Expired Hot Deals

Moola

Gift card sale (20% off for Esso, Walmart)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2021 6:02 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2012
1552 posts
1100 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
unlocknow wrote: Does anyone know if you have multiple gift cards on the speedpass+ app, does it move on to the next gift card after the balance from one is depleted?
I think so you can select which one to be used default eg $20 bonus
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
2273 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
JaiKor wrote: order stuff on WM online. Use upto 4 gcs max and submit. Cancel order and they will revert combined balance to one GC to your email. So fresh gc with all balances combined.
when you get the fresh gift card, do you store in Moola's app or UGO's app or just show that email each time you pay in store?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1913 posts
1226 upvotes
Toronto
spy cl wrote: when you get the fresh gift card, do you store in Moola's app or UGO's app or just show that email each time you pay in store?
Google pay.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
2273 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
JaiKor wrote: Google pay.
I see so you are able to scan the bar code from that refund gift card and load to Good Pay wallet? cause I try to scan the bar code, it wouldn't work for both Moola or UGO's app.
Oct 23, 2013
197 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
canucks4life wrote: I think so you can select which one to be used default eg $20 bonus
Sorry, to clarify, let's say I have selected the $20 gift card as default payment method (and I also have the $100 gift card in the app) and gas up for $50, will it automatically deplete the full $20 from the first gift card and then move on to deduct $30 from the $100 gift card? Or am I only allowed to gas up to $20 and set a new transaction in order to use the $100 gift card?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
2100 posts
1697 upvotes
Ottawa
unlocknow wrote: Sorry, to clarify, let's say I have selected the $20 gift card as default payment method (and I also have the $100 gift card in the app) and gas up for $50, will it automatically deplete the full $20 from the first gift card and then move on to deduct $30 from the $100 gift card? Or am I only allowed to gas up to $20 and set a new transaction in order to use the $100 gift card?
No it will not move between gift cards. It will only authorize the pump up to the amount left on the current gift card selected as default payment method
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
2273 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
alright i am done converting all Moola Walmart gift cards to new gift cards from Walmart.ca, took few hours to get it done, but it's all good.

Tried to add the cards to UGO, won't work, so I added few back to Moola. the bar code from the email won't scan so I have to manually key in the number, hope it going to work in store and self check out
Nov 7, 2016
409 posts
289 upvotes
spy cl wrote: what kind stuff we can order that's exactly $50 after tax so you can cancel the order and get back with $50 new gift card?
Don’t be afraid to pay a little amount with CC. If you cancel within 10 minutes then your CC is not charged
Nov 7, 2016
409 posts
289 upvotes
spy cl wrote: You have to register your gift card with esso so you are safe! Ppl mentioned few pages back, I’ve done that as well.
Does adding them to speed pass register them?
Dec 11, 2008
751 posts
138 upvotes
NL
Is Moola calling ppl confirming information?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
3194 posts
1831 upvotes
Mississauga
@moolacanada

Can you help out? Placed 3 orders last week, and 2 of them show cancelled in my order history but pending in my wallet.

Msg in order status says: verification failed. Check email for details

Never received an email from moola and I sent an enquiry through the app with no response.

Need help
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
22736 posts
10555 upvotes
Toronto
mau_mau wrote: @moolacanada

Can you help out? Placed 3 orders last week, and 2 of them show cancelled in my order history but pending in my wallet.

Msg in order status says: verification failed. Check email for details

Never received an email from moola and I sent an enquiry through the app with no response.

Need help
They are dead, they just haven't removed themselves from the wallet. The true "teller" is in the order history. It's cancelled, it's done.
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
3194 posts
1831 upvotes
Mississauga
DaVibe wrote: They are dead, they just haven't removed themselves from the wallet. The true "teller" is in the order history. It's cancelled, it's done.
Damn, wonder why they were cancelled. I sent an inquiry, hoping they get back to me
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
22736 posts
10555 upvotes
Toronto
mau_mau wrote: Damn, wonder why they were cancelled. I sent an inquiry, hoping they get back to me
Took too long, you have the 120 hour window or so and then they just die. I've seen this happen. I'm not sure of the REAL reasons behind it.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
3194 posts
1831 upvotes
Mississauga
DaVibe wrote: Took too long, you have the 120 hour window or so and then they just die. I've seen this happen. I'm not sure of the REAL reasons behind it.
Window? Was I supposed to do something in that 120hr window? Lol

Placed orders on Sep 17, 18 and 20. 17, 18 show up as cancelled now. Didn't get any email notification to do anything after the orders were placed. Weird.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
22736 posts
10555 upvotes
Toronto
mau_mau wrote: Window? Was I supposed to do something in that 120hr window? Lol

Placed orders on Sep 17, 18 and 20. 17, 18 show up as cancelled now. Didn't get any email notification to do anything after the orders were placed. Weird.
No sorry, I was worried it would sound that way.

The deals say it can take up to 120 hours ... Seems like Moola has to process it in that time, but I've had it where nothing happens and the cards die (like yours).

It seems to happen to new users more than older. Maybe 1 or 2 purchases are good and then the rest are like this - failing. This was also a huge promo so they were behind, it could have been related to that.

It's on Moola, not you. They may say it's due to info not matching (phone number to credit card).
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
3194 posts
1831 upvotes
Mississauga
DaVibe wrote: No sorry, I was worried it would sound that way.

The deals say it can take up to 120 hours ... Seems like Moola has to process it in that time, but I've had it where nothing happens and the cards die (like yours).

It seems to happen to new users more than older. Maybe 1 or 2 purchases are good and then the rest are like this - failing. This was also a huge promo so they were behind, it could have been related to that.

It's on Moola, not you. They may say it's due to info not matching (phone number to credit card).
Thanks for the info.

It's a shame, spent $500 on orders. We'll see if any actually get through.