Expired Hot Deals

[Moola] Gift Card Sales (Esso, Indigo, Walmart, Uber and more at 80%)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2020 5:44 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
5124 posts
3582 upvotes
Hi @moolacanada , are you going to restock this morning and afternoon?
📱 Telus: $30/25GB Peace of Mind Plan + 1000 International minutes
🎁 Moola: 25% bonus on everyday essentials (Walmart, Esso and Uber Eats)
💳 Credit card combo (2-10% return): Amex + Scotiabank + MBNA
Deal Addict
May 20, 2009
1310 posts
779 upvotes
Mississauga
HoleinSocks wrote: Can a mod merge these two threads?
Please don't!
We want to keep this one as a secret.
PM $13/30 days, 250MB with unlimited incoming/30d
Zoomer $36/mo, 5GB 800 minutes
Carrytel cable internet, 75M/10M unltd, $40/30d
Aug 17, 2020
124 posts
520 upvotes
We will release some stock at 2 PM PST (5 PM EST). We're still holding off on releasing Esso, but the Esso issues should be fixed by the end of day today.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1904 posts
454 upvotes
Toronto
moolacanada wrote: We will release some stock at 2 PM PST (5 PM EST). We're still holding off on releasing Esso, but the Esso issues should be fixed by the end of day today.
Any more restock for tonight? My 7 day is not available until 8 pm EST tonight.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2009
1310 posts
779 upvotes
Mississauga
spy cl wrote: Any more restock for tonight? My 7 day is not available until 8 pm EST tonight.
No ESSO today, maybe better try tomorrow instead.
PM $13/30 days, 250MB with unlimited incoming/30d
Zoomer $36/mo, 5GB 800 minutes
Carrytel cable internet, 75M/10M unltd, $40/30d
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
5379 posts
531 upvotes
Was a Walmart this morning and tried to pay with a Walmart GC (with the long string of numbers) from Moola. Presented barcode from Moola on my phone as usual. It wouldn't go through - the till gave some sort of error. It wasn't the previous issue where a CSM/manager override was required - it simply didn't recognize the card as valid. I used the very same GC in a different Walmart store yesterday with no issues.

Tired at both self-checkout and at a casher - same result at both terminals.

Ended up paying with my Walmart GC from UGO and that went through fine.

Did anyone else experience the same issue today?
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1904 posts
454 upvotes
Toronto
Arrow wrote: Was a Walmart this morning and tried to pay with a Walmart GC (with the long string of numbers) from Moola. Presented barcode from Moola on my phone as usual. It wouldn't go through - the till gave some sort of error. It wasn't the previous issue where a CSM/manager override was required - it simply didn't recognize the card as valid. I used the very same GC in a different Walmart store yesterday with no issues.

interesting, I've paid at self-check out with Moola's app no problem, i've also tried with cashier, no problem.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
5379 posts
531 upvotes
Arrow wrote: Was a Walmart this morning and tried to pay with a Walmart GC (with the long string of numbers) from Moola. Presented barcode from Moola on my phone as usual. It wouldn't go through - the till gave some sort of error. It wasn't the previous issue where a CSM/manager override was required - it simply didn't recognize the card as valid. I used the very same GC in a different Walmart store yesterday with no issues.

I just called 1-888-537-5503 to check the balance of the Walmart gift card (from Moola) in question.
Upon entering the last 16 digits and PIN, the automated system said: "Your gift card is inactive. Please go to a Walmart store with your receipt."

This is not good... Like I said, I just used this card yesterday without issue and there is still $ on it.

@moolacanada - Can you help?
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1904 posts
454 upvotes
Toronto
Arrow wrote: I just called 1-888-537-5503 to check the balance of the Walmart gift card (from Moola) in question.
Upon entering the last 16 digits and PIN, the automated system said: "Your gift card is inactive. Please go to a Walmart store with your receipt."

This is not good... Like I said, I just used this card yesterday without issue and there is still $ on it.

did you try walmart.ca pretend to buy an item and key in that gift card number so you be able to see the balance?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
5379 posts
531 upvotes
@moolacanada

I did some more detective work.

I have a few Walmart gift cards in my app.

On some of my Walmart cards in the Moola app, after the extra string of digits were added last week, there became a total of 30 digits in the gift card number.

On 2 of my Walmart cards in the Moola app, after the extra string of digits were added last week, there became a total of 44 digits in the gift card number. The card number is so long that it's cut off on my screen and I have to click on the "barcode not scanning" button to see the entire card number. It was one of the cards with 44 digits that failed this morning (via an attempt to scan the gift card barcode). Balance check on the phone (1-888-537-5503) still works as long as I am entering the last 16 digits only of the entire 44-digit string of numbers, and not just what I can see on the screen initially.

It seems that with the update that occurred in the last week to add the extra digits onto Walmart gift cards, some of them got messed up and resulted in 44-digit gift card numbers that are not working.
But this still doesn't explain why this particular card worked fine yesterday at a Walmart store and not this morning.

Jan 1, 2015
59 posts
179 upvotes
Old Socks
Arrow wrote: @moolacanada

I did some more detective work.

I have a few Walmart gift cards in my app.

On some of my Walmart cards in the Moola app, after the extra string of digits were added last week, there became a total of 30 digits in the gift card number.

On 2 of my Walmart cards in the Moola app, after the extra string of digits were added last week, there became a total of 44 digits in the gift card number. The card number is so long that it's cut off on my screen and I have to click on the "barcode not scanning" button to see the entire card number. It was one of the cards with 44 digits that failed this morning (via an attempt to scan the gift card barcode). Balance check on the phone (1-888-537-5503) still works as long as I am entering the last 16 digits only of the entire 44-digit string of numbers, and not just what I can see on the screen initially.

It seems that with the update that occurred in the last week to add the extra digits onto Walmart gift cards, some of them got messed up and resulted in 44-digit gift card numbers that are not working.
But this still doesn't explain why this particular card worked fine yesterday at a Walmart store and not this morning.

I've noticed anytime you edit balance, change picture of card or edit the card in any way, the moola app adds another set of SKU prefix numbers - leading to a non-usable barcode... I have to delete card and manually add the card again
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
5379 posts
531 upvotes
HoleinSocks wrote: I've noticed anytime you edit balance, change picture of card or edit the card in any way, the moola app adds another set of SKU prefix numbers - leading to a non-usable barcode... I have to delete card and manually add the card again
That could be it.
Makes it cumbersome (to have to delete and re-add the card manually each time you use it), as that’s how I keep track of my remaining balance on the card.