Expired Hot Deals

[Monoprice] Monoprice Sous VideStrata Home by Monoprice Sous Vide Immersion Cooker

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2019 8:49 am
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6708 posts
2487 upvotes
Calgary
Evil Baby wrote:
Apr 27th, 2019 4:12 pm
man, everytime I load up monoprice the price goes up again. sigh. 800w is at 54.99 now and 1100w is at 69.99
You need to apply the promote code super6 to get the last few dollars off. Just remember if you have it shipped to Canada you will have to add exchange rate + shipping + duties etc.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
18611 posts
2000 upvotes
Niagara Falls
althetrainer wrote:
Apr 27th, 2019 4:43 pm
You need to apply the promote code super6 to get the last few dollars off. Just remember if you have it shipped to Canada you will have to add exchange rate + shipping + duties etc.
Thanks, I'll be shipping it to my US mailbox but the damn exchange rate is still gonna get me.

edit: decisions decisions, do I spend an extra $20 cdn after exchange for the 1100 vs the 800.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6708 posts
2487 upvotes
Calgary
Evil Baby wrote:
Apr 27th, 2019 4:48 pm
Thanks, I'll be shipping it to my US mailbox but the damn exchange rate is still gonna get me.
Yup. I was in the US in Feb and most of this month and man did the exchange rate hurt?! I am tempted to order one and have it shipped to my US address but I won't be back there until August, not sure if I want to have it sit there for four months though.
Dec 28, 2010
63 posts
30 upvotes
Ottawa
tasmar09 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2019 5:52 pm
Interesting. Thanks.
Does anyone else have experience with this? Most things I've read suggest sticking with Anova
I got the 800 watt one for Christmas and we've started to use it on a regular basis. Work great for pork chops, and thick rib steaks cut from prime rib roasts (thanks RFD!). I honestly have no idea why one would want wi-fi or bluetooth ... isn't the whole idea to set it up and leave it for a few hours? I use a fairly large IKEA plastic container and it works great; I don't know how big a container would require the 1100 watt version (maybe a 45 gallon drum :-)).
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6388 posts
1200 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
To help just a bit with the extra US fees, remember ebates/GCR for a whole one-percentage off!
Jun 14, 2011
185 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, I've been looking for a deal on one of these. I'm not too keen about playing border-fee roulette though, I got burned very badly a few months ago with fedex.

I'm still kicking myself for not picking up the 800W when it was around $77 at amazon.ca several month ago.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
15575 posts
5809 upvotes
swansong wrote:
Apr 27th, 2019 6:16 pm
I got the 800 watt one for Christmas and we've started to use it on a regular basis. Work great for pork chops, and thick rib steaks cut from prime rib roasts (thanks RFD!). I honestly have no idea why one would want wi-fi or bluetooth ... isn't the whole idea to set it up and leave it for a few hours? I use a fairly large IKEA plastic container and it works great; I don't know how big a container would require the 1100 watt version (maybe a 45 gallon drum :-)).
People I have talked to love the WiFi because they put the meat in an ice bath when they leave work, then when the ice has melted (it alerts them) they start cooking. This way the meat still stays cool during the day while at work and does not cause any bacteria growth.

Or so has been explained to me by them. I assume it's a problem leaving it running for 12 hours in terms of food quality or they just don't want to waste the power.
Dec 28, 2010
63 posts
30 upvotes
Ottawa
TrevorK wrote:
Apr 27th, 2019 10:47 pm
People I have talked to love the WiFi because they put the meat in an ice bath when they leave work, then when the ice has melted (it alerts them) they start cooking. This way the meat still stays cool during the day while at work and does not cause any bacteria growth.

Or so has been explained to me by them. I assume it's a problem leaving it running for 12 hours in terms of food quality or they just don't want to waste the power.
Okay, I can see how that would work well for some things. Thanks for the explanation!