Real Estate

Locked: Which month of year do immigrant usually come to land in Toronto?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2018 2:40 pm
Mar 3, 2016
389 posts
249 upvotes
gimegime wrote: I am complaining our government takes too less immigrants from countries that are real-estate friendly.

And we take too many poor immigrants
What does that even mean?

As far as I know, economic immigrants have to proof to the federal government they have enough money to settle down and I believe this is around $15-20K depending on family size. The govt couldn't care less whether they have enough to buy a house or not which is actually not the purpose of the immigration policy (which is to bridge the skills gap rather than making Canadian property owners richer). You can cry as loud as you want but this is not going to change. AFAIK, I've seen mostly middle class people immigrating hoping to make more money in Canada but they are not bringing bags of cash with them.

Canada would not be the ideal destination for rich and high income immigrants since we are taxed to death in this country, from income tax, sales tax and property tax to the high cost of living and harsh winters. So taking "poor" immigrants may be the only choice the federal government has.
[OP]
Jan 4, 2013
578 posts
117 upvotes
TORONTO
I remember back in Harper time, when Jason Kenny was the immigration minister, we took a lot of investor class immigrants which has the threshold of 2 million in bank.

I think prince Edward island still have some provincial program that welcomes rich immigrants.

In fact, every year canada take 30k, international students in college level. Why can’t we issue permanent resident directly to those international students when they graduate?

I still see a lot of Waterloo international graduates struggling to get permanent resident, why not just give them directly?
Sam9876 wrote: What does that even mean?

As far as I know, economic immigrants have to proof to the federal government they have enough money to settle down and I believe this is around $15-20K depending on family size. The govt couldn't care less whether they have enough to buy a house or not which is actually not the purpose of the immigration policy (which is to bridge the skills gap rather than making Canadian property owners richer). You can cry as loud as you want but this is not going to change. AFAIK, I've seen mostly middle class people immigrating hoping to make more money in Canada but they are not bringing bags of cash with them.

Canada would not be the ideal destination for rich and high income immigrants since we are taxed to death in this country, from income tax, sales tax and property tax to the high cost of living and harsh winters. So taking "poor" immigrants may be the only choice the federal government has.
Mar 3, 2016
389 posts
249 upvotes
gimegime wrote: I remember back in Harper time, when Jason Kenny was the immigration minister, we took a lot of investor class immigrants which has the threshold of 2 million in bank.

I think prince Edward island still have some provincial program that welcomes rich immigrants.

In fact, every year canada take 30k, international students in college level. Why can’t we issue permanent resident directly to those international students when they graduate?

I still see a lot of Waterloo international graduates struggling to get permanent resident, why not just give them directly?
Maybe they want to live elsewhere and not in Canada. If they want to stay they will apply for PR. This is the process. You can't give PR until there is an application; it's not like giving candy.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
4192 posts
3676 upvotes
OP has yellow fever.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12356 posts
11240 upvotes
Ahhh duh call Immigration Canada.
Apr 29, 2017
283 posts
94 upvotes
OP I was talking to a legit foreigner client of mine today and was shocked to find out about a secret real estate pump and dump group scheme. They discuss a lot of great pump and dump schemes. They are mostly Asian members so I don't know if you would be interested. Only today I can gain you access to these groups. To gain access to this group you will need to e-transfer $500 to the leader. Her email is [email protected] and her name is Jenny Swan, or Ms Swan.
Mar 8, 2017
91 posts
71 upvotes
Mitts87 wrote: OP I was talking to a legit foreigner client of mine today and was shocked to find out about a secret real estate pump and dump group scheme. They discuss a lot of great pump and dump schemes. They are mostly Asian members so I don't know if you would be interested. Only today I can gain you access to these groups. To gain access to this group you will need to e-transfer $500 to the leader. Her email is [email protected] and her name is Jenny Swan, or Ms Swan.
good one Face With Tears Of Joy
[OP]
Jan 4, 2013
578 posts
117 upvotes
TORONTO
An Canadian name that can attract Asian customer? You are joking!

I don’t hire any Canadian born realtors, sorry!
Mitts87 wrote: OP I was talking to a legit foreigner client of mine today and was shocked to find out about a secret real estate pump and dump group scheme. They discuss a lot of great pump and dump schemes. They are mostly Asian members so I don't know if you would be interested. Only today I can gain you access to these groups. To gain access to this group you will need to e-transfer $500 to the leader. Her email is [email protected] and her name is Jenny Swan, or Ms Swan.
Apr 29, 2017
283 posts
94 upvotes
Ok we know this is a joke it has gone too far! I would accuse you of being racist.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2002
2603 posts
1218 upvotes
she'll tell you everyting
Nov 14, 2013
498 posts
160 upvotes
Brampton, Ontario
gimegime wrote: Just want to find a good timing to list out my property
Ask your parents, they were here before you first
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
9225 posts
10753 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Usually Smarch is best month.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2014
1093 posts
425 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
How has this thread not been locked yet?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5038 posts
4707 upvotes
GTA
RobertSmalls008 wrote: How has this thread not been locked yet?
Worry about upcoming snow.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2006
1503 posts
438 upvotes
RobertSmalls008 wrote: How has this thread not been locked yet?
Admin booked 3 houses in Milton and closing is coming up. This is valuable info here.