Expired Hot Deals

[Moola] Gift card sale (20% off for Esso, Walmart)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2020 9:49 am
Jun 25, 2017
473 posts
169 upvotes
VertigoM wrote: As in the refund is still pending? I find it hard to believe that after admitting they gave the card to the wrong person that they would refuse a refund. But if so then chargeback is an option.
I haven’t heard back from them yet. I understand there are a ton of people they are dealing with but it feels like they are a Mickey Mouse operation.

It takes about 2-3 days to hear back from them on a average. Very frustrating.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1046 posts
494 upvotes
Master2031 wrote: I haven’t heard back from them yet. I understand there are a ton of people they are dealing with but it feels like they are a Mickey Mouse operation.

It takes about 2-3 days to hear back from them on a average. Very frustrating.
ymmv but only took me about 8 hours to hear back from them and its saturday today (unrelated issue)
My guess is for refunds/issuing new gift cards they need authorization and that person probably is just busy..
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18358 posts
5694 upvotes
Toronto
Master2031 wrote: Hey all

Be careful with this ... this whole thing is a borderline scam.....

Ordered a Walmart gift card sept 13 and still don’t have access to the card.

Got the confirmation email two days ago but Nothing in my app wallet. I emailed and attempted to chat with them and they finally emailed back 4 days later.

Found out they gave my card to another user. Unacceptable.

Might be a one off but so far their customer service is brutal.

Again I know a lot of people will say who cares and one less person to deal with but in my opinion this is not worth the hassle.

Good luck to all
I'm sure something like this takes time to verify. After being this vocal with RFD users, I don't sense they will flake on you, just give them time. Yes, it's a mickey mouse operation (as you said) - it's a small app company dealing with RFD volume.

You are probably into the inner workings of Moola (approving a card at a time). Sounds like and would hope it's one off. This isn't a story we have read about thus far and suspect they will refund you the amount once they have completed their own investigation.

You are claiming something, now they have to verify that's true. I'd just say stay on them but give them the time as well.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Oct 8, 2018
245 posts
265 upvotes
Walmart 100 and 200 up now. go go go

UPDATE 1- Esso 200 is gone.. 100 is still available
Dec 20, 2018
31 posts
10 upvotes
Any way to get a notification when it restocks?
Jun 25, 2017
473 posts
169 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: I'm sure something like this takes time to verify. After being this vocal with RFD users, I don't sense they will flake on you, just give them time. Yes, it's a mickey mouse operation (as you said) - it's a small app company dealing with RFD volume.

You are probably into the inner workings of Moola (approving a card at a time). Sounds like and would hope it's one off. This isn't a story we have read about thus far and suspect they will refund you the amount once they have completed their own investigation.

You are claiming something, now they have to verify that's true. I'd just say stay on them but give them the time as well.
Yup , I’ll keep everyone posted
Deal Addict
May 20, 2009
1310 posts
779 upvotes
Mississauga
Master2031 wrote: Yup , I’ll keep everyone posted
Had an issue with them once, and they handled it very professional, the result is better than I expected.
Just give them some time and they might surprise you.
PM $13/30 days, 250MB with unlimited incoming/30d
Zoomer $36/mo, 5GB 800 minutes
Carrytel cable internet, 75M/10M unltd, $40/30d
Jun 13, 2019
584 posts
596 upvotes
Toronto
Master2031 wrote: Hey all

Be careful with this ... this whole thing is a borderline scam.....

Ordered a Walmart gift card sept 13 and still don’t have access to the card.

Got the confirmation email two days ago but Nothing in my app wallet. I emailed and attempted to chat with them and they finally emailed back 4 days later.

Found out they gave my card to another user. Unacceptable.

Might be a one off but so far their customer service is brutal.

Again I know a lot of people will say who cares and one less person to deal with but in my opinion this is not worth the hassle.

Good luck to all
Not exactly.. they are bit new and short of manpower. I know it's not an excuse you'd like to hear but that's the reality. I also messed up by ordering the gift card and then deleting the account. I tried creating a new account with same email ID, but their system assigned new user ID and everything got messed up. Fortunately they investigated and handed over the gift card after validating everything. So your case seems to be one-off.. Give a try one more time, the promo is ending tomorrow..