Real Estate

Locked: Which month of year do immigrant usually come to land in Toronto?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2018 2:40 pm
[OP]
Jan 4, 2013
578 posts
117 upvotes
TORONTO

Which month of year do immigrant usually come to land in Toronto?

Just want to find a good timing to list out my property
Share:
34 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4321 posts
670 upvotes
March is historically the best time to list, if you go by when I think immigrants will come, I'd probably say August just because I'm assuming they have families and if you have school usually August is when the year ends.
[OP]
Jan 4, 2013
578 posts
117 upvotes
TORONTO
Thanks a million!
flafson wrote: March is historically the best time to list, if you go by when I think immigrants will come, I'd probably say August just because I'm assuming they have families and if you have school usually August is when the year ends.
Oct 25, 2016
48 posts
58 upvotes
You think immigrants comes with suitcase full of CASH and directly comes to your open house.

There is no specific month of influx. In summer many visitors come see their families in Canada. Those visitors are not buying houses.
[OP]
Jan 4, 2013
578 posts
117 upvotes
TORONTO
If a immigrant not buying a house in Canada, I don’t see why our government gives them permanent resident.

blessedbypotato wrote: You think immigrants comes with suitcase full of CASH and directly comes to your open house.

There is no specific month of influx. In summer many visitors come see their families in Canada. Those visitors are not buying houses.
Oct 13, 2015
95 posts
48 upvotes
Brampton, ON
gimegime wrote: If a immigrant not buying a house in Canada, I don’t see why our government gives them permanent resident.
To rent basements of canadian home owners to help pay them mortgages. I know many immigrants who work minium wage and work hard to make ends meet. Please don't generalize.
[OP]
Jan 4, 2013
578 posts
117 upvotes
TORONTO
God bless all house owners in GTA. I hope new immigrants can help us to get pass this period of extreme difficulties

maxme09 wrote: To rent basements of canadian home owners to help pay them mortgages. I know many immigrants who work minium wage and work hard to make ends meet. Please don't generalize.
Sep 18, 2008
849 posts
206 upvotes
Woodbridge
gimegime wrote: God bless all house owners in GTA. I hope new immigrants can help us to get pass this period of extreme difficulties
FBS?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2009
5691 posts
3446 upvotes
Please make it stop
Banned
Oct 10, 2016
758 posts
333 upvotes
Around here immigrants come broke and squeeze into shady apartements for the most part(I'm born here but my parents were immigrant and we got out first house when I was 5). Then when they come up several years later they buy....GTA is something special and different.
Banned
Oct 10, 2016
758 posts
333 upvotes
Around here immigrants come broke and squeeze into shady apartements for the most part(I'm born here but my parents were immigrant and we got out first house when I was 5). Then when they come up several years later they buy....GTA is something special and different they seem to come with suitcases of money and buy houses that we cant even afford with a lifelong good credit and job.
Apr 29, 2017
281 posts
94 upvotes
You actually just missed them in January. So you will have to keep your house for another 10-11 months if you want to get top dollar, but by then you will gain another 25-60%
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
2829 posts
1577 upvotes
Mississauga
Rich immigrants who can buy properties outright come sporadically throughout the year, sometimes they buy even remotely. However, the bulk of immigrants do not come to Canada and start buying properties.. They search for jobs, rent out an affordable place, and then start their journey to save enough for a downpayment, i.e. if they are interested in home ownership at all.

P.S. Stop trolling.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7392 posts
4664 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Keep the comedy rolling folks - I'm enjoying the responses lol.
Sep 18, 2008
849 posts
206 upvotes
Woodbridge
Certainly OP has FBS
Mar 25, 2017
484 posts
258 upvotes
Most immigrants when they arrive are poor, it takes them years to be in a position before they could afford a property.
Banned
Oct 10, 2016
758 posts
333 upvotes
worldpositive wrote: Most immigrants when they arrive are poor, it takes them years to be in a position before they could afford a property.
Except in the GTA :facepalm: ....I can remember a guy that wouldnt buy a house because it had the number 4 in the adress in a thread not long ago...an apparently asian don't like number 4. Face With Tears Of Joy Seem like a lot of people are banking of immigrants to buy their houses.
Jun 3, 2017
173 posts
137 upvotes
gimegime wrote: If a immigrant not buying a house in Canada, I don’t see why our government gives them permanent resident.
Are you complaining about the past and current governments' immigration decision-making or are you trying to argue that issuance of a PR status should be predicated upon a purchase of a house? I think either one of those belongs in an immigration forum, not a real estate forum.
[OP]
Jan 4, 2013
578 posts
117 upvotes
TORONTO
I am complaining our government takes too less immigrants from countries that are real-estate friendly.

And we take too many poor immigrants

AnotherDesiredUsername wrote: Are you complaining about the past and current governments' immigration decision-making or are you trying to argue that issuance of a PR status should be predicated upon a purchase of a house? I think either one of those belongs in an immigration forum, not a real estate forum.