Expired Hot Deals

[Moola] Gift Card Sales (Esso, Indigo, Walmart, Uber and more at 80%)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2021 12:20 pm
Jan 9, 2014
702 posts
391 upvotes
Toronto
Esso gc from moola didn’t work when I let the cashier scan it?
Anyone know why? I know you gotta call moola for a different card number if you want to add to speed pass. I tongijt if you use in store it was ok?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2016
1941 posts
3362 upvotes
Toronto
Pharmer wrote: Esso gc from moola didn’t work when I let the cashier scan it?
Anyone know why? I know you gotta call moola for a different card number if you want to add to speed pass. I tongijt if you use in store it was ok?
I was able to just add to speedpass without problem. Maybe try speed pass? They did have problems before, but now it worked for me and another guy in this thread
Jan 9, 2014
702 posts
391 upvotes
Toronto
LarryT778370 wrote: I was able to just add to speedpass without problem. Maybe try speed pass? They did have problems before, but now it worked for me and another guy in this thread
Thanks for the tip, yah I was able to add them to speed pass jsut now.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18858 posts
6441 upvotes
Toronto
Pharmer wrote: Esso gc from moola didn’t work when I let the cashier scan it?
But if you don't add them, they should work as well, no?
Not sure why that happened, my understanding is it should have worked.

I've been buying them for a family member who's going to use them straight. Or at least that was the plan.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Aug 17, 2020
133 posts
535 upvotes
LarryT778370 wrote: And Kudos for moola on getting the stock level displayed. At least, it will avoid confusion and order cancellation
Thank you for the Kudos. We're still learning the best way to release new stock since it gets purchased so quickly. We have spent the past day fulfilling all pending orders that got back logged since Sunday and we will start staging new stock through time intervals tomorrow morning to give everyone the best opportunity to participate in the deals and for a better experience. We appreciate everyone's patience while we are trying to improve and figure this out.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
5021 posts
2189 upvotes
Well it seems everything is going a little smoother now, purchases went through.

I am wondering what the business model is though?

I have a feeling that this is some sort of marketing program with one of the companies that have gift cards in the app.

I have a feeling that it's with Esso/Mobil and that other cards are more or less offered up in the guise of being independent.

I think this because this is the best deal for a commodity type product and they have had a steady flow of the cards.

Compare this with another card that is just as popular that sold out immediately but has not seen a restock.

I am thinking that the Esso cards will not run out. Or rather they won't until the marketing budget for this campaign runs out. Let's hope the budget is big.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18858 posts
6441 upvotes
Toronto
I love that you guys are now updating this thread with stock counts on the popular gift cards, thank you. For those subscribed to this thread, maybe we'll be able to get stock.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Aug 7, 2019
57 posts
53 upvotes
EwanMoola wrote: Our first step is to fulfill all existing orders. So if your order says "pending", we are working diligently to do all the necessary security validations before we process those orders.

Our next step is to add more inventory to the app and switch the deals back on, which may take a day or so. Our Back to School promo runs until September 22nd, so there's still plenty of time in case you missed out over the weekend when the campaign launched.

If your order was rejected, it may be a result of the information your provided not matching what is your credit card statement. For your protection, we do verify all purchases that go through so that is one common reason that would prevent us from processing your order.

Thanks for your patience and support, we appreciate it!
Hi Ewan. I appreciate your help and suggestions. I have placed 3 prior orders that were all canceled due to verification issues. I have placed new orders and still waiting for my payment to be verified. I sent you a PM if you can help. Thanks.
Aug 17, 2020
133 posts
535 upvotes
RFDLife wrote: Hi Ewan. I appreciate your help and suggestions. I have placed 3 prior orders that were all canceled due to verification issues. I have placed new orders and still waiting for my payment to be verified. I sent you a PM if you can help. Thanks.
Thanks for reaching out to us. You've been verified and your orders are on their way.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
5205 posts
3673 upvotes
moolacanada wrote: Thanks for reaching out to us. You've been verified and your orders are on their way.
Hello, the Walmart gift card deal is back but when I tried to order, it said "Sorry, the deal you are trying to view is no longer active. Please try a different deal".
Can you please fix the bug?

Thanks.
📱 Telus: $30/25GB Peace of Mind Plan + 1000 International minutes
🎁 Moola: 25% bonus on everyday essentials (Walmart, Esso and Uber Eats)
💳 Credit card combo (2.5 - 10% return): AmEx + Scotiabank + CIBC
Aug 7, 2019
57 posts
53 upvotes
To Moola Canada Support Team and to Ewan.....Thank you for all your help. To everyone else, if you are having issues with your order or need help with the verification process, reach out to them as they are super helpful.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
2138 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto
EdisonL299 wrote: Hello, the Walmart gift card deal is back but when I tried to order, it said "Sorry, the deal you are trying to view is no longer active. Please try a different deal".

Thanks.
Now the deal is disappeared from the app...
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
2138 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto
EdisonL299 wrote: Hello, the Walmart gift card deal is back but when I tried to order, it said "Sorry, the deal you are trying to view is no longer active. Please try a different deal".

Thanks.
Did your purchase go through later?
Oct 17, 2008
576 posts
137 upvotes
Earth
RFDLife wrote: To Moola Canada Support Team and to Ewan.....Thank you for all your help. To everyone else, if you are having issues with your order or need help with the verification process, reach out to them as they are super helpful.
Feels like we are little harsh on the new start up company....they need time and feedback....expectation is just too high and too costly with all the thumbs down....we need to support Canadians and local businesses.....
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1358 posts
683 upvotes
Toronto
andy_ca_cn wrote: Feels like we are little harsh on the new start up company....they need time and feedback....expectation is just too high and too costly with all the thumbs down....we need to support Canadians and local businesses.....
Literally what me, @DaVibe and few others were yelling since beginning of this thread lol.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
2138 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto
look like everything is OOS, no esso, walmart, indigo, ubereat and etc.

Anyone purchased more today?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
5205 posts
3673 upvotes
spy cl wrote: Did your purchase go through later?
No. All is OOS now.
📱 Telus: $30/25GB Peace of Mind Plan + 1000 International minutes
🎁 Moola: 25% bonus on everyday essentials (Walmart, Esso and Uber Eats)
💳 Credit card combo (2.5 - 10% return): AmEx + Scotiabank + CIBC