Expired Hot Deals

Monoprice

MonoPrice $1.59 Black 3FT 28AWG High Speed w/ Ethernet HDMI Cable w/ Ferrite Cores

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2010 12:13 pm
[OP]
May 15, 2006
102 posts
11 upvotes
GVRD

[Monoprice] MonoPrice $1.59 Black 3FT 28AWG High Speed w/ Ethernet HDMI Cable w/ Ferrite Cores

Monoprice.com
$1.59 3FT 28AWG High Speed w/ Ethernet HDMI Cable w/ Ferrite Cores - Black (Limit 5 per Customer)
http://www.monoprice.com/products/produ ... 1&format=2

Good if someone wants the shorter 3' HDMI cables vs the 6' cables that are usually on sale.

High Speed HDMITM Cable
Now Introducing High Speed with Ethernet Certified HDMI cables. These cables represent the highest level of performance offered by HDMI. These cables support all the newest features including:

The HDMI Ethernet Channel - Delivers Ethernet data interconnectivity to compatible devices through the HDMI port so you don't need extra cables to get extended features.

Audio Return Channel - Allows the HDMI connection between a television and A/V receiver to transmit audio two ways, both upstream and downstream. This eliminates the need for a separate audio cable and ensures you maintain the high digital audio quality of HDMI.

3D Support - Supports several different methods of rendering 3D images.

4K x 2K Support - Resolution on par with state-of-the-art Digital Cinema projectors used in the local multiplexes will be coming to your living rooms. 4K x 2K represents resolutions of 3840x2160 and 4096x2160.

More Color Spaces Supported - Supports three more color space options, sYCC601 color, Adobe RGB Color and Adobe YCC601 color in addition to the X.V color support previously supported by Deep Color. Each of these promise to deliver a wider palette of colors to bring you more vibrant pictures.

In addition, these cables are backward compatible with a previous versions of HDMI. These High speed cables are constructed to the highest quality with full triple layer shielding from end to end, strong, solid wire welds and the highest quality materials including high purity copper, gold plated connectors and tin plated conduits.
13 replies
[OP]
May 15, 2006
102 posts
11 upvotes
GVRD
New devices conforming to the HDMI v1.4 specification can act as an ethernet hub.

ie) you run ethernet cable to your HDMI v1.4 capable TV and the tv shares the ethernet connection over the HDMI cable with other HDMI v1.4 capable devices.

If you have older devices, then the extra wires go unused.

http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_1_4/hec.aspx

[IMG]http://www.hdmi.org/images/hdmi_1_4/hec ... _400-2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.hdmi.org/images/hdmi_1_4/hec_after_400.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15231 posts
2437 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
^very interesting.
Aug 23, 2010
990 posts
89 upvotes
Matrixvibe wrote: ^very interesting.

+

so it's kinda like for media players, consoles that can go online but don't have wifi? :confused:
Contests Won: None :mad:
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2026 posts
1845 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone know what kind of import duties get slapped by Customs on Monoprice parcels? Shipping via USPS means no brokerage fees, but what about duties?
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2026 posts
1845 upvotes
Ottawa
heyjoe wrote: +

so it's kinda like for media players, consoles that can go online but don't have wifi? :confused:

It just sends the ethernet signal through the HDMI cable. Unfortunately, it requires devices that support the protocol because, obviously, they need to know to network over the HDMI. There aren't many (any?) such devices yet, but spending a small amount extra to buy these cables future proofs your setup a bit more. You shouldn't need to purchase new cables when you start using such devices.
Sep 1, 2009
154 posts
59 upvotes
Dynatos wrote: Anyone know what kind of import duties get slapped by Customs on Monoprice parcels? Shipping via USPS means no brokerage fees, but what about duties?

If your order is under $20 usually there is no duty or brokerage. I've ordered from monoprice many times for little things and all my orders under $20 i've never been hit with duty or brockerage fees. Hope that helps :)
Nov 11, 2004
134 posts
27 upvotes
Anyone know of how much is shipping to toronto?
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2026 posts
1845 upvotes
Ottawa
vikramjs wrote: Anyone know of how much is shipping to toronto?

Add the items to the cart and there's a button to estimate shipping.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2004
2665 posts
102 upvotes
Dynatos wrote: It just sends the ethernet signal through the HDMI cable. Unfortunately, it requires devices that support the protocol because, obviously, they need to know to network over the HDMI. There aren't many (any?) such devices yet, but spending a small amount extra to buy these cables future proofs your setup a bit more. You shouldn't need to purchase new cables when you start using such devices.

This would be fantastic but I guess like you said, there aren't any such devices yet? Wifi is great but not everything we have is wifi...looking to hear more about this.
Aug 1, 2005
522 posts
82 upvotes
abharj wrote: If your order is under $20 usually there is no duty or brokerage. I've ordered from monoprice many times for little things and all my orders under $20 i've never been hit with duty or brockerage fees. Hope that helps :)

I used to keep my orders under $20-25 (Cdn) to avoid duties, one order of around $27 once got him with $5 customs charge and then GST totalling about (9.xx incl the $5).

I just placed an order 3 weeks ago, well over... $47 after shipping, and it came in with no duties or taxes. Declared value was $30.80 US, and it was not marked gift.
It shipped Out via USPS Air Parcel

I'm guessing its just that customs did not select that package to assess it this time?