• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2023 8:10 pm
Jul 16, 2019
331 posts
320 upvotes

Money back guarantee

I wanted a thread about places that give easy no return refunds
Magic Spoon - email you don’t like it, get a refund next day
Amazon generic Chinese electronics - Bluetooth earbuds I’ve had two different pairs I didn’t like I contacted the seller and they refund (I didn’t ask for a refund, just said that the tips didn’t stay in my ears)
11 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
chay9220 wrote: I wanted a thread about places that give easy no return refunds
Amazon generic Chinese electronics - Bluetooth earbuds I’ve had two different pairs I didn’t like I contacted the seller and they refund (I didn’t ask for a refund, just said that the tips didn’t stay in my ears)
No return refund ???

Oxymoron

So you want a list of places that break their own written refund policy ?
May 28, 2012
12485 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
There are exceptions but for the most part, Costco has a money back guarantee. Most grocery stores have a money back guarantee on their branded items.

Those Amazon 3rd party sellers like to keep their reviews positive so they go out of their way to make it right for their customers.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1095 posts
1018 upvotes
Alberta
chay9220 wrote: I wanted a thread about places that give easy no return refunds
Curious as to the point of this thread. Is it to order things with the intent of complaining so one can keep the item and get a refund?
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10058 posts
6151 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: No return refund ???

Oxymoron

So you want a list of places that break their own written refund policy ?
I can see that will become easy abuse. Buy something, even though I like, I say I don't & get refund and get the item for free.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36619 upvotes
Scarborough
The only time Amazon hasn't wanted my item back for a refund was a name brand item sold by Amazon themselves. Every other time they've always asked for it to be sent back.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18182 posts
14187 upvotes
Toronto
Mars2012 wrote: There are exceptions but for the most part, Costco has a money back guarantee. Most grocery stores have a money back guarantee on their branded items.

Those Amazon 3rd party sellers like to keep their reviews positive so they go out of their way to make it right for their customers.
OP is looking for a "no return refund"...meaning he keeps the item while getting a refund.

Costco and the grocery stores won't apply.

The only times I've had it happen were Amazon 3rd party sellers or going way back, ebay. They didn't want negative reviews and return shipping to China wasn't worth it for cheap items.
BaileySyd wrote: Curious as to the point of this thread. Is it to order things with the intent of complaining so one can keep the item and get a refund?
Seems to be yes.

This is why we can't have nice things.

IBTL
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Swerny wrote: OP is looking for a "no return refund"...meaning he keeps the item while getting a refund.

Costco and the grocery stores won't apply.

The only times I've had it happen were Amazon 3rd party sellers or going way back, ebay. They didn't want negative reviews and return shipping to China wasn't worth it for cheap items.

Seems to be yes.

This is why we can't have nice things.

IBTL
Ahhh ha …

So loophole thievery

IBTL indeed

Def not cool in life
And outside the parameters of posting on RFD

* Like @Mars2012 i initially read it that way too thinking of Costco
But on second reading I caught the Oxymoron
And was a tad confused
Now I get it entirely … you are right on what the OP intends by this thread
Jul 16, 2019
331 posts
320 upvotes
It’s not Amazon themselves it’s from third party sellers, if you message them about their item every time one responded they just offered refund and didn’t respond to the context of my message.
Most sellers don’t respond though, like I just bought some shelves and there’s damage to the board because the mounting hardware is loose packed so the hardware scuffed up the board in transit. I tried contacting them, no response. Also their website no longer exists where it says to get instructions/email them. So seems they’re just bankrupt and it’s left over inventory in the warehouse.
Jul 16, 2019
331 posts
320 upvotes
Mars2012 wrote: There are exceptions but for the most part, Costco has a money back guarantee. Most grocery stores have a money back guarantee on their branded items.

I never tried returning food to a store before. But when I was in the states most house brands said “double guaranteed” where their fine prints said they would give you double the items price if you’re not 100% satisfied.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
Logitech used to do this, but they demanded a picture of a cut cord.
This was years ago though so IDK if they still do it.
TomRFD wrote: The only time Amazon hasn't wanted my item back for a refund was a name brand item sold by Amazon themselves. Every other time they've always asked for it to be sent back.
I actually convinced Amazon to do this for me once.
I paid $20 for a case of chips. They shipped me one bag. I basically told them I'd be happy to ship the chips back, but do you (Amazon) really want to pay $5 for shipping of one bag of chips back that you're most likely going to have to destroy because it's a food product?
They were all like "yeah you're right, just keep them, and here's money."
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6991 upvotes
GTA
Seems to be case by case, recently I had a $200 headphones with a faulty bluetooth wireless issue, so I requested a RMA, and they sent me a new one without sending the old back. I still have the old one because they work great wired, just that the BT connection was really bad. The new set works fine.

Interestingly enough, I RMA'ed from the same company on a pair of $80 earbuds in mid 2021, which I was required to send back (at my own cost), and then they sent me a new set.

With Amazon, I've had items resent when they were dead/damaged, some of their shipping boxes are ridiculouis and smashed. I did have to email the Amazon CSR with photo proof.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)