Maple

[Staples] Monster DNA and Klipsch Image One II and Sony Blue Tooth Speaker

Hello

Just got back from a staples run

Got the following

Monster DNA on ear headphones - 44.99

Klipsch image one II - 49.99

Sony bluetooth speaker SRSBTM8

Now, what is staples return policy like? I only want to keep one set of headphones but dont want to open them in case I cant return or exchange them?

what is the better headphone?
17 replies
Nov 25, 2016
18 posts
5 upvotes
Chateauguay, QC
Wow, Monster DNA for 45$ is a good deal! I got mine for 80$ at Pharmaprix and I thought it was a pretty good deal.
I like them a lot by the way. The only downside is that they get uncomfortable quickly, but sound is great in my opinion.

(I think, but I might be wrong, that once you open the box you can't get a refund. At least that's how it works at LaSource and at Pharmaprix... it's just that they can't sell them again because they are in contact with your ears.)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
2607 posts
973 upvotes
Maple
Abbacadabra wrote: Wow, Monster DNA for 45$ is a good deal! I got mine for 80$ at Pharmaprix and I thought it was a pretty good deal.
I like them a lot by the way. The only downside is that they get uncomfortable quickly, but sound is great in my opinion.

(I think, but I might be wrong, that once you open the box you can't get a refund. At least that's how it works at LaSource and at Pharmaprix... it's just that they can't sell them again because they are in contact with your ears.)
That is what I figured, and need to get clarification on
Dec 17, 2012
204 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga
corcoran_chris wrote: Hello

Got the following

Now, what is staples return policy like? I only want to keep one set of headphones but dont want to open them in case I cant return or exchange them?

were these on clearance? site has them ~$90
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2014
1266 posts
643 upvotes
Montreal QC
DNA's are a steal at that price - I own two and they're both outstanding headphones. I also got the latest via Pharmaprix (aka Shoppers) @ 89$-18500pts=55$ish if you redeem on double pts day. I will go tomorrow and grab a third pair as a future gift.

I don't think there is a return policy on open headphones anymore. FS/BB/Shoppers no longer do it, claiming it's a government regulation health concern.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1267 posts
151 upvotes
Brooklin
The DNA head phones have great sound and the included flat cables are nice.
I find them uncomfortable though. They fit really tight with a lot of squeeze. There are 2 cracks developing at the top on each side and the left ear cup creaks when pressed. I've had them for only 3 weeks.
- Where Br★★klin At -
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2008
1268 posts
775 upvotes
corcoran_chris wrote: Hello

Got the following

Would you be able to post a photo of your receipt incase i run into problems trying to get the store to honour that same clearance price? Either way, thanks.
Feb 2, 2006
292 posts
61 upvotes
I picked up a pair of the DNA headphones for the same price today as well. There were other good deals, i got a Sony walkman 8gb mp3 player w/ speaker for $12. Cant go wrong at these prices!
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2008
1268 posts
775 upvotes
Lanella wrote: I picked up a pair of the DNA headphones for the same price today as well. There were other good deals, i got a Sony walkman 8gb mp3 player w/ speaker for $12. Cant go wrong at these prices!
which location? 12$??? thats amazing lol
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2014
1266 posts
643 upvotes
Montreal QC
I am going to leave shortly for Staples.

When you guys went, did they have a fair mix of DNA colours? I will be looking for the white/sky blue colour as my #1 preference and #2 green/black.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2008
1268 posts
775 upvotes
MontrealBonjour wrote: I am going to leave shortly for Staples.

When you guys went, did they have a fair mix of DNA colours? I will be looking for the white/sky blue colour as my #1 preference and #2 green/black.
if youre going to an Ottawa location could you possibly give an update if theres anything good left? I heard the 50% off is over today...
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2341 posts
602 upvotes
Lindsay, ON
I have the DNA and DNA pros and they are a very solid set of headphones. A steal at $45.
Jan 15, 2008
188 posts
96 upvotes
Clearance products are only 25% discount as of today. 50% off finished yesterday... Too bad!
Aug 7, 2011
361 posts
268 upvotes
Edmonton
Went to a Staples today too and found only 25%. Wallet safe I suppose.
Jul 16, 2013
180 posts
180 upvotes
Winnipeg
shdwfx wrote: Went to a Staples today too and found only 25%. Wallet safe I suppose.

Went today, they were also doing 25% in Winnipeg. Drove all the way for nothing. Screw staples