• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2019 10:00 am
4 replies
Apr 22, 2015
205 posts
149 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
ok so how did you get it for 299? Provide details.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2011
2158 posts
1045 upvotes
Saint John
The Acer sounds better with 75Hz and Freesync. It's also IPS, which looks better IMO than VA. The superior viewing angles of IPS might come into play on a display that large unless you're sitting well over a metre away. I have a 4K 32-inch VA monitor and find that colour gets washed out at the corners from where I sit. I'm planning to wall mount it to get an extra few inches of distance away from my seating position. Admittedly this could be a quirk of the particular panel in my monitor and not representative of most VA screens. Also keep in mind that VA does offer the best contrast of any LCD technology.

All things considered, I'd take the Acer at current prices, but if you already have the Asus for $300, it may be the better choice.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2011
2158 posts
1045 upvotes
Saint John
mittwaffen wrote: Their both IPS

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.a ... gnorebbr=1

The asus overclocks to 75mhz.
But the 100 dollars more just for freesync and a crappy stand. doesnt seem worth it.

More opinions are appreciated tho
Ah, good catch. I assumed that since it has VA in the model # that it must be a VA panel. If they're both IPS, they must use the exact same panel - there are only two companies that make them (AU Optronics and LG), and I doubt there is enough demand for 32" 1440p monitors for there to be multiple players in the market.

I guess it comes down to Freesync then - If you game, I'd strongly consider it unless you're the odd type of person who somehow doesn't notice tearing. Remember that both Nvidia and AMD GPUs now support Freesync.