Expired Hot Deals

[Moola] Gift card sale (20% off for Esso, Walmart)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2020 9:49 am
Dec 11, 2008
720 posts
125 upvotes
NL
Is Moola calling ppl confirming information?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2908 posts
1501 upvotes
Mississauga
@moolacanada

Can you help out? Placed 3 orders last week, and 2 of them show cancelled in my order history but pending in my wallet.

Msg in order status says: verification failed. Check email for details

Never received an email from moola and I sent an enquiry through the app with no response.

Need help
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18398 posts
5802 upvotes
Toronto
mau_mau wrote: @moolacanada

Can you help out? Placed 3 orders last week, and 2 of them show cancelled in my order history but pending in my wallet.

Msg in order status says: verification failed. Check email for details

Never received an email from moola and I sent an enquiry through the app with no response.

Need help
They are dead, they just haven't removed themselves from the wallet. The true "teller" is in the order history. It's cancelled, it's done.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2908 posts
1501 upvotes
Mississauga
DaVibe wrote: They are dead, they just haven't removed themselves from the wallet. The true "teller" is in the order history. It's cancelled, it's done.
Damn, wonder why they were cancelled. I sent an inquiry, hoping they get back to me
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18398 posts
5802 upvotes
Toronto
mau_mau wrote: Damn, wonder why they were cancelled. I sent an inquiry, hoping they get back to me
Took too long, you have the 120 hour window or so and then they just die. I've seen this happen. I'm not sure of the REAL reasons behind it.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2908 posts
1501 upvotes
Mississauga
DaVibe wrote: Took too long, you have the 120 hour window or so and then they just die. I've seen this happen. I'm not sure of the REAL reasons behind it.
Window? Was I supposed to do something in that 120hr window? Lol

Placed orders on Sep 17, 18 and 20. 17, 18 show up as cancelled now. Didn't get any email notification to do anything after the orders were placed. Weird.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18398 posts
5802 upvotes
Toronto
mau_mau wrote: Window? Was I supposed to do something in that 120hr window? Lol

Placed orders on Sep 17, 18 and 20. 17, 18 show up as cancelled now. Didn't get any email notification to do anything after the orders were placed. Weird.
No sorry, I was worried it would sound that way.

The deals say it can take up to 120 hours ... Seems like Moola has to process it in that time, but I've had it where nothing happens and the cards die (like yours).

It seems to happen to new users more than older. Maybe 1 or 2 purchases are good and then the rest are like this - failing. This was also a huge promo so they were behind, it could have been related to that.

It's on Moola, not you. They may say it's due to info not matching (phone number to credit card).
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2908 posts
1501 upvotes
Mississauga
DaVibe wrote: No sorry, I was worried it would sound that way.

The deals say it can take up to 120 hours ... Seems like Moola has to process it in that time, but I've had it where nothing happens and the cards die (like yours).

It seems to happen to new users more than older. Maybe 1 or 2 purchases are good and then the rest are like this - failing. This was also a huge promo so they were behind, it could have been related to that.

It's on Moola, not you. They may say it's due to info not matching (phone number to credit card).
Thanks for the info.

It's a shame, spent $500 on orders. We'll see if any actually get through.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18398 posts
5802 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry for the bad news.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Banned
Jul 29, 2020
13 posts
4 upvotes
My 2 gift cards 100 Esso and 100 Walmart still in pending status? What should I do? Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
9116 posts
493 upvotes
Toronto
jeansmith wrote: My 2 gift cards 100 Esso and 100 Walmart still in pending status? What should I do? Thanks!
wait...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2008
1120 posts
209 upvotes
spy cl wrote: nope, it's different, you have to register via here: https://giftcards.esso.ca/create-account
what happens in the card registration?
Is the card tied to your name and/or email and/or speedpass? how can it be protected/reimbursed if stolen?
what if i decide to gift the card to my cousin by giving him the barcode and pin, will it work for him?
Deal Addict
May 20, 2009
1310 posts
779 upvotes
Mississauga
jeansmith wrote: My 2 gift cards 100 Esso and 100 Walmart still in pending status? What should I do? Thanks!
Contact them using the app. If 3 days passed still no confirmation, I will do that.
My longest waiting time is more than 4 days though.
PM $13/30 days, 250MB with unlimited incoming/30d
Zoomer $36/mo, 5GB 800 minutes
Carrytel cable internet, 75M/10M unltd, $40/30d

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)