Expired Hot Deals

[Moola] Gift Card Sales (Esso, Indigo, Walmart, Uber and more at 80%)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2020 5:44 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2016
1834 posts
3165 upvotes
Toronto
cookedDeals wrote: Thinking of purchasing Indigo gift cards and loading them into my online balance as per https://help.indigo.ca/app/answers/deta ... gift-cards for a future big purchase. Anyone know if this is not possible?
I haven't used the load balance thing yet. But I was able to just use their Indigo gift card to make a purchase online without any problem.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11980 posts
10889 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: Been using this app for several months now, it's legit.

There is a scanning issue with the Walmart gift cards, where the gift card will only work with actual cashiers and they need to call a manager over to authorize the transaction.

With Esso, there's been discussions about not being able to add it to Speedpass without a call into CS (I believe this was it). Heavily discussed in the gift card thread here on RFD.

I've spent hundreds of dollars in this app, it's fine.
Are we going to get a physical GC or app only?
My wife like to shop at WM and she don't like using her phone to pay. period.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18382 posts
5767 upvotes
Toronto
nevermindvicky wrote: Does the walmart gift card work online?
Yes it does, I've done that as well.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Aug 8, 2020
31 posts
29 upvotes
Vancouver
DaVibe wrote: Yes it does, I've done that as well.
Awesome, thanks for the confirmation. I'll give it a try.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18382 posts
5767 upvotes
Toronto
embguy wrote: Are we going to get a physical GC or app only?
My wife like to shop at WM and she don't like using her phone to pay. period.
In app only. Best thing you can do is take a screenshot and bring that piece of paper with you to the store if you can't pull it up on your phone.

Or take a screenshot on your phone and show that.

Unfortunately, you cannot "leave the app open", it always closes and requires your password to log back in.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1353 posts
681 upvotes
Toronto
DaVibe wrote: Been using this app for several months now, it's legit.

There is a scanning issue with the Walmart gift cards, where the gift card will only work with actual cashiers and they need to call a manager over to authorize the transaction.

With Esso, there's been discussions about not being able to add it to Speedpass without a call into CS (I believe this was it). Heavily discussed in the gift card thread here on RFD.

I've spent hundreds of dollars in this app, it's fine.
second that, have been using it for sometime now.

Esso gc can't be loaded into speed pass app directly, have to contact them and they will provide ADDable codes
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18382 posts
5767 upvotes
Toronto
The Walmart thing is a huge pet peeve. However, I've been overlooking it for the savings. I've also been nagging them (and hoping others do as well) to get this fixed.

Basically it adds a few more minutes to my transaction because they need to page the manager, find the manager, they have to have a key on them and authorize the transaction for each gift card (the previous promotion was on $50 cards).

As you can tell, it's annoying.
JaiKor wrote: second that, have been using it for sometime now.

Esso gc can't be loaded into speed pass app directly, have to contact them and they will provide ADDable codes
Thanks for clarifying for them.
RedFlagDeals Addict
May 8, 2012
383 posts
94 upvotes
Ottawa
DaVibe wrote: The Walmart thing is a huge pet peeve. However, I've been overlooking it for the savings. I've also been nagging them (and hoping others do as well) to get this fixed.

Basically it adds a few more minutes to my transaction because they need to page the manager, find the manager, they have to have a key on them and authorize the transaction for each gift card (the previous promotion was on $50 cards).

As you can tell, it's annoying.
If you can use it online without a hitch at least there's that...
Jan 9, 2014
594 posts
293 upvotes
Toronto
Waste of time,

Made account and everything but the you can’t buy Walmart and Esso GC, order all got cancelled because out of stock
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18382 posts
5767 upvotes
Toronto
PRO TIP: Once you have selected the card you want to use, click on it and touch "Edit" which will allow you to write notes on the card.

This is where I keep track of what card I have used or write things like "Balance $20"

Also, there is a lag between purchasing the promo gift cards and receiving them in the app. It will appear to be "loading.". This is normal. It may take upwards of a day or two for this to clear.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18382 posts
5767 upvotes
Toronto
Pharmer wrote: Waste of time,

Made account and everything but the you can’t buy Walmart and Esso GC, order all got cancelled because out of stock
I predict it will be back in stock.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18382 posts
5767 upvotes
Toronto
manu117 wrote: If you can use it online without a hitch at least there's that...
Walmart online may have a gift card limit (amount of cards per transaction) but don't quote me on that. I can't remember lol
RedFlagDeals Addict
Apr 16, 2006
106 posts
32 upvotes
Tried home hardware, indigo, esso, and walmart.

no go.
Oct 17, 2008
509 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
JaiKor wrote: Esso gc can't be loaded into speed pass app directly, have to contact them and they will provide ADDable codes
Wondering...who do you call? Esso or speedpass?
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18382 posts
5767 upvotes
Toronto
Here's a sample
Images
  • Screenshot_20200816-130407.png
RedFlagDeals Addict