Hot Deals

[Moola] Sobeys, Frescho, Foodland, Safeway, IGA, Thrifty Foods - 5% Off eGift Cards - Moola Weekly Deal

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2020 2:26 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18317 posts
5655 upvotes
Toronto

Sobeys, Frescho, Foodland, Safeway, IGA, Thrifty Foods - 5% Off eGift Cards - Moola Weekly Deal

Deal Link:
Savings:
5%
Expiry:
November 2, 2020
Retailer:
Moola
"This week, we are welcoming our newest partner, Sobeys.

Sobeys
Frescho
Foodland
Safeway
IGA
Thrifty Foods

Right now, when you buy a $100 Sobeys eGift Card from Moola, you will save 5%. Pick up this deal while supplies last."

I went onto the Sobey's website to look at gift card details. "Cards are valid at participating stores in Canada."
Cards can be redeemed at Sobeys, IGA, Garden Market IGA, Foodland, Safeway, FreshCo, Chalo! FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drugs, Needs, Fast Fuel and Price Chopper (ON) locations across Canada. Sobeys gift cards are accepted only in these IGA locations in B.C (1) 4823 – 50 Avenue , Fort Nelson, BC V0C 1R0 (2) 5001 – 50 Avenue, Chetwynd, BC V0C 1J0 (3) 624-9 Avenue North, Golden, BC VOA 1HO

Deal Ends November 2nd
Last edited by DaVibe on Oct 20th, 2020 5:32 pm, edited 8 times in total.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Thread Summary
In the Moola app

Deal ends November 2nd
39 replies
Jul 7, 2013
569 posts
806 upvotes
Thx for the share, OP!

Not familiar with Moola so googled it but are there any caveats for a new user to be aware of?

cheers,
:)
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18317 posts
5655 upvotes
Toronto
klamchowder wrote: Thx for the share, OP!

Not familiar with Moola so googled it but are there any caveats for a new user to be aware of?

cheers,
Well first off, it's a digital card - no physical copy. So you'll have to be willing to use an e-gift card.
Secondly, Moola has been around for a few months on RFD now (few years just we weren't talking about them), some of us have spent thousands of dollars with them on previous promotions of other gift cards, so using them shouldn't be an issue. Some users were reporting issues (as a first time user) completing a purchase, as their gift cards were cancelled by Moola. Moola has made some verification updates (is what they told us) and the process should be smoother. There may be a delay in receiving the card (as a first time user) as opposed to someone like me, who gets them right away. I think the delay would be hours or 1-2 days as opposed to something substantial. Again, Moola said they've been working on that, so maybe that won't happen.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Nov 28, 2013
119 posts
316 upvotes
Toronto
Moola has launched their Weekly Offer this week - 5% off Grocery Gift Cards purchased through the Moola App. The Sale includes Foodland, FreshCo, IGA (Quebec and West), Safeway, Sobeys & Thrifty Foods.

The Gift Cards come in denominations of $50, $100, & $250. The limit is 1 gift card of each denomination per user/per week.

I think this is a pretty decent deal if you buy groceries or like eating food....
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1952 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
This is a good deal, will buy $250 one since only 1 per client.
Aug 17, 2020
124 posts
520 upvotes
Thank you for the attention on this weekly deal!

For new users, the verification process is self-serve and takes less than a minute.

We've also removed the limits for this weekly deal. Stock will go through fast but we'll make our best efforts to continue restocking.
Nov 2, 2007
31 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Would anyone know if I can use the Sobeys gift card to buy other third party gift cards, or just limited to grocery purchases?
Aug 17, 2020
124 posts
520 upvotes
bobodad wrote: Would anyone know if I can use the Sobeys gift card to buy other third party gift cards, or just limited to grocery purchases?
Hi, great question!
The eGift card can be used for all in-store purchases, excluding other gift cards.
Aug 17, 2020
124 posts
520 upvotes
Hello everyone,

We will be restocking Sobeys deals as soon as possible, as well as removing the limit on how many you may purchase.

Be sure to check in the app for the latest updates!
Jul 7, 2013
569 posts
806 upvotes
Caveat: check your card is working before you enter the store. This morning, when I went to use the gc, said I had to update app. I did that but then it kept asking for passcode but I'd enabled biometrics so didn't bother to remember the code - wouldn't take my TouchID despite repeated attempts and only had passcode screen. Didn't want to hold up the line any longer so I had to bail and pay with cc.

Is it possible to add the card to Apple Wallet? Would be a lot easier to keep track of and use.

cheers,
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18317 posts
5655 upvotes
Toronto
klamchowder wrote: Caveat: check your card is working before you enter the store. This morning, when I went to use the gc, said I had to update app. I did that but then it kept asking for passcode but I'd enabled biometrics so didn't bother to remember the code - wouldn't take my TouchID despite repeated attempts and only had passcode screen. Didn't want to hold up the line any longer so I had to bail and pay with cc.

Is it possible to add the card to Apple Wallet? Would be a lot easier to keep track of and use.

cheers,
Users have reported adding their cards to other apps, I don't see why not if you can add all the information.
Just better prepare yourself at home next time, it's just an off-chance scenario where you set up the extra password security and then forgot the password.
You can also remove that entirely, like I have. You open the app and go. I was in it so much that I got tired of putting in my swipe password.
RedFlagDeals Addict