Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Monoprice

Monoprice Sous Vide Immersion Cooker 800W US$44

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2018 4:37 pm
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11955 posts
3699 upvotes
Kingston

[Monoprice] Monoprice Sous Vide Immersion Cooker 800W US$44

Free Shipping to US Address.
Was US$37 shipping to my Cdn address.
(probably a deal-killer if you can't buy it with a US address, but provided for full disclosure since Cdn shipping is available)

Cook food to perfection using the Strata Home Sous Vide Immersion Cooker! Sous Vide cooking is one of the hottest new trends in food preparation. Food is sealed into a plastic bag, which is then placed in a bath of water, which is then heated and circulated by the cooker. The result is food that is juicier and more tender, with all the nutrients, which are often lost from ordinary cooking methods. The LED screen makes it easy to set the cooking temperature and time so you can cook your favorite foods to perfection!

Home Hardware's $129 Sous Vide Cooker is 1200W, but 800W seems pretty common and acceptable according to my brief online research.

Not sure how much we'll use it but I got one as a cheap way to try out this approach to cooking.

Last edited by JWL on Nov 2nd, 2018 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
7 replies
Jun 14, 2011
702 posts
662 upvotes
Toronto
no bluetooth no wifi and no app?
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11955 posts
3699 upvotes
Kingston
xXKEIXx wrote: no bluetooth no wifi and no app?
No. Read a review by someone who owned a unit with those and they didn't find them very useful (especially bluetooth which has a limited distance. Wifi is much better if you want this feature)
Jun 14, 2011
702 posts
662 upvotes
Toronto
JWL wrote: No. Read a review by someone who owned a unit with those and they didn't find them very useful (especially bluetooth which has a limited distance. Wifi is much better if you want this feature)
With the Anova the 800w one has bluetooth and 900w has wifi.
Bluetooth does has limited distance problem but I can use it find anywhere in the house. And the ability to able to control it with the app with all the recipes includes is pretty neat.
The wifi version is stronger and can be controlled anywhere, but then I wouldn't "pre put" my meat in the water early and then wait for a later time before turning it on so I never really needed the wifi capability.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
1172 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
xXKEIXx wrote: no bluetooth no wifi and no app?
I have the Anova with all of these, and I never use them. It's nice to have, but unnecessary.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
3048 posts
944 upvotes
mawzi wrote: I have the Anova with all of these, and I never use them. It's nice to have, but unnecessary.
Same, would not pay for the features.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
2372 posts
469 upvotes
Edmonton
I have the mono price sous vide and it works perfectly fine. I have no use for the wifi or Bluetooth feature.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Same here... opted for this Monoprice one when it was on sale about a year ago and I had some leftover Monoprice credit that I never could find a use for so it was perfect. I've used this numerous times and each time the result came out perfectly. At the end of the day, this is a cooking tool and you really don't need an app, bluetooth or wifi to cook with it. If you strip away all those bells & whistles, it is the same as the Anova one.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)