Expired Hot Deals

[Moola] Gift card sale (20% off for Esso, Walmart)

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2020 1:11 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
2477 posts
1688 upvotes
Ontario
juve4lfe wrote: Looks like Moola has their Black Friday promos up which include sportchek, American eagles and foot locker...not really interested in any of thoses so I guess my wallet is safe
Thx. Perfect timing with Sport Chek to combine with the Triangle VIP sale.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 31, 2005
1374 posts
256 upvotes
Quebec City
juve4lfe wrote: Looks like Moola has their Black Friday promos up which include sportchek, American eagles and foot locker...not really interested in any of thoses so I guess my wallet is safe
We can see Walmart in the Black Friday deals banner. I guess it's coming later ;)

Edit: There's a 5$ deal on Walmart gift card actually, but they had this one in October as well... I hope it's not the "Black Friday" deal for this one.
Sr. Member
Feb 27, 2010
547 posts
302 upvotes
TIPIT wrote: We can see Walmart in the Black Friday deals banner. I guess it's coming later ;)

Edit: There's a 5$ deal on Walmart gift card actually, but they had this one in October as well... I hope it's not the "Black Friday" deal for this one.
I hope it’s better but we’ll see
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 16, 2004
18803 posts
6363 upvotes
Toronto
There's a few listed but OOS

Walmart 5%
Starbucks 5%
Etc ...

SportChek for 20% on a $200 card is pretty good IMO
Not for me personally but ...
RedFlagDeals Addict
Member
Oct 8, 2018
271 posts
284 upvotes
GenericMember wrote: You can do ispu and then change the method of payment on pickup
Hi @GenericMember ,

In case I apply any coupon during my online order and pay with credit card for in-store pickup (ISPU); will the coupon be still applicable during ISPU, if the store associate or manager changes the method of payment to a gift card + CC (CC for the remainder payment, above the gift card value)

Does anyone else have any experience with the same ?
Thanks in advance
Sr. Member
Sep 8, 2006
885 posts
543 upvotes
Edmonton
Tried to use my esso giftcards from the previous promotion and when I open the app, it has no barcode or #s. Sent a message through the app for help but no reply yet.
Sr. Member
Sep 10, 2017
971 posts
520 upvotes
Simby wrote: Tried to use my esso giftcards from the previous promotion and when I open the app, it has no barcode or #s. Sent a message through the app for help but no reply yet.
Did you updated the app? there was an update a couple of nights ago. if that doesnt help.Drop them an email and they will respond within 24-48 hours. I know its slow especially when you need to use the GC and you cant and this doesnt help but your money is safe, they will fix it for you.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 16, 2012
1284 posts
780 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
Esso egift card oddity?

So I've noticed on my $200 card it doesn't show the correct remaining balance on the pump receipt yet if I check on registered esso gift cards site it is correct. Also noticed last 4 digits gift card balance on receipt doesn't match egift.

Any idea what is happening here some kind of pre-authorization hold perhaps?
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
Sr. Member
Jan 9, 2014
688 posts
386 upvotes
Toronto
canucks4life wrote: Esso egift card oddity?

So I've noticed on my $200 card it doesn't show the correct remaining balance on the pump receipt yet if I check on registered esso gift cards site it is correct. Also noticed last 4 digits gift card balance on receipt doesn't match egift.

Any idea what is happening here some kind of pre-authorization hold perhaps?
The pump preauth 150$, thats why it says balance of $120 when you only used 30$.
Also, it is known that ESSO GC number we see (and use to check balance) and the barcode that scans are different.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 24, 2017
5200 posts
3668 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: There's a few listed but OOS

Walmart 5%
Starbucks 5%
Etc ...

SportChek for 20% on a $200 card is pretty good IMO
Not for me personally but ...
I just took advantage of the moola sport chek promo and saved 20% on a new Apple Watch Series 6!!
📱 Telus: $30/25GB Peace of Mind Plan + 1000 International minutes
🎁 Moola: 25% bonus on everyday essentials (Walmart, Esso and Uber Eats)
💳 Credit card combo (2.5 - 10% return): AmEx + CIBC
Jr. Member
Mar 27, 2012
183 posts
74 upvotes
BRAMPTON
Its been more than 7 days now. I am still getting the msg "You have reached the limit if 1 per customer". So Molla changed it this time.. they do not allow me to buy second card in same promotion with 20% off. Any comments/if someone can confirm this pls.....
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 16, 2004
18803 posts
6363 upvotes
Toronto
mkaura wrote: Its been more than 7 days now. I am still getting the msg "You have reached the limit if 1 per customer". So Molla changed it this time.. they do not allow me to buy second card in same promotion with 20% off. Any comments/if someone can confirm this pls.....
We were commenting in the active thread (this is expired from a previous promotion) that some cards seem to have a "1 per account" setting while it use to be 1 per week.
Moola commented as well I believe ...
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 17, 2003
8624 posts
1084 upvotes
IamTHEvilONE wrote: I'm seeing the same with mine wifi or not.

Do you happen to be on an AT&T plan by chance? that's one unique thing about my phone/sim ... is that the area code is nowhere around where I live.
Were you ever able to resolve this? We have a Esim with Fido and a physical sim with AT&T. I have to turn off the AT&T sim for deals to show up. If the AT&T sim is active, the Location Services ICON shows up in the market place.

I sent MoolaCanada a private message about. obviously there is something wrong with their coding, regarding location services. Hopefully they acknowledge and find a solution.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
1138 posts
324 upvotes
Yes, I'm on an att plan.

Depending on where I am, as long as my cell shows roaming, moola usually works.

I wonder if it's based off of the ip for the LTE card, which would be Texas in most cases.
If my post has helped you out, gimme a thumbs up! Buy/Sell/Trade with Confidence!

BST Feedback: 100% Positive on RFD, Heatware, eBay 50-0-0 (closed 2017-08-29), and I use to manage a AT&T Group Plan.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 17, 2003
8624 posts
1084 upvotes
IamTHEvilONE wrote: Yes, I'm on an att plan.

Depending on where I am, as long as my cell shows roaming, moola usually works.

I wonder if it's based off of the ip for the LTE card, which would be Texas in most cases.
That's interesting, and thanks for the follow up.

Top