Expired Hot Deals

[Moola] Gift Card Sales (Esso, Indigo, Walmart, Uber and more at 80%)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2021 12:20 pm
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18850 posts
6435 upvotes
Toronto
muffinkevin wrote: That's a ridiculously long wait time for a digital item considering 99% of digital items take less than 5 minutes to "deliver".
The reason is the verification process. They are manually verifying transactions. Couple hundred transactions, several times a day, a mix of veteran members and new members, they are behind. I've seen orders cancelled because they never got to the order (over the 120 days).
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
4263 posts
2368 upvotes
On Sunday I bought:

Esso - $100 & $200
Walmart - $100 & $200

I received all of the Esso cards and the Walmart $100 card, but just got an email about the $200 Walmart card saying "One or more of the items in order #xxxxxxx were out of stock or unavailable. Your order has been cancelled, and you will not be charged."

That's really annoying several days after purchase.
Dec 11, 2008
722 posts
125 upvotes
NL
Are Moola phoning ppl to confirm information?
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18850 posts
6435 upvotes
Toronto
disque wrote: Are Moola phoning ppl to confirm information?
At times they do, yes. Confirming that you actually want to make the purchase, yes.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
1237 posts
1049 upvotes
Ontario
disque wrote: Are Moola phoning ppl to confirm information?
It depends. I wasn't called, but some people were.
Fido ($35/4GB for 24 months + $0/4GB for 24 months)
Dec 11, 2008
722 posts
125 upvotes
NL
They just call me to confirm my mailing address and postal code. I wouldn't give it to them over the phone thinking it was a scam to get my info.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18850 posts
6435 upvotes
Toronto
disque wrote: They just call me to confirm my mailing address and postal code. I wouldn't give it to them over the phone thinking it was a scam to get my info.
But if you gave them a chance, they would have told you what you purchased as well. Scammers wouldn't know that.

We've been talking about verification calls in this thread for weeks, where have you been? Lol
RedFlagDeals Addict
Dec 11, 2008
722 posts
125 upvotes
NL
I've bought 6 gift cards, this is the first time they have called. Thread is too big to read to find the info, that's why I asked.
Mar 23, 2017
620 posts
1150 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know of they still have the indigo promo going on? Also, I know there aren't referrals offered through rfd, but do they have referral bonuses?
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18850 posts
6435 upvotes
Toronto
Went to use Esso strictly through the app, didn't work. Had to stand in the store, transfer them to Speedpass and then they worked.

However, I've scanned them on my phone before and they worked.

Weird no?
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
2137 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto
DaVibe wrote: Went to use Esso strictly through the app, didn't work. Had to stand in the store, transfer them to Speedpass and then they worked.

However, I've scanned them on my phone before and they worked.

Weird no?
Normal, better to upload to speed pass so you can see the balance right away.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18850 posts
6435 upvotes
Toronto
spy cl wrote: Normal, better to upload to speed pass so you can see the balance right away.
But I wanted to print some off and give to family members.

Maybe I can screenshot it in Speedpass instead ...
RedFlagDeals Addict