Expired Hot Deals

[Moola] Gift card sale (20% off for Esso, Walmart)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2020 1:11 pm
Sep 20, 2010
42 posts
84 upvotes
Mississauga
Both Walmart and Esso are OOS for me
Oct 24, 2011
977 posts
767 upvotes
SURREY
Just a reminder, Chapters/Indigo is having a 20% off sale for educators this weekend so if you have a teacher in your life the Indigo card can go pretty far today and tomorrow. Usual restrictions (electronics/top brands) but still good for that early Christmas shopping.
If it’s not at least 50% off is it really a deal?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9633 posts
61998 upvotes
Ontario
@moola new feature?
Now with a timer so we don’t need to check every hour?

That’s a nice feature
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1713 posts
1096 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry i know this is covered already but too lazy to go through 100 pages for the answer.

Does the 7 day cool off period apply to the store or specific dollar amount? If I buy $100 esso now can I buy $200 esso or do I still need to wait 7 days?
Apr 30, 2012
92 posts
270 upvotes
Toronto
VertigoM wrote: Sorry i know this is covered already but too lazy to go through 100 pages for the answer.

Does the 7 day cool off period apply to the store or specific dollar amount? If I buy $100 esso now can I buy $200 esso or do I still need to wait 7 days?
It’s per promo amount. I bought a $100 and $200 Walmart GCs in a day span
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13268 posts
3636 upvotes
Scarberia
it says 38hrs, that means that the next time it goes in stock?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jun 13, 2019
636 posts
648 upvotes
Toronto
mikka2017 wrote: it says 38hrs, that means that the next time it goes in stock?
I think, it's promo expiry timer..
Jun 13, 2019
636 posts
648 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: Can you buy other gift cards with Walmart gift cards?
https://www.walmart.ca/en/help/gift-cards#GiftCardStore
Q: Can I purchase another type of gift card in store with my Walmart Canada Gift Card?

A: Unfortunately, you cannot use a Walmart Canada Gift Card to purchase any third party gift cards that are available in store. This includes Prepaid Visa or Mastercard, iTunes, Google Play, McDonalds, LCBO, etc.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2017
1832 posts
3923 upvotes
109 pages and no thread summary please help.

Do you need to make an account in the app to purchase the gift cards?

Do you need to use the app to redeem the gift cards in store or online? Eg. If my wife has the app on her phone but I want to use a gift card at a store is this possible.

Thanks.
Sep 7, 2014
403 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
Krime1k wrote: 109 pages and no thread summary please help.

Do you need to make an account in the app to purchase the gift cards?

Do you need to use the app to redeem the gift cards in store or online? Eg. If my wife has the app on her phone but I want to use a gift card at a store is this possible.

Thanks.
yes

typically no. depends on which gc
AMEX | Chase Bank | Cross-border Banking
AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data
Public Mobile: talk & text
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7945 posts
3967 upvotes
Thanks to @TIPIT I learned about registering my Esso gift cards so hopefully I won't run into problems using the gift cards by other family members via the Speedpass app if we use them at different times.

I am also wondering if there is a way to protect our Walmart gift cards. I searched on the internet but did not find anything on this.

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1883 posts
1410 upvotes
choclover wrote: Thanks to @TIPIT I learned about registering my Esso gift cards so hopefully I won't run into problems using the gift cards by other family members via the Speedpass app if we use them at different times.

I am also wondering if there is a way to protect our Walmart gift cards. I searched on the internet but did not find anything on this.

Thanks.
Where exactly do you register the esso cards? Can you share the link? Tia
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1357 posts
683 upvotes
Toronto
JaiKor wrote: Here's my work around for walmart.

Order some random stuff online and use gift cards (max 4 cards). Cancel the order immediately and they will email you new gift card right away with all balance combined. So fresh gift card and balance verified.
This may help you somewhat. I haven't found a way to register and secure Walmart cards so far.
choclover wrote: Thanks to @TIPIT I learned about registering my Esso gift cards so hopefully I won't run into problems using the gift cards by other family members via the Speedpass app if we use them at different times.

Thanks.
Jun 25, 2017
677 posts
289 upvotes
Hey all

Be careful with this ... this whole thing is a borderline scam.....

Ordered a Walmart gift card sept 13 and still don’t have access to the card.

Got the confirmation email two days ago but Nothing in my app wallet. I emailed and attempted to chat with them and they finally emailed back 4 days later.

Found out they gave my card to another user. Unacceptable.

Might be a one off but so far their customer service is brutal.

Again I know a lot of people will say who cares and one less person to deal with but in my opinion this is not worth the hassle.

Good luck to all
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1713 posts
1096 upvotes
Toronto
Master2031 wrote: Hey all

Be careful with this ... this whole thing is a borderline scam.....

Ordered a Walmart gift card sept 13 and still don’t have access to the card.

Got the confirmation email two days ago but Nothing in my app wallet. I emailed and attempted to chat with them and they finally emailed back 4 days later.

Found out they gave my card to another user. Unacceptable.

Might be a one off but so far their customer service is brutal.

Again I know a lot of people will say who cares and one less person to deal with but in my opinion this is not worth the hassle.

Good luck to all
Did you get a refund?