Montreal Canadiens Mega Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 8:37 am
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23188 posts
2327 upvotes
Singapore
shikotee wrote: The guy took out the captain for the opposing team.
Not fighting back is the right move. What he did there was terrible (intentional or not).
No one wishes that outcome on anyone.
I don't think you're fair to Perry. He was trying to get out of the way. Hockey is a physical game. I'm ok as long as it wasn't a dirty hit.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18179 posts
14175 upvotes
Toronto
shikotee wrote: Take those beats Perry, and STFU.....
shikotee wrote: The guy took out the captain for the opposing team.
Not fighting back is the right move. What he did there was terrible (intentional or not).
No one wishes that outcome on anyone.
There was nothing terrible about it other than terribly unlucky for Tavares, I hope he’s ok

Trainers did a crap job

And foligno is way bigger and tougher than Perry .

No need to fight there but Perry took it. He didn’t even throw even when foligno slipped

Go back to the leafs thread if you’re going to start that crap
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3579 posts
2985 upvotes
Markham
Swerny wrote: There was nothing terrible about it other than terribly unlucky for Tavares, I hope he’s ok

Trainers did a crap job

No need to fight there but Perry took it. He didn’t even throw even when foligno slipped

I 100% understand why Leaf fans are upset at Perry and if the same happened to us, we’d be upset also.

However, it did look accidental but at least Perry and Foligno took care of business and now the teams can move on.

I hope JT is alright. Never want to see a guy get hurt.

On a side note, looks like Staal is earning his keep.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23188 posts
2327 upvotes
Singapore
Swerny wrote: There was nothing terrible about it other than terribly unlucky for Tavares, I hope he’s ok

Trainers did a crap job

It didn't even look like Perry got much of a beating but he got it out of the way.

JT looked a bit unsettled as the trainers and doctors were trying to help him. I guess even he was freaking out.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10165 posts
8291 upvotes
Toronto
HDawg wrote: I 100% understand why Leaf fans are upset at Perry and if the same happened to us, we’d be upset also.

However, it did look accidental but at least Perry and Foligno took care of business and now the teams can move on.

I hope JT is alright. Never want to see a guy get hurt.

On a side note, looks like Staal is earning his keep.
Exactly.
I actually kinda respect Perry for not putting his heart into that fight.
The guy is friends with JT.
Taking the lumps is the right move, from my understanding of the unwritten code of the game.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2008
4117 posts
1216 upvotes
shikotee wrote: Exactly.
I actually kinda respect Perry for not putting his heart into that fight.
The guy is friends with JT.
Taking the lumps is the right move, from my understanding of the unwritten code of the game.
Meh. Maybe, if it was intentional or possibly intentional. But in this case it wasn’t even close. So Foligno was in the wrong.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10165 posts
8291 upvotes
Toronto
Awesome to see that Price has shaken off that rust.
The Habs have played a strong physical game, and he's totally been there when they've needed him to be.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Jan 11, 2012
291 posts
45 upvotes
Richmond Hill
One of the better SHG I have seen
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10165 posts
8291 upvotes
Toronto
baresi wrote: One of the better SHG I have seen
That was pretty remarkable.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23188 posts
2327 upvotes
Singapore
I'm surprised no one here is talking about Anderson. He came ready to play tonight.
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12388 posts
6570 upvotes
Vaughan
random pattern wrote: Meh. Maybe, if it was intentional or possibly intentional. But in this case it wasn’t even close. So Foligno was in the wrong.
We do have the benefit though of watching the replay over and over and over to understand clearly it was not intentional.

Foligno, might not have even seen the play that happened in high-speed. All he sees is his captain down on the ground.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3579 posts
2985 upvotes
Markham
Sgt_Strider wrote: I'm surprised no one here is talking about Anderson. He came ready to play tonight.
The Powerhorse came to play!

And like I said earlier, I wasn’t too concerned about Price and rust (I know I wrote what I wrote before his performance in Laval, LOL!).

Anyhow, lots of hockey left. Just hope the Habs can find ways to win.

Thoughts to JT and his family. I hope he’s ok and nothing lingering and long-term.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3579 posts
2985 upvotes
Markham
FWIW:

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18179 posts
14175 upvotes
Toronto
That’s one

He’s baaacccckk!
5B2EF287-0EA2-4B27-B16E-87FC34877EE5.jpeg
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15212 posts
4404 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Ashamedly, before the goal (obviously), I was wondering why Byron was even playing. Not that he was playing lousy or anything, but I thought one of the guys sitting out could do more. Oops, my bad :D .

Yeah, I agree that it was good that Perry didn't fight back. Obviously intentional.

FYI, Foligno is 6'0", 211 lbs. Perry is 6'3", 206 lbs. When they stood face-to-face, Perry looked bigger. Must have been the angle.

Was the hit intentional? Well, two guys who have played in the NHL (Bieksa and Hrudy) didn't think so, so no point in me giving my opinion :) .
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10165 posts
8291 upvotes
Toronto
kenchau wrote: We do have the benefit though of watching the replay over and over and over to understand clearly it was not intentional.

Foligno, might not have even seen the play that happened in high-speed. All he sees is his captain down on the ground.
Seeing or not seeing the play is not a factor, and the same goes with intentional or not.
The Captain was taken out by a knee to the head.
The guy might be done for who knows how long.
This demands retribution.
In this case, it was handled immediately by Foligno, who isn't even the top goon for the team.