Feb 17, 2012
1507 posts
363 upvotes
ORLEANS
That actually looks nice. I might do that to my car
Sep 25, 2018
850 posts
1565 upvotes
Hey blame the government body. If they allow such modifications to cars then nothing you can do about people who modifies their cars like such.

If you don't like it, well, either whine about it here or propose law changes to not allow modifications to cars.
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
897 posts
457 upvotes
I don't think you can have a "police" decal on your car in Toronto.
I think that is a bilaw handled by municipalities and provinces.

However I believe you can have the lights on your car like a security guard. So you can mod it to look like police but cannot put the word police on it.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
16688 posts
15100 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Doebird wrote: I don't think you can have a "police" decal on your car in Toronto.

However I believe you can have the lights on your car like a security guard. So you can mod it to look like police but cannot put the word police on it.
Xcoppers have been doing this for decades now...
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
897 posts
457 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote: Xcoppers have been doing this for decades now...
With the word police on it?
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
16688 posts
15100 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Doebird wrote: With the word police on it?
I quoted you and you said without police... so yes obviously no police lettering and says XCOPPER as that’s their business name. But the car looks almost like an OPP vehicle.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5959 posts
2477 upvotes
Debtario
The criminal code prohibits using "a badge or article of uniform or equipment in a manner that is likely to cause persons to believe that he is a peace officer or a public officer" so no "POLICE" lettering.There's also restrictions on lights, you can't have red/blue flashing lights as those are for emergency vehicles, green is for volunteer firefighters, and purple is for funerals... but you can have yellow or white. Everything else from look-alike decals, radios, bull bars, etc is fair game.

Note this applies only to impersonating CANADIAN police officers. If you put Chinese markings or european (POLIZEI, POLICIA) or FBI etc. you're in the clear because those forces have no jurisdiction here.I suspect that's why the Chinese police cars are allowed in Australia.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2007
5954 posts
1434 upvotes
???
New HTA no longer allows red and blue lamps on vehicles other than emergency vehicles. Are you allowed to have them fitted but not turned on while on the road? That’s up to interpretation. Also vehicles can be marked up however you want as long as it does not display “Police” anywhere on the vehicle.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19676 posts
5763 upvotes
Toronto
Doebird wrote: I don't think you can have a "police" decal on your car in Toronto.

What happens if it just says “police” in Chinese?

Judging by the pic, that Australian one doesn’t actually have it in English on the car.