18805 posts
6369 upvotes
Toronto

7% Off DoorDash eGift Cards - Flash Sale

Savings:
7%
Retailer:
Moola
For anyone that needs a refill, Moola just announced a "Flash Sale" for DoorDash eGift Cards ...

7% off $100 cards

Add them to your account as a credit balance for future purchases. Easy savings!

Open the Moola App for more details
RedFlagDeals Addict
10 replies
Sep 23, 2019
133 posts
180 upvotes
Door dash marks up prices? There was an additional $3.60 built into my usual order at the local Indian spot.
Mar 23, 2019
49 posts
30 upvotes
Dukesilver2000 wrote: Door dash marks up prices? There was an additional $3.60 built into my usual order at the local Indian spot.
All of the delivery apps mark up prices, due to merchant fees imposed on the restaurants. Unless you get 30%+ off, you’re better off picking up yourself if you’re trying to save. Otherwise, you’re paying for the convenience of delivery.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18805 posts
6369 upvotes
Toronto
There's been so many promos lately that they have offset the price of any fees.

I've got "free" food multiple times when I've ordered.

I'm not a big order food guy but time and place, this is how I do it now
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
5934 posts
2046 upvotes
Dukesilver2000 wrote: Door dash marks up prices? There was an additional $3.60 built into my usual order at the local Indian spot.
Doordash charges restaurants a fee, I believe 20% of every dollar from Doordash order goes to Doordash (I could be wrong, on Uber its 30%), so some restaurants increase their food delivery app prices, some restaurants don't.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9636 posts
62228 upvotes
Ontario
Not a hot deal at all.

Previously was 10% off. Now 7% off.
Just want to keep advertising here eh ;)
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18805 posts
6369 upvotes
Toronto
Thatdealguy wrote: Not a hot deal at all.

Previously was 10% off. Now 7% off.
Just want to keep advertising here eh ;)
Yes, because a deal is a deal.

Yes, 10% was hotter but if you blew through that money, maybe you need it.

I had $600 Winners and $600 Uber and I spent it all. I can imagine others have done this with their food apps.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Aug 8, 2011
136 posts
153 upvotes
Vancouver
Poutinesauce wrote: Stop encouraging these middlemen, they only lead to raised prices and making life miserable for restaurants. It's literally contributing to destroying the local economy for no benefit.
They provide a value added service rather than just being a middle man. They offer delivery at restaurants that don't have their own service and/or don't have online ordering capabilities. It's also a form of advertising. Plenty of restaurants I would have never discovered if it wasn't for the apps or restaurants that don't have a website/online menu.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2012
1298 posts
421 upvotes
Barrie
Poutinesauce wrote: Stop encouraging these middlemen, they only lead to raised prices and making life miserable for restaurants. It's literally contributing to destroying the local economy for no benefit.
Why don't all of these restaurants have their own delivery drivers then instead of piggybacking off the service of another provider?

Restaurants can't have it both ways.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18805 posts
6369 upvotes
Toronto
If the restaurants don't want to participate, they don't have to. But they also miss out on this huge segment of the market. I can't tell you the last time I picked up an order form for delivery. I haven't.

I'm literally ordering pizza as we speak from a fancy shop as opposed to delivery from Pizza Hut or Pizza Pizza. Can't remember the last time I called them either.

At work, there's tons of orders coming in. If you aren't in the app, you aren't getting our business, it's that simple. So do you want a little of something or nothing at all?

$31 for a single pizza, win them
RedFlagDeals Addict