16879 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
Yea I'll pass on Guelph.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
3115 posts
5962 upvotes
Toronto/Markham
Their ranking is based on average home price to income ratio.

To me personally that doesn't rank very high on my criteria when evaluating where is a good place to buy, although there are a few spots in the top 10 that I am bullish on Guelph/KW/Ottawa - not my top pics however.
Realtor®
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1043 posts
832 upvotes
BC
Interesting! Thanks for sharing. Poor Kelowna. :-(
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2004
7320 posts
5287 upvotes
Toronto
CondoMan98 wrote: GTA or die.
you buy or you f die. - wolf of wall street
Full-time Realtor
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
2196 posts
1503 upvotes
GTA
I don't see people rushing to buy in many of these places.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2004
7320 posts
5287 upvotes
Toronto
lpin14 wrote: I don't see people rushing to buy in many of these places.
I would say Ottawa and kw are quite hot markets .
Full-time Realtor
Oct 31, 2019
432 posts
559 upvotes
(1) How tf is Guelph's Price to Income ratio 8.65??? Is the entire market just rich foreign students buying real estate? Or has it become a bedroom community for GTA and I'm out of the loop?
(2) How tf is Guelph @ 8.65 Price to Income the top buy in the country? "Strong Economic fundamentals" hahahaha what? at 8.65x P/I?

The only tangible fundamental that the the article even mentions is proximity to Toronto - so unless I'm misreading this then the only investment thesis is that it'll become an increasingly popular bedroom community for Toronto......at 8.65x price to income......
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
2916 posts
5206 upvotes
Toronto
Canada is a beautiful, safe, multicultural country. We have free healthcare, good laws, and offer STABILITY. I am bullish on Canada in general, except Alberta. We are moving towards green energy and with JT and the libs in power, I expect the anti-energy mandate to continue.

Go Canada go!
Called the bottom.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2013
1036 posts
425 upvotes
Toronto
CondoMan98 wrote: Canada is a beautiful, safe, multicultural country. We have free healthcare, good laws, and offer STABILITY. I am bullish on Canada in general, except Alberta. We are moving towards green energy and with JT and the libs in power, I expect the anti-energy mandate to continue.

Go Canada go!
I thought oil/energy is big part in Canadian economy. No?
Oct 31, 2019
432 posts
559 upvotes
gskn4u wrote: I thought oil/energy is big part in Canadian economy. No?
Lol. Economy. Canadian real estate is priced like a growth stock but hyped like a value stock ("stability"). The entire immigration investment thesis implies that WEALTHY immigrants will aggressively purchase here - real estate simply doesn't sell at 8x+ Price/Income on an economic basis unless the real estate is purchased by the already-rich. The only growth argument I can even think of is that we get a bunch of genius-level tech workers that will build an entirely tech-based economy for Canada that currently doesn't exist - but even then the newly-arrived immigrants could never buy at 8x+ unless they can come up with a 40%+ down payment immediately.
May 29, 2020
230 posts
365 upvotes
You know things are **** when Abbotsford is more expansive than Toronto.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
11120 posts
9378 upvotes
Winnipeg
LOL.. Winnipeg.
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12360 posts
11249 upvotes
CondoMan98 wrote: Canada is a beautiful, safe, multicultural country. We have free healthcare, good laws, and offer STABILITY. I am bullish on Canada in general, except Alberta. We are moving towards green energy and with JT and the libs in power, I expect the anti-energy mandate to continue.

Go Canada go!

Yep Canada just proved to the bears on here why people flock here.

No major riots. No huge corona cases.

It proved to people in the world people in the States are nutjobs and if you want to raise your family right then Canada is the place.

All bullish for real estate!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2004
7320 posts
5287 upvotes
Toronto
bears have all but disappeared..but they are just lurking, and hoping prices fall in September or October , just to say I told you so..while prices have gone up 5% since..
Full-time Realtor
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2017
1049 posts
918 upvotes
Toronto
Rather buy in Kitchener, London, or Ottawa than Geulph

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)