a thin line of black mold above the entrance door of my condo. A bit strange since this is an entrance door outside the bathroom

I wonder if this is a kind of mold forming due to concentrating moisture and the best way to get rid and prevent such thing from occurring ?
4 replies
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
2751 posts
294 upvotes
Use diluted bleach on a rag to clean up the currently affected area, check the surrounding area for signs of a leak.

If you can't see any other obvious signs, make sure that there is sufficient air flow in the condo and that the fan in the bathroom is actually being used.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12583 posts
1952 upvotes
City of Vancouver
cfso1952 wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2015 4:58 pm
...Just discovered a thin line of black mold above the...entrance door outside the bathroom

I wonder if this is a kind of mold forming due to concentrating moisture and the best way to get rid and prevent such thing from occurring ?
This is super weird. Pics?
De gustibus non est disputandum
Banned
Jan 16, 2015
869 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Call Mulder and Scully, this sound serious...

Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7621 posts
1390 upvotes
cfso1952 wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2015 4:58 pm
Hi,

Just discovered a thin line of black mold above the entrance door of my condo. A bit strange since this is an entrance door outside the bathroom

Dont think it's mold. It's accumulated dirt from the way the ventilation system is designed. All the air from the common areas is set to blow into all the unit. Air travels though creases between the door and frame and dirt accumulates.