Expired Hot Deals

[Moola] Gift card sale (20% off for Esso, Walmart)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2020 1:11 pm
Feb 25, 2014
14 posts
10 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Thats really frustrating. Was checking for ESSO 200 GCs all week and the moment it became available and I clicked on it, the app crashed. When I restarted, it was gone. No longer chasing them
Feb 25, 2014
14 posts
10 upvotes
Burlington, ON
ESSO cards were available 5 mins ago
Oct 8, 2018
269 posts
283 upvotes
Just saw few walmart gift cards popup.

@moolacanada - was there any new loads in the last 30 mi
And any more refreshs left for today ?

I see a revamped layout in the app too. Looks great, easy acceas to popular deals now.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
5196 posts
3665 upvotes
Don't see any $200 Walmart cards dropped.
📱 Telus: $30/25GB Peace of Mind Plan + 1000 International minutes
🎁 Moola: 25% bonus on everyday essentials (Walmart, Esso and Uber Eats)
💳 Credit card combo (2.5 - 10% return): AmEx + CIBC
Oct 8, 2018
269 posts
283 upvotes
EdisonL299 wrote: Don't see any $200 Walmart cards dropped.
I saw 1 Walmart 200 card being available, but couldn't buy. I think it was already gone.

The re-load did happen, doesn't matter now if you didnt get it. Hope @moolacanada can help us and give us some headsup for prepping up in advance.
Feb 27, 2010
547 posts
302 upvotes
I can’t buy anything unless they fix the esso fiasco which sucks cause I was ready to buy more gift cards
Feb 18, 2006
191 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
juve4lfe wrote: I can’t buy anything unless they fix the esso fiasco which sucks cause I was ready to buy more gift cards
lol ya cant believe they are releasing new ones when so many recent ones didn't work
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2006
1423 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
Got an email from Moola saying:
Thanks for your recent purchase. But unfortunately, we had to cancel your order because we couldn’t verify one or more pieces of information needed to approve it.
We haven’t charged you for the order so no worries.
My credit card info is definitely correct though--anyone else run into this issue?
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18756 posts
6339 upvotes
Toronto
ezbzq wrote: lol ya cant believe they are releasing new ones when so many recent ones didn't work
It's the weekend and clearly Moola doesn't operate as they do during the week. I'd wait until next week when this issue will be resolved.

Those cards have been alright - many users have used them. Something happened in a recent update.

I'm sure they are reading these messages loud and clear and working on the issue. In the meantime, other cards will continue to work, just as they have.

I think we just need time of this issue, that's all. It's a long weekend.
mizermalice wrote: Got an email from Moola saying:

My credit card info is definitely correct though--anyone else run into this issue?
Yes
juve4lfe wrote: I can’t buy anything unless they fix the esso fiasco which sucks cause I was ready to buy more gift cards
They will. It was fine before, this seems to have popped up in the last day.

At 2:18 today, they said they are working on it
Last edited by DaVibe on Sep 5th, 2020 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Sep 5, 2017
130 posts
18 upvotes
halifax
How can I use Walmart Gift card at online (Walmart.ca)
all the gift cards I have bought have changed card number which is longer than supposed to be and which can not use at Walmart online.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18756 posts
6339 upvotes
Toronto
Sounghoe wrote: How can I use Walmart Gift card at online (Walmart.ca)
all the gift cards I have bought have changed card number which is longer than supposed to be and which can not use at Walmart online.
Only enter the last 16 digits?
RedFlagDeals Addict
Oct 8, 2018
269 posts
283 upvotes

Did you try chatting with them and/ or sending an email. May be sometimes the user follow-up might help i guess.
Sep 3, 2009
703 posts
380 upvotes
Calgary

Same here, they cancelled my order and told me my phone number is not matching my credit card information, but I check the credit card profile, it's the same phone number I gave them.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18756 posts
6339 upvotes
Toronto
zywan0124 wrote: Same here, they cancelled my order and told me my phone number is not matching my credit card information, but I check the credit card profile, it's the same phone number I gave them.
There's difficulties with the first purchase (without Apple pay). Try again, hopefully you are verified with a phone call or the transaction is approved.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Oct 24, 2011
972 posts
766 upvotes
SURREY
$250 Esso card available but let me check out. Managed to check out for three other cards but for some reason I think this is Phantom stock
If it’s not at least 50% off is it really a deal?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1355 posts
683 upvotes
Toronto
DjRags604 wrote: $250 Esso card available but let me check out. Managed to check out for three other cards but for some reason I think this is Phantom stock
Or from the orderes that didn't go through due to verification issues.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9613 posts
61248 upvotes
Ontario
moolacanada wrote:
We’re investigating this. Are there any other users with this issue as well?
ezbzq wrote: lol ya cant believe they are releasing new ones when so many recent ones didn't work
Moola replied at 2 AM Vancouver time on Saturday, Sept 5. The user above said they don't work on the weekends but Moola did reply at 2AM.
That user sure knows a lot about the company and what they will and will not do.

Who replied to us on RFD? is it the owner? Normally, big companies don't work on the weekends and won't even reply at 2AM.

hmmmmmmmm

Just wait a bit until Monday. I'm sure Moola will fix the issue. They usually fix the problems within several days. quite helpful
Last edited by Thatdealguy on Sep 5th, 2020 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2006
1423 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
iris11 wrote: Did you try chatting with them and/ or sending an email. May be sometimes the user follow-up might help i guess.
Yeah I was on live chat and rep told me to wait for verification.... then got email saying verification failed lol