Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
monogramcoffee.com

[HOT] Monogram Coffee 4 Bags for $44 shipped

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2022 1:29 pm
[OP]
Aug 7, 2021
153 posts
619 upvotes

[HOT] Monogram Coffee 4 Bags for $44 shipped

Deal Link:
Retailer:
monogramcoffee.com
Ok so maybe I made the title too simple but I wanted to get all my coffee people in here.

Some facts: Monogram coffee is excellent. Monogram is doing 35% off your first subscription for a limited time. When ordering a subscription, you get a bulk discount on quantities over 2 bags. Monogram offers free shipping over $40.

Knowing this, IMO the best deal for the average person would be a subscription of 4 bags, cancelled after receiving the first package and freezing whatever you don't want to drink immediately (vacuum sealing is best, mason jars are fine too).

Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 1st, 2022 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: retailer field was empty
178 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2005
3141 posts
607 upvotes
Toronto
What's the weight per bag?
Jun 4, 2011
553 posts
894 upvotes
Toronto
trane0 wrote: What's the weight per bag?
320g, Monogram makes fantastic coffee, definitely one of the best in the country. (And pretty reasonable compared to some other third wave coffee roasters)
[OP]
Aug 7, 2021
153 posts
619 upvotes
Also if anyone has any experience with a Monogram subscription please do chime in. I went to cancel and it gave me another 2 instances of 15% off but I'm not sure how to use them?

Jun 6, 2009
709 posts
254 upvotes
It say:

To qualify for the discount, you must commit to a minimum of three shipments.

Does it let you cancel after the first shipment?
Sep 21, 2008
638 posts
963 upvotes
I'll give this a shot, thanks op!

That said, it's not a good recommendation to freeze coffee. Although freezing small quantities in a series of vacuum-sealed bags is ok, it drastically reduces the shelf-life of the beans once unfrozen.

I think the conventional wisdom among the coffee ninjas nowadays is to store them in an airtight and opaque container....with no sun and no excessive moisture. Which is easy anyhow :)

tossmy wrote: Ok so maybe I made the title too simple but I wanted to get all my coffee people in here.

Some facts: Monogram coffee is excellent. Monogram is doing 35% off your first subscription for a limited time. When ordering a subscription, you get a bulk discount on quantities over 2 bags. Monogram offers free shipping over $40.

Knowing this, IMO the best deal for the average person would be a subscription of 4 bags, cancelled after receiving the first package and freezing whatever you don't want to drink immediately (vacuum sealing is best, mason jars are fine too).

Jun 4, 2011
553 posts
894 upvotes
Toronto
buriboi wrote: I'll give this a shot, thanks op!

That said, it's not a good recommendation to freeze coffee. Although freezing small quantities in a series of vacuum-sealed bags is ok, it drastically reduces the shelf-life of the beans once unfrozen.

I think the conventional wisdom among the coffee ninjas nowadays is to store them in an airtight and opaque container....with no sun and no excessive moisture. Which is easy anyhow :)
Convention has changed, freezing coffee is fine and recommended for storing larger quantities. I wouldn't pull a bag out of the freezer every day and put it back. Ror instance I have 4 bags in the freezer now and will pull one out when I finish my current bag.
Jul 15, 2011
261 posts
273 upvotes
Vancouver
Ah I just recently stocked up too... These coffee deals always seem to pop up when I have too much coffee!
[OP]
Aug 7, 2021
153 posts
619 upvotes
cleardevil wrote: It say:

To qualify for the discount, you must commit to a minimum of three shipments.

Does it let you cancel after the first shipment?
I went to cancel immediately but am not sure, would love to hear from one of you with subscription experience.
buriboi wrote: I'll give this a shot, thanks op!

Vacuum sealing and freezing coffee has become meta since Hoffmann co-signed it but you don't keep the bag in the freezer and keep opening it over and over, just longer term storage defrosted while it's still sealed. It never goes back and forth. Also do you have a source for the shelf-life thing? Not trying to peg you, I just love coffee and would like to keep an open mind
Dec 20, 2018
847 posts
1290 upvotes
The deals at black friday are normally better for first time subscribers, but this is a good amount.

I am still using my black friday sub from 2021 as I find 4/5 coffees are usually quite good. I got some gesha in the last subscription package. $16 per 340 gram bag is nothing to sneeze at, and not in the least bit a good value, but I think it is fairly priced compared to other coffee in its class.

My go-to value coffee is the Canadian blend from Shoppers. Around $8 per 930 grams.
Outlaw ellipses and apostrophes.
Sep 21, 2008
638 posts
963 upvotes
Yeah, I think you've hit the nail on the head - the taking it in and out is the problem - the cycle of condensation and re-freezing said condensation is the issue. So if you're no better off in the freezer (at *best*), why go to the trouble?

And no specific source regarding reduced life after removing from the freezer - just something I've read in various coffee books over the years. Who knows - maybe there's no difference!

Anyhow...I'm still getting me some coffee - no need to freeze since I'll go through that in like....a day :P (there are worse addictions!)

Enjoy all!

tossmy wrote: I went to cancel immediately but am not sure, would love to hear from one of you with subscription experience.

Vacuum sealing and freezing coffee has become meta since Hoffmann co-signed it but you don't keep the bag in the freezer and keep opening it over and over, just longer term storage defrosted while it's still sealed. It never goes back and forth. Also do you have a source for the shelf-life thing? Not trying to peg you, I just love coffee and would like to keep an open mind
[OP]
Aug 7, 2021
153 posts
619 upvotes
buriboi wrote: Yeah, I think you've hit the nail on the head - the taking it in and out is the problem - the cycle of condensation and re-freezing said condensation is the issue. So if you're no better off in the freezer (at *best*), why go to the trouble?

And no specific source regarding reduced life after removing from the freezer - just something I've read in various coffee books over the years. Who knows - maybe there's no difference!

Anyhow...I'm still getting me some coffee - no need to freeze since I'll go through that in like....a day :P (there are worse addictions!)

Enjoy all!
I thought I explained it pretty well: none of us are taking the coffee in and out. Everyone knows not to do that. The coffee is sealed one time, is frozen one time and thawed (while sealed) once ready to be used. After it's thawed it can then live in a bag or an airscape or whatever you prefer. You could check out James Hoffmann's video for a quick briefing on the different methods

I, myself, drink small cups (12g/200g) infrequently so I wouldn't be able to enjoy "fresh" specialty coffee at sale prices if I didn't vacuum freeze, it's been amazing for me and comes highly recommended.

What subscription did you get? The roaster's choice was tempting but juicy naturals are where it's at for me.
[OP]
Aug 7, 2021
153 posts
619 upvotes
anthony9 wrote: I am still using my black friday sub from 2021
From Monogram? How much does it work out to be?
Nov 25, 2019
16 posts
32 upvotes
Just jumping in to say I started my subscription with monogram on a black Friday deal (2020 I think) and have kept it ever since. Coffees been consistently good and it's easy to skip or delay a shipment if i ever want to try other places. Highly recommend
Dec 20, 2018
847 posts
1290 upvotes
tossmy wrote: From Monogram? How much does it work out to be?
From Monogram. Each of the first two deliveries was doubly discounted. The price I am now is 20$ a bag with a 20% discount for 16$ each for five bags.
Outlaw ellipses and apostrophes.
Sep 21, 2008
638 posts
963 upvotes
Didn't get it yet - I'm waiting to see what input everybody else has!

I was thinking of the roaster's choice too, lol. Hard to pick
tossmy wrote: I thought I explained it pretty well: none of us are taking the coffee in and out. Everyone knows not to do that. The coffee is sealed one time, is frozen one time and thawed (while sealed) once ready to be used. After it's thawed it can then live in a bag or an airscape or whatever you prefer. You could check out James Hoffmann's video for a quick briefing on the different methods

I, myself, drink small cups (12g/200g) infrequently so I wouldn't be able to enjoy "fresh" specialty coffee at sale prices if I didn't vacuum freeze, it's been amazing for me and comes highly recommended.

What subscription did you get? The roaster's choice was tempting but juicy naturals are where it's at for me.
Oct 17, 2021
45 posts
37 upvotes
buriboi wrote: Yeah, I think you've hit the nail on the head - the taking it in and out is the problem - the cycle of condensation and re-freezing said condensation is the issue. So if you're no better off in the freezer (at *best*), why go to the trouble?

Enjoy all!
That's why you portion it out before you freeze it, and take out only what you need for the next couple days/week. For myself, it takes 3 weeks to finish a 340gram bag, so I split it into 3 mason jars. I defrost one at time, the evening before I need a new one.
Jun 25, 2005
798 posts
473 upvotes
I picked up 4 bags, great deal. I vacuum seal and freeze and had good results.
Sep 21, 2008
638 posts
963 upvotes
Wow, 3 weeks ?!?!

Man....I need to check into coffee-holics anonymous :(
Vincenzosong wrote: That's why you portion it out before you freeze it, and take out only what you need for the next couple days/week. For myself, it takes 3 weeks to finish a 340gram bag, so I split it into 3 mason jars. I defrost one at time, the evening before I need a new one.